First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I still don't get what the dealerships are trying to do? I get making money but my goodness have some compassion some of us have been waiting a long time to get a new vehicle. Then to have to walk into a dealership and be treated like "What ever" the best way is for people to stop paying over sticker price for anything. I remember the days of haggling over the price, now it's bend over and take it, I don't think so! Thanks for posting the bad guy dealerships and Happy New Year!

cscottp67

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F-250 / 20 f-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is crowd-sourced... please link me to the applicable sources and details, and if you see any discrepancies or have any recommendations let me know -- thanks! I know of a few more cases and will be updating the list in a few hours.

Westway Ford (Irving, TX) - AKA "Worstway Ford"
  • At delivery, @sadiki2527 was charged $24.5k over MSRP ($4k supposedly for tint and other dealer add-ons)
  • Customer was an early reservation
  • Customer apparently signed a form generated by Westway with MSRP.
  • Dealer has not budged yet.
Fremont Ford (Newark, CA)
  • At delivery, @94becerra was charged $15k over MSRP.
  • Dealership never agreed to pricing with customer, kept telling customer to wait for delivery before talking price.
  • Dealership agreed to "lower" price to $8k over MSRP, and @94becerra walked.
  • Attempted to charge @stratego $5k surprise ADM; he walked and they listed it for $30k over MSRP.
  • Informed @bman3000 in August that all Bronco orders would be $5k over MSRP. Fremont had been evasive about price until then.
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD)
  • At delivery, @Smeagolsaur was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Dealer had previously agreed to MSRP in March (when customer also put down a deposit).
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after online pressure from B6G.
Don's Ford (Utica, NY)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Jack1080 was charged $20K over MSRP -- they later agreed to lower this to $15k over MSRP "for being a good customer".
  • Dealer had earlier verbally committed to MSRP; had been providing vehicles to customer's company for 10 years.
  • Customer told them to ram the Bronco up their ass, and walked.
DCH Ford (Eatontown, NJ)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Sherminator was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Dealer had a customer-signed DORA with MSRP.
  • Situation snowballed badly, involving social media and Mike Levine, and the dealership ultimately refused to sell the MY21 Bronco to the customer.
  • Highly toxic situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction, but ultimately did not result in him acquiring his original Bronco. New order was placed for MSRP.
Billy Cain Ford (Cornelia, GA)
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, @Luv9rove was charged an extra $13k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
Hansel Ford (Santa Rosa, CA)
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, a deleted user was charged an extra $2.5k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
Haldeman Ford (Trenton, NJ)
  • When @HadEnough switched from a FE to a Badlands, Haldeman attempted to give the early FE reservation to someone else and generate a new, late reservation for the Badlands.
  • With the help of Ford corporate, the original reservation was converted to a new dealership, and Haldeman lost the FE reservation.
=================================

Is your dealer trying this with you? Go through the steps in this thread.

Is your reservation with a bad dealer? You may have a tough time getting it moved, so be prepared to place a brand new order at another dealer.

=================================

Let's be clear about the scenario this list is for:
  • Customer reserved/ordered Bronco and agreed with dealership on a price (in writing or verbally).
  • Sometime later, especially after scheduling or upon delivery, the dealership informed the customer that "additional dealer markup" is now being applied above the agreed-upon price.
A few special circumstances will also be included:
  1. Dealerships that "steal" a reservation (sell a reserved Bronco to a third party without the customer abandoning the order). Even if this is by accident, it's severe enough to make the list.
  2. Dealerships that applied new ADM to MY22 reservations when rolling over orders for MY21 (i.e. punishing the customer for having to wait longer).
  3. Dealerships that came under new ownership and "changed the deal".
  4. Customers who assumed the Bronco was selling for MSRP, but never actually came to any firm pricing agreement with the dealership, and were later surprised by ADM. This will be very clearly indicated, since some readers will not find the dealer to be entirely at fault in this scenario.
If a dealership later comes to an acceptable arrangement with the customer, that will be clearly noted, but the dealership will not be fully removed from the list. Also, dealerships will not be removed from this list as part of a deal. Customers have no power to directly modify this list and it can't be part of a negotiation.

Additionally, we aren't concerned with what constitutes a legally binding purchase agreement here. If a dealership lies or misleads the customer about ADM, that's enough to make the list.

Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation to avoid the dealer. You can read the details of each case and decide for yourself whether you want to risk a similar experience. The information here is only as good as what the customer provides us; you can read the linked threads and decide for yourself whether the information is accurate and complete.

What this list explicitly does not include:

• Dealerships that are selling marked-up Broncos from their lot (including mannequins) to new customers. Yes, even if it's $50k over sticker.
  • Dealerships that have been transparent with their reservation customers about above-MSRP pricing from the beginning.
  • Dealerships that surprise customers with dealer add-ons like VIN etching, nitrogen in the tires, etc. that they charge customers for. If you do not want these things, tell your dealership not to do them.
  • Dealerships that are rude, dumb, messed up the order, gave priority orders to their friends, or aggrieved customers in any other way. This list is specifically for dealerships using deceptive pricing tactics with Ford's reservation/ordering system.
Hey OP don’t forget about one of the original ones Grand Prairie Ford in Grand Prairie Texas added 15,000 to MSRP and the young lady didn’t qualify after the 15,000 markup.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/here-starts-the-dealer-games.20168/

Last edited:

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice compilation. Makes me so angry reading it though… waiting months or more just to get screwed at the end. Not right.

@Ford Motor Company wont respond to this thread, because they ultimately support what the dealerships do here.

Also, kudos to the @Administrator for the awesome “feature picture” for this post. I couldn’t think of a better “sleazy salesperson” than this. :ROFLMAO:

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good work, now to see if this gets the traction needed to get Ford to do the right thing. Case in point this same thing happened with Dodge with the Challengers some years back and after it got the attention of Dodge they pulled Hellcat allocations if Dealers tried to screw over there customers and the brand.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may want to rethink the dealer installed accessories.
The accessories thing is definitely a scam, but falls into the realm of crappy things that dealers do with all models of car/truck. Unfortunately the list would get rather lengthy if I included every bad dealership practice. I want to focus on the reservation rug-pull.

Now, if a dealer goes way beyond and throws a lift and new wheels on without asking, that might be a special case.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

someone give the OP a slice of pineapple pizza. Bravo!

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

phocion

Here's one that I know of, that is not yet on your list…

Loganville Ford, in LoganVille, Georgia. Ultimately, under pressure from our community, they finally caved in and sold @MonroeBronco his Bronco as originally agreed.​
I looked at that one when making the list, and I think they were actually charging for unwanted accessories (tint, etc.), not adding pure markup. A sleazy and dishonest practice no doubt, but not really ADM. Willing to change my mind on it if someone points me to more info.

Sponsored
OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Add Woodbridge Ford, Colonia NJ to the list. Originally Bell Ford where I had been doing business on and off for 35+ yrs. When Bell Ford changed to Woodbridge Ford they quietly returned the deposits of all order holders. Once they did that they revoked all contracts. Tried to charge 15k ADM on a 30K base model. @broncusmaximus and @Kamikazi_bronco suffered the same fate. Not sure how many others. As a side note Woodbridge took the liberty of ordering another 2dr bronco in my name with my reservation #.
Bob..I don't know if you are still interested..But I dealt with All American Ford in Old Bridge...They kept their word on my sale..and I was buying on the A/Z plan,and they honored the plan price...just throwing this out there if you're still buying..

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add Woodbridge Ford, Colonia NJ to the list. Originally Bell Ford where I had been doing business on and off for 35+ yrs. When Bell Ford changed to Woodbridge Ford they quietly returned the deposits of all order holders. Once they did that they revoked all contracts. Tried to charge 15k ADM on a 30K base model. @broncusmaximus and @Kamikazi_bronco suffered the same fate. Not sure how many others. As a side note Woodbridge took the liberty of ordering another 2dr bronco in my name with my reservation #.
Thanks, I'll check it out. New Jersey seems like a hot spot for bad dealers.
Sponsored