First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
im trying to track my rail number from the window sticker and its so frustrating my letter code is nb but the automated system only hears mp every time no matter how i change the sound of what i say for anyone looking i believe the rail car number is on the top left of the window sticker it will say 9 normal and then the following two letter code and 6 digit code should be the number, i found this on the tremor forums, but i havent been successful on getting a trace with it yet, im not sure if im not in the system yet or if this method isnt actually my number
I have my doubts that those numbers represent the rail car number (but I've been proven wrong many times before!). Those numbers have been on my sticker since the first one dated 8/31, more than a week before my blend date. I don't believe that they could have assigned a rail car number to my rig before it even started production. They have no way of predicting when the Bronco will be finished (with delays, QC issues, etc.), and I don't see how they could even predict what rail cars would be in the rail yard when the unit is released for shipment.

My understanding has always been that you have to get the rail car number from your dealer (from Visibility), and only after it's been loaded onto a rail car. But please prove me wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚
Sponsored

Last edited:

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably not telling anyone anything they don't already know but I didn't realize in the module look up you can check to see if you have a key code (helped put my mind at ease that the thing is actually built...I'm assuming BCM/ECM + Key Codes all populated must mean it's actually built).

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going on three days with the new bronco, two issues so far, the antenna mount has it bent inwards, had to order new mount, also the cowel inbetween the mirrors was wrapped and when I opened the hood is bent it up and snapped the snaps, Ford is ordering the parts and waiting on them to come in. Other than that I love it and have been getting a lot of looks
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  9/6/21 Build Week Group BD3E4CDE-BDCE-421E-8AFB-5FB753044690

BroncoAW

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Fx4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going on three days with the new bronco, two issues so far, the antenna mount has it bent inwards, had to order new mount, also the cowel inbetween the mirrors was wrapped and when I opened the hood is bent it up and snapped the snaps, Ford is ordering the parts and waiting on them to come in. Other than that I love it and have been getting a lot of looks
I also think the B&O sounds amazing

Natalia530

Outer Banks
First Name
Natalia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
9/10 blend
Finally built email this morning with 10/12-10/18 delivery. Rail to California.
So damn excited!!
I think we're on the same train๐Ÿคž rail to Cali delivery estimate 10/10-10/16, way northern California

Sponsored

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am convoy to NJ - production 9/16 - built 9/26 - on the 26th my delivery eta was between 9/30 & 10/6 - as of yesterday it was between 9/27 & 10/3 (on my dealer's visibility). however no shipped email, or updates on palsapp (i am convoy). I wonder how they even create these ETAs.
They probably just make up the ETAs

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine finally shipped. Coming down to Houston takes a long time I guess.
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  9/6/21 Build Week Group 2700F03D-2614-4183-B245-E8A42EFA3F65

Normanluck

Outer Banks
First Name
Cafe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Probably not telling anyone anything they don't already know but I didn't realize in the module look up you can check to see if you have a key code (helped put my mind at ease that the thing is actually built...I'm assuming BCM/ECM + Key Codes all populated must mean it's actually built).
Where do you see if the key codes populate at

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my doubts that those numbers represent the rail car number (but I've been proven wrong many times before!). Those numbers have been on my sticker since the first one dated 8/31, more than a week before my blend date. I don't believe that they could have assigned a rail car number to my rig before it even started production. They have no way of predicting when the Bronco will be finished (with delays, QC issues, etc.), and I don't see how they could even predict what rail cars would be in the rail yard when the unit is released for shipment.

My understanding has always been that you have to get the rail car number from your dealer (from Visibility), and only after it's been loaded onto a rail car. But please prove me wrong. ๐Ÿ™‚
For NB you can enter 62 22. N is the 6th key, but second letter.....

Sponsored

tippydee

Badlands
First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four Mustangs (68, 89, 94, 14)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked to the dealer this morning and got some clarity. @tjnoffy I guess ours could still be sitting at MAP waiting on a rail car, because all its still saying on mine is โ€œin transitโ€. Technically doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s moved from MAP. They said the way it should work is we get the shipped email once itโ€™s been assigned a rail car, it updates on visibility the same day, and itโ€™s 5-7 days to get here from that point. (This is assuming the system isnโ€™t flawed lol) That being said, he mentioned Friday is when they get all of the big updates from Ford, so theyโ€™re hoping to know more in a couple of days.

Iโ€™m still hopeful ours are in transit and on a rail car headed down, and just not updating in the system same as many of the others have been doing. Maybe itโ€™s the Pollyanna in me (few may get that movie reference) but I want to believe theyโ€™re on the way here already lol

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do you see if the key codes populate at
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/A...x-fTjcbmQuY2-glrvQbWCxDJ9AvRRP98nUv2cZ19kEfoc

This is link to see if you modules are active. There's also a key code link up top that allows you to input your VIN. I did that and it responded saying it had an active key in their system. I think there was a "reset" button in there so be careful. Sounded like a button you did NOT want to click :oops::oops:....but it showed my key as active. Just made me feel better that truck is actually built. Pizza tracker shows "In Production", dealer says built...just didn't know who to believe. Damn thing still isn't on a truck but know it's assembled.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Talked to the dealer this morning and got some clarity. @tjnoffy I guess ours could still be sitting at MAP waiting on a rail car, because all its still saying on mine is โ€œin transitโ€. Technically doesnโ€™t mean itโ€™s moved from MAP. They said the way it should work is we get the shipped email once itโ€™s been assigned a rail car, it updates on visibility the same day, and itโ€™s 5-7 days to get here from that point. (This is assuming the system isnโ€™t flawed lol) That being said, he mentioned Friday is when they get all of the big updates from Ford, so theyโ€™re hoping to know more in a couple of days.

Iโ€™m still hopeful ours are in transit and on a rail car headed down, and just not updating in the system same as many of the others have been doing. Maybe itโ€™s the Pollyanna in me (few may get that movie reference) but I want to believe theyโ€™re on the way here already lol
Good to hear that this tracks with what my dealer told me. Again, bear in mind that she said that the current wait time between final release from the plant and actual shipment is NOT unusual, even pre-pandemic.

I'm sure the logistics involved are mind-boggling. They have to put series of rail cars together with vehicles going in the same general direction, and probably loaded in a certain order to easily unload the autos in the order of the stops. And looking at the CSX rail map I saw earlier, there are lots of possible routes coming out of MAP. And on top of that, they have to ensure that the groups of rail cars are full enough to make it worth sending a train out, so that means monitoring the production line for how many other rigs are in the pipeline going in the same direction and making a call to wait on them or send the train as is, which means those in the pipeline will have to wait longer for a new train to fill enough.

I'm not making apologies for Ford. Assuming all of the above is accurate, the communications to the buyers should be more accurate, timely and detailed. No excuses. But I think if you were on the ground at MAP watching how this works, you'd be amazed.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had theirs show up with the following scenario (identical please) AND had their truck show up "unannounced"?:
  • 9/8 "In Production" Date
  • Modules Populated
  • No Dates populated for Built, Shipped or Delivered
One additional note is that my dealer has told me that, via his system (whatever that means), he's showing it as built.

BL, Squatch, 2.7L, MIC, 4DR, Day 1 reservation, Day 1 order, been moved too many times to count.
We have the exact same build same blend date as well, no built or shipped email, sales rep shows Iโ€™m built and I have a delivery window 10/8-10/14
Sponsored