Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to service my bronco at their other Ford dealer in Falls Church and saw at least 10+ broncos sitting in their lot setup like they were for sale.
I know the mid-Atlantic area has a lot of Koons dealerships. Just want to state that I'm not calling them all out – I don't know the exact relationship between them all and what is set by ownership vs. the GM/sales team of the one in Annapolis.

When I searched the forum I found customers who had positive experiences at Koons dealerships other than the Annapolis one. This is why I list dealership location.
Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is crowd-sourced... please link me to the applicable sources and details, and if you see any discrepancies or have any recommendations let me know -- thanks!

California
Fremont Ford (Newark)​
Hansel Ford (Santa Rosa)​
Georgia
Billy Cain Ford (Cornelia)​
Illinois
Al Piedmonte Ford (Melrose Park)​
Maryland
Koons Ford (Annapolis)​
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton)​
New Jersey
DCH Ford (Eatonville)​
Haldeman Ford (Trenton)​
Woodbridge Ford (Woodbridge)​
New York
Don's Ford (Utica)​
Pennsylvania
Moon Township Ford (Moon)​
Texas
Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway (Houston)​
Grand Prairie Ford (Grand Prairie)​
Westway Ford (Irving)​

Westway Ford (Irving, TX) - AKA "Worstway Ford"
  • At delivery, @sadiki2527 was charged $24.5k over MSRP ($4k supposedly for tint and other dealer add-ons)
  • Customer was an early reservation
  • Customer apparently signed a form generated by Westway with MSRP.
  • Dealer has not budged yet.
Fremont Ford (Newark, CA)
  • At delivery, @94becerra was charged $15k over MSRP.
  • Dealership never agreed to pricing with customer, kept telling customer to wait for delivery before talking price.
  • Dealership agreed to "lower" price to $8k over MSRP, and @94becerra walked.
  • Attempted to charge @stratego $5k surprise ADM; he walked and they listed it for $30k over MSRP.
  • Informed @bman3000 in August that all Bronco orders would be $5k over MSRP. Fremont had been evasive about price until then.
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD)
  • At delivery, @Smeagolsaur was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Dealer had previously agreed to MSRP in March (when customer also put down a deposit).
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after online pressure from B6G.
  • Same dealer: At delivery, @Dan303 was charged $3k "market demand" fee over previous agreement, and engaged in other fee and financing shenanigans.
Don's Ford (Utica, NY)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Jack1080 was charged $20K over MSRP -- they later agreed to lower this to $15k over MSRP "for being a good customer".
  • Dealer had earlier verbally committed to MSRP; had been providing vehicles to customer's company for 10 years.
  • Customer told them to ram the Bronco up their ass, and walked.
DCH Ford (Eatontown, NJ)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Sherminator was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Dealer had a customer-signed DORA with MSRP.
  • Situation snowballed badly, involving social media and Mike Levine, and the dealership ultimately refused to sell the MY21 Bronco to the customer.
  • Highly toxic situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction, but ultimately did not result in him acquiring his original Bronco. New order was placed for MSRP.
Billy Cain Ford (Cornelia, GA)
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, @Luv9rove was charged an extra $13k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
Hansel Ford (Santa Rosa, CA)
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, a deleted user was charged an extra $2.5k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
Haldeman Ford (Trenton, NJ)
  • When @HadEnough switched from a FE to a Badlands, Haldeman attempted to give the early FE reservation to someone else and generate a new, late reservation for the Badlands.
  • With the help of Ford corporate, the original reservation was converted to a new dealership, and Haldeman lost the FE reservation.
Al Piemonte Ford (Melrose Park, IL)
  • At delivery, @ChiPlJam10 was charged $20k over MSRP, later lowered to $10k.
  • Customer did not have a negotiated price with the dealership.
Koons Ford (Annapolis, MD)
  • At delivery, @MRuby was charged $20k over MSRP, later lowered to $7.5k.
Woodbridge Ford (Woodbridge, NJ)
  • Formerly Bell Ford, this dealership came under new ownership, refunded order deposits, and used this as an excuse to ignore previous price negotiations.
  • While in production, informed @Kamikazi_bronco that his Bronco would be $15k+ over MSRP, and that the final price would not be discussed until delivery.
  • Informed @broncusmaximus that the written, negotiated MSRP pricing would be voided and "100% guaranteed you'll pay over MSRP".
  • At delivery, informed @Bob 07064 that his Bronco would be $14k over MSRP. Customer walked.
  • Complaints to Ford corporate were not fruitful.
Grand Prairie Ford (Grand Prairie, TX)
  • At delivery, a Facebook user was charged $21k over MSRP.
  • Dealership was apparently using reserved Bronco to provide test drives to other customers.
  • Not clear if she had a previously negotiated price with the dealership.
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after the customer's posts went viral.
Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway (Houston, TX)
  • At delivery, @BRBlue was charged MSRP instead of previously negotiated, in-writing X-plan pricing.
  • Dealership did sell at X-plan to @TXAG96 but griped about it incessantly and added $548 of unwanted accessories.
Moon Township Ford (Moon, PA)
  • Shortly before delivery, a YouTuber who had previously worked at the dealership for 19 years was charged an extra $10k over MSRP.
  • Not clear if they had a previously negotiated price with the dealership.
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction ($5k over MSRP) after the customer's posts went viral.
=================================

Is your dealer trying this with you? Go through the steps in this thread.

Is your reservation with a bad dealer? You may have a tough time getting it moved, so be prepared to place a brand new order at another dealer.

Let's be clear about the scenario this list is for:
  • Customer reserved/ordered Bronco and agreed with dealership on a price (in writing or verbally).
  • Sometime later, especially after scheduling or upon delivery, the dealership informed the customer that "additional dealer markup" is now being applied above the agreed-upon price.
A few special circumstances will also be included:
  1. Dealerships that "steal" a reservation (sell a reserved Bronco to a third party without the customer abandoning the order). Even if this is by accident, it's severe enough to make the list.
  2. Dealerships that applied new ADM to MY22 reservations when rolling over orders for MY21 (i.e. punishing the customer for having to wait longer).
  3. Dealerships that came under new ownership and "changed the deal".
  4. Customers who assumed the Bronco was selling for MSRP, but never actually came to any firm pricing agreement with the dealership, and were later surprised by ADM. This will be very clearly indicated, since some readers will not find the dealer to be entirely at fault in this scenario.
If a dealership later comes to an acceptable arrangement with the customer, that will be clearly noted, but the dealership will not be fully removed from the list. Also, dealerships will not be removed from this list as part of a deal. Customers have no power to directly modify this list and it can't be part of a negotiation.

Additionally, we aren't concerned with what constitutes a legally binding purchase agreement here. If a dealership lies or misleads the customer about ADM, that's enough to make the list.

Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation to avoid the dealer. You can read the details of each case and decide for yourself whether you want to risk a similar experience. The information here is only as good as what the customer provides us; you can read the linked threads and decide for yourself whether the information is accurate and complete.

What this list explicitly does not include:

• Dealerships that are selling marked-up Broncos from their lot (including mannequins) to new customers. Yes, even if it's $50k over sticker.
  • Dealerships that have been transparent with their reservation customers about above-MSRP pricing from the beginning.
  • Dealerships that surprise customers with dealer add-ons like VIN etching, nitrogen in the tires, etc. that they charge customers for. If you do not want these things, tell your dealership not to do them.
  • Dealerships that are rude, dumb, messed up the order, gave priority orders to their friends, or aggrieved customers in any other way. This list is specifically for dealerships using deceptive pricing tactics with Ford's reservation/ordering system.
Epic effort on befalf of all those losing sleep over this part of receiving your Bronco. I think the clarifications and summary of the list are perfectly stated.
i hope that this grows legs and is considered at the highest levels @Ford Motor Company.
I also hope that it’s vetted, maintained for the good and bad equally, and kept clean.
thanks OP.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also hope that it’s vetted, maintained for the good and bad equally, and kept clean.
That's my intention, at least until all the reservations are fulfilled.

I will also note when users report positive experiences at the listed dealerships, so readers can determine for themselves if perhaps something was fishy about the original report.

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Someone should design an award certificate for each of these dealers and email it to the GM of each one (including a link to this Hall of Shame thread). Maybe also offer an incentive for getting off the list.....proof that all MY22 Bronco's are sold at MSRP or less.

Sponsored

Ledbetter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is crowd-sourced... please link me to the applicable sources and details, and if you see any discrepancies or have any recommendations let me know -- thanks!

California
Fremont Ford (Newark)​
Georgia
Illinois
Maryland
Koons Ford (Annapolis)​
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton)​
New Jersey
DCH Ford (Eatonville)​
Haldeman Ford (Trenton)​
New York
Don's Ford (Utica)​
Pennsylvania
Texas
Westway Ford (Irving)​

• At delivery, @sadiki2527 was charged $24.5k over MSRP ($4k supposedly for tint and other dealer add-ons)
  • Dealership never agreed to pricing with customer, kept telling customer to wait for delivery before talking price.
  • Attempted to charge @stratego $5k surprise ADM; he walked and they listed it for $30k over MSRP.
  • Informed @bman3000 in August that all Bronco orders would be $5k over MSRP. Fremont had been evasive about price until then.
  • Dealer had previously agreed to MSRP in March (when customer also put down a deposit).
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after online pressure from B6G.
  • Same dealer: At delivery, @Dan303 was charged $3k "market demand" fee over previous agreement, and engaged in other fee and financing shenanigans.
Don's Ford (Utica, NY)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Jack1080 was charged $20K over MSRP -- they later agreed to lower this to $15k over MSRP "for being a good customer".
  • Dealer had earlier verbally committed to MSRP; had been providing vehicles to customer's company for 10 years.
DCH Ford (Eatontown, NJ)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Sherminator was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Situation snowballed badly, involving social media and Mike Levine, and the dealership ultimately refused to sell the MY21 Bronco to the customer.
  • Highly toxic situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction, but ultimately did not result in him acquiring his original Bronco. New order was placed for MSRP.
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, @Luv9rove was charged an extra $13k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, a deleted user was charged an extra $2.5k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
  • When @HadEnough switched from a FE to a Badlands, Haldeman attempted to give the early FE reservation to someone else and generate a new, late reservation for the Badlands.
  • With the help of Ford corporate, the original reservation was converted to a new dealership, and Haldeman lost the FE reservation.
  • Formerly Bell Ford, this dealership came under new ownership, refunded order deposits, and used this as an excuse to ignore previous price negotiations.
  • While in production, informed @Kamikazi_bronco that his Bronco would be $15k+ over MSRP, and that the final price would not be discussed until delivery.
  • Informed @broncusmaximus that the written, negotiated MSRP pricing would be voided and "100% guaranteed you'll pay over MSRP".
  • At delivery, informed @Bob 07064 that his Bronco would be $14k over MSRP. Customer walked.
  • Dealership was apparently using reserved Bronco to provide test drives to other customers.
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after the customer's posts went viral.
  • At delivery, @BRBlue was charged MSRP instead of previously negotiated, in-writing X-plan pricing.
  • Dealership did sell at X-plan to @TXAG96 but griped about it incessantly and added $548 of unwanted accessories.
  • Shortly before delivery, a YouTuber who had previously worked at the dealership for 19 years was charged an extra $10k over MSRP.
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction ($5k over MSRP) after the customer's posts went viral.

Is your reservation with a bad dealer? You may have a tough time getting it moved, so be prepared to place a brand new order at another dealer.

• Customer reserved/ordered Bronco and agreed with dealership on a price (in writing or verbally).
  • Sometime later, especially after scheduling or upon delivery, the dealership informed the customer that "additional dealer markup" is now being applied above the agreed-upon price.
  1. Dealerships that "steal" a reservation (sell a reserved Bronco to a third party without the customer abandoning the order). Even if this is by accident, it's severe enough to make the list.
  2. Dealerships that applied new ADM to MY22 reservations when rolling over orders for MY21 (i.e. punishing the customer for having to wait longer).
  4. Customers who assumed the Bronco was selling for MSRP, but never actually came to any firm pricing agreement with the dealership, and were later surprised by ADM. This will be very clearly indicated, since some readers will not find the dealer to be entirely at fault in this scenario.
If a dealership later comes to an acceptable arrangement with the customer, that will be clearly noted, but the dealership will not be fully removed from the list. Also, dealerships will not be removed from this list as part of a deal. Customers have no power to directly modify this list and it can't be part of a negotiation.

Additionally, we aren't concerned with what constitutes a legally binding purchase agreement here. If a dealership lies or misleads the customer about ADM, that's enough to make the list.

Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation to avoid the dealer. You can read the details of each case and decide for yourself whether you want to risk a similar experience. The information here is only as good as what the customer provides us; you can read the linked threads and decide for yourself whether the information is accurate and complete.

• Dealerships that are selling marked-up Broncos from their lot (including mannequins) to new customers. Yes, even if it's $50k over sticker.
  • Dealerships that have been transparent with their reservation customers about above-MSRP pricing from the beginning.
  • Dealerships that surprise customers with dealer add-ons like VIN etching, nitrogen in the tires, etc. that they charge customers for. If you do not want these things, tell your dealership not to do them.
  • Dealerships that are rude, dumb, messed up the order, gave priority orders to their friends, or aggrieved customers in any other way. This list is specifically for dealerships using deceptive pricing tactics with Ford's reservation/ordering system.
Please add Napleton Ford, Libertyville, Illinois to the list, link below:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ord-libertyville-illinois-added-5k-adm.32037/

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bob..I don't know if you are still interested..But I dealt with All American Ford in Old Bridge...They kept their word on my sale..and I was buying on the A/Z plan,and they honored the plan price...just throwing this out there if you're still buying..
In the same boat as @Bob 07064.. I tried to reach out to all American... While the sales lady was nice to me on the phone.. She was supposed to call me back when the order bank opened for 22 and never did. I have a new order placed at liccardi Ford with sales agreement and all.

Paloaltoicu

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

California
Fremont Ford (Newark)​
Georgia
Illinois
Napleton Ford (Libertyville)​
Maryland
Koons Ford (Annapolis)​
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton)​
New Jersey
DCH Ford (Eatonville)​
Haldeman Ford (Trenton)​
New York
Don's Ford (Utica)​
Pennsylvania
Texas
Westway Ford (Irving)​

Don's Ford (Utica, NY)
DCH Ford (Eatontown, NJ)
  • Customer walked.
  • Customer walked.
Napleton Ford (Libertyville, IL)
  • At delivery, @amccue90 was charged $5k over MSRP after the dealership made a firm agreement in writing to X-plan pricing.
  • Customer ultimately paid $2.5k over MSRP.
  • Shortly after scheduling, @Ledbetter was charged $5k over MSRP. Only previous discussion of price appears to have been the order previews (listing MSRP) and failed attempts by the customer to get the dealership to produce a formal purchase agreement.

Sunyvale Ford.
650 E El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087

California
Fremont Ford (Newark)​
Georgia
Illinois
Napleton Ford (Libertyville)​
Maryland
Koons Ford (Annapolis)​
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton)​
New Jersey
DCH Ford (Eatonville)​
Haldeman Ford (Trenton)​
New York
Don's Ford (Utica)​
Pennsylvania
Texas
Westway Ford (Irving)​

Don's Ford (Utica, NY)
DCH Ford (Eatontown, NJ)
  • Customer walked.
  • Customer walked.
Napleton Ford (Libertyville, IL)
  • At delivery, @amccue90 was charged $5k over MSRP after the dealership made a firm agreement in writing to X-plan pricing.
  • Customer ultimately paid $2.5k over MSRP.
  • Shortly after scheduling, @Ledbetter was charged $5k over MSRP. Only previous discussion of price appears to have been the order previews (listing MSRP) and failed attempts by the customer to get the dealership to produce a formal purchase agreement.

Sunnyvale Ford. Add this to the list : 650 E El Camino Real, Sunnyvale, CA 94087

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sunyvale Ford.
Can you give some detail on what happened? Did they go back on an agreed-upon price, or was price not mentioned at all until delivery?

People are having mixed experiences with Sunnyvale.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You may want to rethink the dealer installed accessories. I was told MSRP and switched to them, then after calling in to check up on things they said there was mandatory installed dealer accessories required to be added and I pay way over the value for if they were going to sell it to me. It's a way for dealers to charge over MSRP without getting in trouble with Ford or any other outlet. People just say "tell them not to add those things". Problem is, they won't sell it to you without it.
My bronco hasn’t been delivered yet, but I have already taken care of the financing. The salesman told me that they automatically add certain items to all new vehicles in their inventory. Things like paint protection and undercoating…I didn’t listen to the list before rejecting all of it. They sold it to me at msrp. I had an x-plan pin that they said they would honor back last February when I placed the order (not the reservation), but they didn’t. I know broncos are excluded in the x-plan, so I didn’t really expect them to honor it. They said that they get money back from Ford for A-Z plans, but not X.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining about my dealership, they were fair with me, but my point is that if I hadn’t gone in to secure financing before delivery, I would have probably been stuck paying for crap that I never asked for. I know that a lot of people wouldn’t feel comfortable purchasing a vehicle sight unseen, I only did so I could use the tax write off for 2021, but I would recommend at least speaking to your dealer before delivery and telling them that you won’t agree to any dealer add ons. I know of at least three other bronco buyers who were charged over msrp at The same dealer. They basically said that it wasn’t really a dealer markup, they were charging for these add ons (as if paint protection costs 5-10k).

I know that they don’t make a ton selling for msrp. They make more selling extended warranties and service plans. Sell that shit if you want to make more money, don’t just jack someone because there’s someone who will pay more for the vehicle that they hand picked.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RedolentSurge

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My bronco hasn’t been delivered yet, but I have already taken care of the financing. The salesman told me that they automatically add certain items to all new vehicles in their inventory. Things like paint protection and undercoating…I didn’t listen to the list before rejecting all of it. They sold it to me at msrp. I had an x-plan pin that they said they would honor back last February when I placed the order (not the reservation), but they didn’t. I know broncos are excluded in the x-plan, so I didn’t really expect them to honor it. They said that they get money back from Ford for A-Z plans, but not X.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining about my dealership, they were fair with me, but my point is that if I hadn’t gone in to secure financing before delivery, I would have probably been stuck paying for crap that I never asked for. I know that a lot of people wouldn’t feel comfortable purchasing a vehicle sight unseen, I only did so I could use the tax write off for 2021, but I would recommend at least speaking to your dealer before delivery and telling them that you won’t agree to any dealer add ons. I know of at least three other bronco buyers who were charged over msrp at The same dealer. They basically said that it wasn’t really a dealer markup, they were charging for these add ons (as if paint protection costs 5-10k).

I know that they don’t make a ton selling for msrp. They make more selling extended warranties and service plans. Sell that shit if you want to make more money, don’t just jack someone because there’s someone who will pay more for the vehicle that they hand picked.
A question for you. I have never ordered a car from the factory. We have a countersigned PA, listing the sale price as MSRP. Do I need to be concerned about the dealer adding on undercoat sealant or some nonsense protective add-on before delivery?

Thank you.

Paloaltoicu

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you give some detail on what happened? Did they go back on an agreed-upon price, or was price not mentioned at all until delivery?

People are having mixed experiences with Sunnyvale.
I went to the dealership couple of times before my Bronco arrived. first was when they had a similar Bronco than mine except the smaller 2.3 engine. second was when they offer me to test drive. both occasions, the salesman said that I will be paying MSRP on mine because it is not allowed to markup when you are reservation holder… when my Bronco arrived they mark it up ….

bunionspring

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma SR5, Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Perhaps already mentioned but, can this list of naughty dealers be posted on other Ford Owners forums? Have to believe these dealers are planning/pulling the same shenanigans with Ford customers placing reservations for Maverick, Lightning, Mach E, too. Why would any sane, in-the-know consumer allow their reservation to ship their vehicles to any of these dealers?
Sponsored