62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, I'd kinda prefer being bumped? Mine was supposed to be delivered between the 10th and the 16th. Tracker STILL says it'll be delivered between the 10th and the 16th.

All my dealer says is "any day now".

:(
Mine started as 10th-16th...my dealer says the same
Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one still "in production"? It's lonely and cold out here
No, you're not. I've got at minimum another month. Mine is back at the plant for repairs.
I completely understand your frustration.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, you're not. I've got at minimum another month. Mine is back at the plant for repairs.
I completely understand your frustration.
It's crazy how you need a part repaired and it takes that long. It's at MAP. That should be the quickest turn around possible. I might be dying a little less if I knew why mine is delayed

Sponsored

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meanwhile, over in the 10/18 build week thread, people are already starting to get deliveries...

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
got the call from granger a couple hours ago its been delivered they just need to prep it and inspect it, i got payment all lined up going to pick up on saturday if everything goes according to plan
Yay! Congrats! 😀

Clobbit

First Edition
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70 3.3
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nope, I am as well. But unlike TheKim I have no info as to why. My blend date was 9/10 and ETA to dealer was 10/9.

Have not heard a word and dealer has heard nothing.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope, I am as well. But unlike TheKim I have no info as to why. My blend date was 9/10 and ETA to dealer was 10/9.

Have not heard a word and dealer has heard nothing.
Exact same (mines a BD SAS though).

Sponsored

Toecutter

Badlands
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 f150 fx4, 2016 jeep willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SABronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2005 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Supposedly" ours made it to the local railyard Saturday. Still showing in production and our estimated delivery date was 10/13. Father-in-law is a mechanic at our Ford dealer and he made friends with the guy who drives the truck that delivers the cars from the railyard. He asked if he could check our VIN and see if it was there. Had a false alarm (said they put the VIN in wrong) on the 13th but the driver texted my father-in-law yesterday saying it just made it in and was still on the railcar. Said he'd try his best to deliver it tomorrow so fingers crossed we hear from the dealer tomorrow!

Also have been talking to the Bronco support line a lot trying to track it down and the last person I talked to said if it's 10 days past the estimated delivery date (so the 23rd for me) you can submit a case through your zone rep and "Ford takes those a little more seriously." So just some info for anyone else with the same situation!
Spoke too soon apparently... only bronco they had come in was an A51 Wildtrak. The dealer looked into it again and they said it actually wasn't at the railyard and they must have thought the A51 was ours. Fantastic news as we had just submitted an application for financing... So back to square one.

Will be calling the dealer again to tell them what the support line said to do and submit a late delivery form as my delivery date still shows 10/13 and the 23rd is tomorrow. I'm calling the support line just about everyday now trying to figure out just what's going on with it. Same answer every time and no one over there really knows. Also have an open case with them and they were supposed to call me back by now but nothing there too. Getting very frustrating that no one can explain anything.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, Ford sent me an email asking me for my opinion about my experience purchasing my 2021 Ford Bronco. I gave them an earful, assuming someone actually reads it...

The good: Owen Ford provided excellent customer service, and were only limited in their ability to provide current information because of the lack of information from FMC. So far, the Bronco itself is great! The photo of my Bronco after rolling off the assembly line was a nice touch.

The bad: FMC provided tools for buyers to track their Bronco orders, but the information provided through email and the online tracker was often wrong, late, or non-existent. The dealership faced the same issues in their systems (e.g. Visibility). If FMC is going to provide these tools, you need to work harder to make them informative and to update them in a timely manner.

For example: 1) After you report the vehicle as Built, tell us what else it needs to go through before being released (e.g. Accessory Shop, Body Shop). We don't know what options on our vehicles require other stops after being "Built." Tell us. When we see "Built" without any other information, we assume shipping is next. I had to find out from my dealer when it was "Released and ready for shipment." Put that information in the tracker, too.

2) On the tracker under Shipped, don't just put "Est. 17 days" without some context. What does "17 days" mean? 17 days after what? Put an estimated date there, which would be more meaningful.

3) When estimated dates on the tracker slip, update them on or before the current estimated date. Sometimes the estimated date came and went, and wasn't updated for days. A follow-up email with an explanation for the slip would be useful, too. I'm sure you could put together a collection of general, canned emails that explain the situation and could easily be sent out. People get less concerned about slippage when they have an idea why.

4) The biggest issue: DON'T LEAVE CUSTOMERS HANGING FOR WEEKS WITH NO INFORMATION. I'm sure you're aware of the online forums for the new Bronco. We have a group from our 9/6 blend week sharing our updates. There are still many who received "Built" notifications in mid-September, and have heard NOTHING since. That's unsatisfactory. One of them was able to get his dealer to go through his area Ford rep, who was able to reach someone at MAP to find out that his Bronco's front axle had a problem, failed QC, and had to have it replaced. Getting this information is the exception, not the rule (although it should be). Few dealers/area reps are willing or able to negotiate the red tape to get this type of information. The norm is for the customers in this position to receive ZERO communication from FMC. Many have had no communication in over a month, and have no idea why. They should be receiving periodic updates on the status of their vehicles without having to jump through hoops.

The bottom line is that Ford ramped up the excitement for the new Bronco, and those of us who ordered them have been very excited for over a year at the prospect of owning one. Ford also put tracking and communication tools in place to keep customers informed. However, the tracking and communication tools are severely lacking (I'm a 30+ year IT guy... I know how this SHOULD be working). You may think that sharing bad news with customers (failed QC checks, shipping delays, etc.) would be a public relations nightmare. Not so. We would rather know the unvarnished truth as to why our vehicle is delayed than to wait for days, weeks or months with no information.

You have the framework for a useful customer engagement process in place, it's just not being used adequately. Please think carefully about the customers' expectations. This is the 21st century, after all. Amazon, UPS and the other big logistics, supply chain companies have this figured out pretty well (yes, auto manufacturing and delivery is a somewhat different animal), even during these hard times, but their level of service is what the world expects these days, even from auto manufacturers. Improving these communications services would be a worthwhile investment for Ford.

Thank you.

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
right there with you, 9/8 blend date, 9/13 shows as produced. Tracker stuck on “in production. No email updates.4DR mic tow SAS BL
Sponsored