Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think we should add Downtown Ford of Sacramento to the List. I don't have definitive proof yet but they have had 4 Bronco for sale this month from people backing out. For a small dealer to have every bronco that comes through the door available should throw red flags.
Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think we should add Downtown Ford of Sacramento to the List. I don't have definitive proof yet but they have had 4 Bronco for sale this month from people backing out. For a small dealer to have every bronco that comes through the door available should throw red flags.
It does happen. Fairly local dealer has had 6 Broncos delivered since release. Five of them, the buyers backed out. All MSRP deals. Four of them were bought by employees of the dealership - including the Service Manager -which is ironic - since he's still waiting on his original reservation / order.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It does happen. Fairly local dealer has had 6 Broncos delivered since release. Five of them, the buyers backed out. All MSRP deals. Four of them were bought by employees of the dealership - including the Service Manager -which is ironic - since he's still waiting on his original reservation / order.
Posted today,
Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) Screenshot_20220602-205437

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi gang, I've been away for about a month and am catching up on the forum. Luckily I haven't seen a huge number of new surprise ADM dealers but I will refresh this list if needed today.

Sponsored
OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be wrong but I believe this list is supposed to be for dealers that are adding surprise ADM to peoples orders, not to someone calling around or walking in off the street. If you've pre ordered and have a purchase agreement and then the dealer adds ADM they should be added to this list. If you never pre ordered and never got a purchase agreement, given the current market I would expect the dealer to sell that vehicle for over MSPR. That's not a surprise or change to an agreement. That's how capitalism works.
The more dealers that are added to this list that didn't add "surprise" ADM, the less usable this list becomes. Currently, nearly every dealing in the country is selling certain vehicles over MSRP so this list would become just a list of nearly all the dealers.
Just my two (perhaps worthless) cents.
Correct, and important. This list is for a specific scam: telling people one sales price and charging them another, after they've waited months or years for their custom Bronco. This is such an egregious betrayal of trust and abuse of Ford's reservation model that I don't want to water down the list by including corner cases or dealerships that merely sell stock Broncos at ridiculous prices. Anyone who has bought anything in the last year knows prices are out of control and supply chains are wrecked.

It's not even for other practices which I regard as scammy, like the mandatory-accessory scam or the must-finance-with-us scam. A dealer being absent from this list doesn't mean they are pure as driven snow. I want to keep this reserved for the lowest of the low, the guys that blatantly and unambiguously lie right to your face about the price of your Bronco. If a dealership is on this list, that's what they've been accused of.

Quite frankly no one has the bandwidth to track and adjudicate every bad thing every dealership has ever done. It's a low-trust industry for a reason. Even at a "good" dealership, it's not wrong to anticipate some games when you show up for delivery.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, as always. The story sounds a bit weird to me. Not saying that it isn't legit, but I have to understand exactly what happened here. Going to look into it some more.

One thing to be aware of is that some dealerships list Broncos "for sale" even when the Bronco is being delivered to someone who ordered it. Everything that goes through their dealership is listed "for sale" on the socials. It's just to drive attention and traffic. Customers who inquire are given a song-and-dance about how the Bronco was already sold, but can I interest you in a Bronco Sport?

shonivey

Badlands
First Name
shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco , 1972 Bronco, 74 project , 2020 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add Redwood (UKIAH) Ford in California. Would not convert the reservation to an order without an agreement of 3k over list. This was for the 21 model. I moved my reservation to another dealer.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add Redwood (UKIAH) Ford in California. Would not convert the reservation to an order without an agreement of 3k over list. This was for the 21 model. I moved my reservation to another dealer.
I don't think that falls within the scope of this thread. The dealer told you about markup in advance of your order so you were able to move it. That is far more honest than the dealers listed on this thread who only revealed markup when the built vehicle arrived at the dealership.

shonivey

Badlands
First Name
shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco , 1972 Bronco, 74 project , 2020 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think that falls within the scope of this thread. The dealer told you about markup in advance of your order so you were able to move it. That is far more honest than the dealers listed on this thread who only revealed markup when the built vehicle arrived at the dealership.
understood.

Sponsored

carmantakes

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey everyone! 7k mark up hit by Autonation Ford Corpus Christi after promised many times no mark up. 2k in “Ford manufacturing” mark-up. And 5k in general.

FormerJeepJunkie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey everyone! 7k mark up hit by Autonation Ford Corpus Christi after promised many times no mark up. 2k in “Ford manufacturing” mark-up. And 5k in general.
To clarify- they did this after you ordered? I only ask because another autonation promised the same to me.

carmantakes

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
To clarify- they did this after you ordered? I only ask because another autonation promised the same to me.
Yes, after. This is from a friend on Facebook. She ended up paying the 7k just because she couldn’t talk them out of it and wanted the car already.

XTR2Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Woodbridge Ford in NJ. (n)(n)(n)

Hi All. Please add me to the list of suprise ADM. Although after reading here I should not have been surprised with Woodbridge Ford NJ.

Day 1 pre order and after a long and patient wait they would not honor a signed and printed agreement from 3 months ago for MSRP. $12k surprise ADM lowered to $7500. Dealer was rude and showed no remorse. Did not follow through and walked. Before I left the lot they were already showing “my” Bronco to someone else.

Signed up today to make sure I continue spreading the word about this terrible experience that so many have with Woodbridge Ford NJ.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs