Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The timeline is a bit confusing. The Awareness Communication says:
1628774609224.png

Does that mean Broncos built after July 21 that are still "In Production" but not "Built" are OK? I'm still holding out hope, but then this doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies:

1628774724503.png

I've been giving Ford a lot of leeway, but once again, I don't think the right hand even knows the left hand exists, much less has met it.
That looks like the recall notice being sent to the people who already have their cars, which implies to me to that no Broncos with hardtops built after July 21 have been shipped.
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For what it's worth, we might be the biggest winners (or least losers) in this scenario. Ours car will likely sit in the lot the least amount of time of any of these Bronco, and we're more likely than not going to get them before the end of the year. Even in the most optimistic timeline, anyone scheduled to have been built today or later will be getting theirs around Christmas at the earliest.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Order Holder FAQ does now have me thinking they'll hold onto the bad MIC top builds and replace the tops there rather than ship to dealers and replace later.

It looks like this is the sort-of order for good MIC tops:
  • new builds, a few First Editions, 2doors, Wildtracks and others going forward, but not many, and no new VINS or new scheduling
  • replacing the "bad batch broncos" from June, then July, then eventually us August folks, probably into late Sept or October
  • replacing the already-delivered tops through dealers (starting October-ish per the FAQ)
So...another 6-8 weeks? Maybe? Who knows.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Order Holder FAQ does now have me thinking they'll hold onto the bad MIC top builds and replace the tops there rather than ship to dealers and replace later.

It looks like this is the sort-of order for good MIC tops:
  • new builds, a few First Editions, 2doors, Wildtracks and others going forward, but not many, and no new VINS or new scheduling
  • replacing the "bad batch broncos" from June, then July, then eventually us August folks, probably into late Sept or October
  • replacing the already-delivered tops through dealers (starting October-ish per the FAQ)
So...another 6-8 weeks? Maybe? Who knows.
That's not how I read it: based on NickP's comments on the first page, it sounds like the priority will be to clear out the backlog and then build out FE's. They're also supposed to notify people with currently built cars in September, while they specifically say October for everyone else. Who knows how it will actually work, but I suspect that, in an optimistic scenario, we start seeing our roofs replaced and cars shipped in mid-to-late October. Thanksgiving might the most realistic delivery estimate, IF everything does well.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's not how I read it: based on NickP's comments on the first page, it sounds like the priority will be to clear out the backlog and then build out FE's. They're also supposed to notify people with currently built cars in September, while they specifically say October for everyone else. Who knows how it will actually work, but I suspect that, in an optimistic scenario, we start seeing our roofs replaced and cars shipped in mid-to-late October. Thanksgiving might the most realistic delivery estimate, IF everything does well.
This is the kind of variation that makes for good drinking games/bets. Granted I want to be optimistic, and I can totally see that read in the communications. I hope to be eating my pineapple (and pepperoni) pizza in October for my birthday rather than Thanksgiving, though.

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the kind of variation that makes for good drinking games/bets. Granted I want to be optimistic, and I can totally see that read in the communications. I hope to be eating my pineapple (and pepperoni) pizza in October for my birthday rather than Thanksgiving, though.
No doubt! Considering how many missed expectations we've had so far, I'm trying to adjust my expectations accordingly.

Gillenh20

Black Diamond
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Camaro, 2019 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what its worth, i just spoke to Ford's customer service and they said I can switch my MIC order to a soft top and ford will ship the vehicle. Im a 4dr BD with MIC, blend date of 8/6...so mine is likely built and sitting in the MAP lot. They said to call your dealer and they can update the order.

FloatingMoat

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW F800GSA & Onewheel Pint
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

sooo...the first thing i was going to do to my bronco was to rhino-line the MIC....so what I'm hearing is that my bronco is being held because of a cosmetic issue that is of no concern to me in the first place?
Come on @Ford Motor Company - ship the vehicles and fix it with the dealer network. Yes - more expensive, but having all those broncos sitting in the elements isn't helping anyone.
Trying hard to be optimistic, but it's getting more and more difficult to maintain.
🍺🥃🍺🥃🍺 🥃🍺🥃🍺🥃
Ford Bronco 🛠 8/2/21 build Week Thread 1628783739830

MathRanger

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR OBX Cactus Gray Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

#badbatchbroncos members please sign this petition! http://chng.it/fkDNFn5fm6
I don't understand the "ask" here. Is there a clear "we want this: xxxxxx"?
- it looks like "ship us the trucks with bad tops"...
does that mean "and fix them later like the already shipped trucks" ?
and then who pays shipping, install, etc?

or... "we're good with the tops they have"

I think a more clear exact course of action is what a petition would need to have

IMHO

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't understand the "ask" here. Is there a clear "we want this: xxxxxx"?
- it looks like "ship us the trucks with bad tops"...
does that mean "and fix them later like the already shipped trucks" ?
and then who pays shipping, install, etc?

or... "we're good with the tops they have"

I think a more clear exact course of action is what a petition would need to have

IMHO
Double check the title. We're asking for them to ship them as is and replace through the dealer, maybe as part of a recall, the same way they are handling Broncos that have already been delivered to customers. If there is nothing dangerous or mechanically wrong with them then the only thing preventing this is the cost to ship the new tops to dealers.

Sponsored

MathRanger

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR OBX Cactus Gray Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Double check the title. We're asking for them to ship them as is and replace through the dealer, maybe as part of a recall, the same way they are handling Broncos that have already been delivered to customers. If there is nothing dangerous or mechanically wrong with them then the only thing preventing this is the cost to ship the new tops to dealers.
Wow, I didn't see the title with all the stuff the browser inserts like ads. That makes much more sense, thanks!
-I do see the costs to Ford as freight for being individually crated and shipped replacement tops, as well as the "install" expense that will be expected of the dealerships service time which is the only way dealerships make money these days (except for the snaky ones we see with ADM). My gut tells me that it would have to be handled like a service ticket no matter what we think makes more sense.
-It might not even be the substantial shipping expense that led to their decision, perhaps Ford has decided that the fewer substandard tops there are in circulation with their brand on them the better.

At this point I'd almost let them put a soft-top with upgrade kit on my sand-lot Bronco, and then pay the $2700-ish dollars (plus shipping) for a hard top later.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, I didn't see the title with all the stuff the browser inserts like ads. That makes much more sense, thanks!
-I do see the costs to Ford as freight for being individually crated and shipped replacement tops, as well as the "install" expense that will be expected of the dealerships service time which is the only way dealerships make money these days (except for the snaky ones we see with ADM). My gut tells me that it would have to be handled like a service ticket no matter what we think makes more sense.
-It might not even be the substantial shipping expense that led to their decision, perhaps Ford has decided that the fewer substandard tops there are in circulation with their brand on them the better.

At this point I'd almost let them put a soft-top with upgrade kit on my sand-lot Bronco, and then pay the $2700-ish dollars (plus shipping) for a hard top later.
I would too but they wont allow a soft top on my Wildtrak :-/

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We're either getting early V2 tops or going to the back of Dirt Mountain... Who knows? Ford Customer service certainly doesn't know, I just got done talking to them... They blamed an Earthquake in February, the pandemic, and a lack of CHIPS! You just can't make this shit up!

They couldn't tell me whether or not we were affected by the hardtop issue. Thanks @Ford Motor Company!

LAbronco

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang, Bronco Base 4 Door VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really feel bad for anyone with a hard top order. I want a hard top and will get one at some point. But, I knew going in that soft top was the only way for me to get my order this year. I ordered late.
My base 2.7 soft top has been in production since 8/5. I’m assuming since my modules generated that it isn’t on hold for the 2.7. That is the only possible constraint I have. 5427 was my rotation. Hoping for a build email soon.

broncoepic

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a blend date of 8/5 and the modules were loaded on 8/6. The current status is "In Production" with no other updates on the various trackers. My build spec is 4Dr Badlands, Lux, Sasquatch, 2.7L, Soft Top. I'm hoping that I receive the 'Built' email soon or get some sort of an update from Ford regarding potential contraint/s that has put me in QC hold.
Sponsored