Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@TheKim I know where your Bronco is.. and everybody else "In Production". I was able to find a phone number for Precision Vehicle Logistics, I spoke with a woman from accounting (the number I found was not a general number), but I was able to have her help me out. My Bronco was at the other holding site until last week, which it was moved back to the Plant to get the microchip installed. Now it will be shipped this week with LNR Transport, not JackCooper. AKA cannot track via Palsapp.

@Administrator Bronco's are missing Microchips, probably why we saw some soft tops at dirt mountain from the post on trending. If you want more information from what I heard I will be glad to provide it.
Sponsored

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TheKim I know where your Bronco is.. and everybody else "In Production". I was able to find a phone number for Precision Vehicle Logistics, I spoke with a woman from accounting (the number I found was not a general number), but I was able to have her help me out. My Bronco was at the other holding site until last week, which it was moved back to the Plant to get the microchip installed. Now it will be shipped this week with LNR Transport, not JackCooper. AKA cannot track via Palsapp.

@Administrator Bronco's are missing Microchips, probably why we saw some soft tops at dirt mountain from the post on trending. If you want more information from what I heard I will be glad to provide it.
If that's true, that's a bunch of shit.

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not an electronics guy so go easy on me. If that’s true why would modules populate? I’m assuming the missing microchips control other parts of the vehicle??

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I assume that our Bronco's might have had a bad batch of chips, hence why they would make it so far, but pulled for QC control issues.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assume that our Bronco's might have had a bad batch of chips, hence why they would make it so far, but pulled for QC control issues.
Or that was a BS answer, used because the chip shortage is well known. "Yeah, it's the chip shortage! That's the ticket!"

This is the first I've heard of the chip shortage affecting Broncos. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Ford stocked up on chips knowing that this was going to be a huge roll out. Anyone heard of chips being an issue for Broncos before now?

Sponsored

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Or that was a BS answer, used because the chip shortage is well known. "Yeah, it's the chip shortage! That's the ticket!"

This is the first I've heard of the chip shortage affecting Broncos. I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that Ford stocked up on chips knowing that this was going to be a huge roll out. Anyone heard of chips being an issue for Broncos before now?
The woman read me off the dates, times, and locations of where it went and why it was there. I lied and pretended to be my sales rep, not just some random waiting on his Bronco.

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the one hand, it's new info which in and of itself is something good. On the other, I agree, it's the first I heard of this and I also heard (not sure where so it could be BS as well) that Ford had hedged against the chip shortage and was in a good position.

brokentwig

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It probably is a chip shortage, but I can't help feel like Ford ran out of some chips on our build week, and sent them to the corner to wait for "surplus" chips, while they continued to build new Broncos. Although this process has sucked, I haven't really been upset, but now I'm kind of feeling like Ford fell down on their commitment to build these things in the order they were reserved. And honestly, that pisses me off.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The woman read me off the dates, times, and locations of where it went and why it was there. I lied and pretended to be my sales rep, not just some random waiting on his Bronco.
Well, I guess the number of orders may have been larger than they planned for, and Ford hit the ceiling of their chip supply and have recently run into availability issues.

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just spoke to LNR Transport - Which is the company shipping my Bronco - It is on their "Hot List", it will be shipped by Monday at the latest. It will be 1-2 days from there. So, I should have my Bronco next week!!!

Sponsored

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just spoke to LNR Transport - Which is the company shipping my Bronco - It is on their "Hot List", it will be shipped by Monday at the latest. It will be 1-2 days from there. So, I should have my Bronco next week!!!
Did you have info that populated in the palsapp? I have a freight bill# for JCT in that app but everything else is null or empty. Curious if your info was in there and now they've switched shipping companies?

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you have info that populated in the palsapp? I have a freight bill# for JCT in that app but everything else is null or empty. Curious if your info was in there and now they've switched shipping companies?
Mine is not shipping via JackCooper - so not all will be in the PalsApp.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kinda curious. How'd you figure out a chip shortage and who to call? Then what shipping company?

itbesandrodoe

Big Bend
First Name
Alessandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Kinda curious. How'd you figure out a chip shortage and who to call? Then what shipping company?
I did some research, made some calls, got lucky with some of the people who picked up.

I disclosed some information but I do not want to disclose more, especially the peoples names and numbers, it was a Woman from Accounting and she was very helpful for me but I am not sure if she is the right person to call.

I was able to find out what company was shipping my Bronco because she was able to tell me.

I also lied and pretended to be my dealership instead of being an individual.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope it's as easy as all that and I'm in the same boat....but I've learned what happens when you hope
Sponsored