jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are three dealers near me that are charging $20,000 over msrp.
Lake Geneva Ford in Lake Geneva WI.
Kunes Ford in Delavan, WI.
Buss Ford in Mchenry, Illinois

At Buss Ford, I had called a week before and they told me they didn't upcharge. I drive down there and the one I was interested in was $45,000 on the sticker and when I went inside, they upped the price to 64,900.
Let it sit there and rust away.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s ADM by a different name.

Forced Financing with rates up to 6.99% from Lou Fusz Ford in Missouri.
- Will not accept Down-payments
- Must Finance full MSRP
- Take-It-or-Leave-It tactics

Outer_Banx11

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Herb Chambers Ford of Braintree Massachusetts hit me with a markup AFTER delivery had already happened. They so kindly "offered" me 62k for my OBX model with window sticker price of $49,445. The dealership's Bronco salesmen was the biggest joke - there was absolutely no negotiating, it was a take it or leave it tactic that they hit me with. Salesmen had a list of automated responses given to him from the GM. After an hour of arguing, the GM basically told me he wanted me to walk away because he knew some fool would pay 70K for this on the lot. I am sick and tired of this bait and trap that Ford allowed to happen with these orders. Put in a formal complaint with Ford Corporate... I doubt anything will come from this.

Ford should be explicit throughout this reservation process that pricing is handled with dealerships and should push signed documentation. To wait nearly 2 years to be blindsided is absolutely disgusting.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Herb Chambers Ford of Braintree Massachusetts hit me with a markup AFTER delivery had already happened. They so kindly "offered" me 62k for my OBX model with window sticker price of $49,445. The dealership's Bronco salesmen was the biggest joke - there was absolutely no negotiating, it was a take it or leave it tactic that they hit me with. Salesmen had a list of automated responses given to him from the GM. After an hour of arguing, the GM basically told me he wanted me to walk away because he knew some fool would pay 70K for this on the lot. I am sick and tired of this bait and trap that Ford allowed to happen with these orders. Put in a formal complaint with Ford Corporate... I doubt anything will come from this.

Ford should be explicit throughout this reservation process that pricing is handled with dealerships and should push signed documentation. To wait nearly 2 years to be blindsided is absolutely disgusting.
I can’t even begin to know your frustration. So wrong to wait like that only to be lied to. So sorry this happened.

earthgirl1964

Base
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Willys - have ordered a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What really is disheartening is that anyone who falls for the ploys of these dealerships, who ends up paying $20,000 over MSRP, when this crazy high car value bubble bursts, will not be able to trade it in because they will be so upside down and will owe so much more on a vehicle that won't be worth much money at all. Ford should not allow this.

Sponsored

scouter37

Base
First Name
Scout
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Base
So here is a new one that isn't as extreme as most but it comes from an unlikely dealer and one not on the list. I picked up my Base on 4/9 and had my signed sales agreement with the price in hand. They would not not honor it and would only work to the window sticker. The difference was only $1,250 but it seems pretty brazen to outright reject a signed agreement. I gave them 1 star and will follow-up with Corporate. No need to storm the gates on this one but wanted to give a heads-up to anyone looking to buy from this dealer. Maybe there is a better way to protect yourself than my method. Notarized contract perhaps?....
Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) Price Agreement

Moose7

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover NAS D90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have to leave the dealership name out of this, for now, but the dealer told my friend, "If you do not have a trade-in, we have to add $5k ADM.". ... He was surprised, to say the least. ... I told him to find a $900 motorcycle, and bring it in. It should be worth $5k in trade value, if coming in without adds $5k to the MSRP! LOL

Pakattack

Black Diamond
First Name
Peyten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What really is disheartening is that anyone who falls for the ploys of these dealerships, who ends up paying $20,000 over MSRP, when this crazy high car value bubble bursts, will not be able to trade it in because they will be so upside down and will owe so much more on a vehicle that won't be worth much money at all. Ford should not allow this.
Which Ford Bronco at Buss ford were you interested in purchasing? or did you reserve and order it then it got delivered and they added $20,000 to it?

freezey00

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Covert Ford in Austin TX - asking for 30k over sticker + Tax.

insane!

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

FastAK

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Livermore Ford, tried to add a 5k ADM but lucky I had an email stating no ADM. sounds like if you don’t have that in writing they are tacking on 5k. Also $800 for some door protection! This is a “policy” they install on every vehicle. I mentioned price protection and it’s something they have never heard of. I called ford and got the dealer a certificate number. All said I got MSRP but be ready for a battle here.
i had to pay 5k over, it was agreed on before my order,

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, I’d have to say that Sayville Ford (Long Island, NY) has to get an ‘Honeable Mention’ on this forum. The finance guy said they’d adopted a policy that they intend to markup any Broncos - even orders - $5k. I absolutely refused that and they did honor MSRP pricing as a ‘courtesy’ because my nephew works in Service there, in lieu of any ‘Friends and Family’ discount. There was a LONG PAUSE when he said, “Well, you can choose to walk away from the deal if you want”. What a joke. To his credit, though, he tried to beat my Credit Union financing by dropping his rate over one point.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Along with this website and all of you these guys have also taught me a lot about the dance we do while buying cars. We’ve all seen the same shenanigans in the first part of this video to build up the dealers profit.
Thanks for sharing this, just listened to the video and gave some great pointers.

ayacht

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Expedition, F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Add watertown Ford in Waltham MA to your list of bad dealers. Selling every vehicle for 5k or more over MSRP and plenty rude about it. 2 other dealers in Acton and Townsend MA are not doing that and being honorable. Ford needs to pull these bad dealers cars. Thin the herd now.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may be wrong but I believe this list is supposed to be for dealers that are adding surprise ADM to peoples orders, not to someone calling around or walking in off the street. If you've pre ordered and have a purchase agreement and then the dealer adds ADM they should be added to this list. If you never pre ordered and never got a purchase agreement, given the current market I would expect the dealer to sell that vehicle for over MSPR. That's not a surprise or change to an agreement. That's how capitalism works.
The more dealers that are added to this list that didn't add "surprise" ADM, the less usable this list becomes. Currently, nearly every dealing in the country is selling certain vehicles over MSRP so this list would become just a list of nearly all the dealers.
Just my two (perhaps worthless) cents.
Sponsored