First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Niner Air 9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, I’d have to say that Sayville Ford (Long Island, NY) has to get an ‘Honeable Mention’ on this forum. The finance guy said they’d adopted a policy that they intend to markup any Broncos - even orders - $5k. I absolutely refused that and they did honor MSRP pricing as a ‘courtesy’ because my nephew works in Service there, in lieu of any ‘Friends and Family’ discount. There was a LONG PAUSE when he said, “Well, you can choose to walk away from the deal if you want”. What a joke. To his credit, though, he tried to beat my Credit Union financing by dropping his rate over one point.
Really when was your reservation from? I'm a first week res with them with a delivery date in July. This has me somewhat concerned. I ordered with them because I took had family that worked there - my uncle was the service director though he left recently for another dealership. This has me nervous.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really when was your reservation from? I'm a first week res with them with a delivery date in July. This has me somewhat concerned. I ordered with them because I took had family that worked there - my uncle was the service director though he left recently for another dealership. This has me nervous.
July 14. Hard to believe they are still filling orders from then, while 22’s are everywhere. Best of luck.

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks, as always. The story sounds a bit weird to me. Not saying that it isn't legit, but I have to understand exactly what happened here. Going to look into it some more.

One thing to be aware of is that some dealerships list Broncos "for sale" even when the Bronco is being delivered to someone who ordered it. Everything that goes through their dealership is listed "for sale" on the socials. It's just to drive attention and traffic. Customers who inquire are given a song-and-dance about how the Bronco was already sold, but can I interest you in a Bronco Sport?

To which I have replied to a few after they launch into their schpeil " well the SPORT is JUST LIKE a Bronco, just a little smaller ...( ROFL - REALLY ) .... " Look, I used to work on Subarus... and if I wanted to buy something that looked like an old school Forrester, I'd be inquiring at Subaru, not at Ford " ........then CRICKETS ......... then me continuing " Stop the bait and switch bullshit. If I wanted a Sport I would have asked about one. Do you HAVE any FULL SIZED Broncos ? ... more pausing well you would need to order one " OK .. Thank you .. Goodbye .
#sickofthebull

Sponsored

mikkibtune

Wildtrak
First Name
Mikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition King Ranch, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The NY list is a little thin. This one happened last week. Nemer Ford- Queensbury NY. $20,000 markup on an ordered Bronco. Customers walked away. I was surprised not to see them on the Bad List here .

"Nemer Ford in Queensbury took my husbands #Bronco order 13 months ago. The car arrived yesterday and Michael Starks went over to start paperwork at which point they informed him they would sell at $20K (33%+) over MSRP. If you want a custom built bronco $20K over MSRP, and a dealer with this type of customer service, it's at Nemer. Can't guarantee they won't mark it up more based on your enthusiasm. #nemersucks We're now on the wait list again with a dealer that guarantees MSRP. #buyerbeware Watch out for a higher than market interest rate too. #dissapointedbutnotstupid #DontShopNemer Bronco Nation Ford Bronco 2021+ (NOT BRONCO SPORT) Bronco6G.com Bronco6x Bronco6G.com Ford Authority "

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Currie Motors Frankfort (Frankfort, IL)
  • This one is a bit atypical. Sales manager had employees obtain early reservations in their names that the dealership could later flip.
This stunt was pulled by my local ford dealer, Jarrett Ford of Charlotte County, Florida.

Second time was 2 weeks ago and I talk to a guy about giving him my info, for when or if they get any Bronco trainers in. I got bounced around a few guys. One salesman asked me if I even wanted his FE reservation.

Not impressed with anyone there so far, but it seems their service center is pretty good.

FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealership absolutely refused to honor the $1000 order incentive when I picked up the car. I provided a screenshot that I had taken of the offer from the time I ordered the car as well as the communication from the salesman that promised me the order incentive would be applied. I escalated to the internet sales director and the sales manager, who expressed that he would be happy to have me walk so they could sell the car to someone else the next day.

They also installed $2200 worth of "optional" dealer add-ons that I had confirmed would not be installed when I ordered the car and when they took delivery from the factory. Of course they refused to uninstall those or give any sort of good faith credit or discount.

This was at Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood in Los Angeles, CA. I am happy to drag their name through the dirt and steer as many people away from them as possible.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership absolutely refused to honor the $1000 order incentive when I picked up the car. I provided a screenshot that I had taken of the offer from the time I ordered the car as well as the communication from the salesman that promised me the order incentive would be applied. I escalated to the internet sales director and the sales manager, who expressed that he would be happy to have me walk so they could sell the car to someone else the next day.

They also installed $2200 worth of "optional" dealer add-ons that I had confirmed would not be installed when I ordered the car and when they took delivery from the factory. Of course they refused to uninstall those or give any sort of good faith credit or discount.

This was at Sunrise Ford of North Hollywood in Los Angeles, CA. I am happy to drag their name through the dirt and steer as many people away from them as possible.
That is pretty much the same as surprise ADM. Promised you a $1000 incentive and then wouldn't give it when the order arrived.

Sponsored

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base

I thought they were known as an msrp dealer. I have it with Fullerton Ford oc. If they treat me like that I still have a longo Toyota 4Runner order awaiting which is 100% msrp for sure..

FauxPaw

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought they were known as an msrp dealer. I have it with Fullerton Ford oc. If they treat me like that I still have a longo Toyota 4Runner order awaiting which is 100% msrp for sure..
They don't add ADM to custom orders from what I've seen, but they will absolutely add LoJack, 3M paint protection, VIN etching, and a garbage theft deterrent device they call "VTP" and refuse to uninstall them or offer a discount when you call them on it. *They also do indeed add ADM to dealer stock vehicles. Their dealer stock Bronco Sport Badlands they wanted to sell me had a $12000 markup in addition to their add-ons.

nielsens2001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add George Wall, Red Bank NJ to the list. At pick-up (4/13) no one (e.g. salesperson, GM or owner) had heard of the MY22.5 price protection program (38446) & not would look into this not call they’re regional lead. Did leave w a signed letter stating they would cut me a check if/when they receive. As time goes on, dealership stops all comms. Finally wrote to the entire mgmt team - get a response saying am not entitled because I would have needed to change an option post increase. REALLY… that’s there interpretation, so am out now $1,750 and again ceased all communication.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add George Wall, Red Bank NJ to the list. At pick-up (4/13) no one (e.g. salesperson, GM or owner) had heard of the MY22.5 price protection program (38446) & not would look into this not call they’re regional lead. Did leave w a signed letter stating they would cut me a check if/when they receive. As time goes on, dealership stops all comms. Finally wrote to the entire mgmt team - get a response saying am not entitled because I would have needed to change an option post increase. REALLY… that’s there interpretation, so am out now $1,750 and again ceased all communication.
Perhaps try contacting Ford customer service. The dealers are taking a risk if they give the MY22.5 price protection. Ford decides if the price protection applies and doesn't make that decision until a number of weeks after the purchase. Some dealers have been burned when they gave the discount in advance and Ford decided it didn't apply. Ford needs to set up a better process for this. It is ridiculous that you can't be confident of the final price, including price protection discounts, at the time of purchase.

nielsens2001

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps try contacting Ford customer service. The dealers are taking a risk if they give the MY22.5 price protection. Ford decides if the price protection applies and doesn't make that decision until a number of weeks after the purchase. Some dealers have been burned when they gave the discount in advance and Ford decided it didn't apply. Ford needs to set up a better process for this. It is ridiculous that you can't be confident of the final price, including price protection discounts, at the time of purchase.
Yes, I’ve reached out to Ford. Received a canned response that @Ford Motor Company cannot interfere in any dealership's policies and/or practices which includes sales. Therefore, we are unable to assist you in this particular matter, as it must be resolved between you and the dealership. We recommend that you contact the Sales Manager at the dealership directly to review your concerns.

price Protection is nothing more than a marketing ploy if dealers are not honoring and Ford won’t do anything about it.
Sponsored