Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A question for you. I have never ordered a car from the factory. We have a countersigned PA, listing the sale price as MSRP. Do I need to be concerned about the dealer adding on undercoat sealant or some nonsense protective add-on before delivery?

Thank you.
I would talk to your dealer beforehand just to make sure that they know you’re not paying for any add ons. I’m sure it’s a fight you could win, but better to avoid the hassle of going through it.
Sponsored

Ralphramst

Badlands
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon, F150 Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add Carlsbad Ford in Carlsbad NM.
could never get them to commit on price before delivery. When I went to pick it up there was a $10k ADM sticker in the window.
Explained I was not at all happy with them. Never yelled but fairly sure I was red in the face. ( my boys say I have an idiot light😂) Also threatened them with the 6G bros forum. Encouraged them to read a few of the threads on unscrupulous dealers.
End result was they added some money to my trade in and lowered the ADM to $5k.
4 hours of my life I will never get back but I love my new Bronco. FOMOCO PLEASE GET YOUR DEALERS TO ACT LIKE CUSTOMERS MATTER!!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Copied your post here, time for people to post reviews at the king of shame dealer, $56K, 100% ADM. :oops:
Just went to pickup my FE edition today. Superior Ford in Plymouth, MN. They wanted $56K over MSRP. ($118K total). Feel totally screwed waiting a year and a half.

Last edited:

Sponsored

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After reading this thread and many others, what exactly should I try to get from my dealer prior to taking delivery to ensure they don't add an up-charge to MSRP?

I have in writing, via an email from the sales manager at the dealer I am working with, that there will not be any additional cost to what is stated in the build sheet except the MSRP, plus tax, title, license and doc fee which are minimal in cost relatively speaking. I've heard of terms in various threads such as "sales invoice", "sales contract", etc.

Ultimately what I am asking is does the email and build sheet with costs I have suffice or do I need to get more documentation to secure my price? Also, the dealer I am working with is NOT in the list shown in this thread. Thanks much all

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for posting. This is pretty disgusting!!!

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should add Superior Ford in Plymouth MN. They added a surprise $56k markup.

Thread here.

Sandman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does this even matter? I think there are enough dealers willing to charge @ or below MSRP. This shouldn’t be allowed on the forum just because a few people got “butt hurt” during the ordering process. It’s simple, reorder with a dealer that’s willing to charge @ or below MSRP.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does this even matter? I think there are enough dealers willing to charge @ or below MSRP. This shouldn’t be allowed on the forum just because a few people got “butt hurt” during the ordering process. It’s simple, reorder with a dealer that’s willing to charge @ or below MSRP.
Because we want to help forum members avoid horrible dealers that either went back on their word or purposely avoided pricing conversations until it was too late.

Because not everyone at these dealers has a VIN, and could perhaps move their order before it is too late.

Because it’s not simple to reorder and wait another year or three.

Because we’re pissed.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it was a matter of ordering a vehicle, and getting it within a relatively short time, perhaps a few weeks at most, then you might be close to right.

But Bronco orders are taking months to fill, some well over a year, now.

Disclosing a markup over the expected price at the time an order or reservation is made is one thing; at that point, the buyer has the option to go to another dealer and see if he can get a better deal there.

But when the buyer has been waiting months, for his vehicle, before he is told about a sharp increase over the expected price, that's just rotten. Now, if the buyer doesn't decide to pay that markup, and walks away from that purchase, he has to make a whole new order at another dealership, get back in the back of the line, wait many more months, and risk having the same thing happen again.

If that's not outright illegal, it ought to be. In any event, any dealer that pulls that bullshit deserved all the bad publicity over it that we can generate. And the buyer deserved fully to get the vehicle he ordered, at the price he reasonably expected to pay for it as of the time he placed the order, without having to get back in line and wait another several months because the first dealer screwed him.

Last edited:

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I understand where you're coming from, but you don't have a clue where a lot of us are coming from

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What this list explicitly does not include:
  • Dealerships that surprise customers with dealer add-ons like VIN etching, nitrogen in the tires, etc. that they charge customers for. If you do not want these things, tell your dealership not to do them.
I would like to point out that this could easily be a way for dealers to commit what is effectively the same offense for which this thread is intended to call them out, and be judged as not having done so on a mere technicality.

We have seen at least a few cases of dealers piling on extras that the customer didn't want, charging prices for these extras far above what the customer would likely have been able to buy them for from any other source, and in this way, jacking the total cost to the buyer up by thousands of dollars. Especially in the case of blatantly useless extras, such as nitrogen in the tires, and in any event, where the prices charged for these extras are far above anything that resembles any kind of fair market value for them, I'm having a difficult time seeing a clear ethical distinction between this practice and simply adding a markup to the price.
Sponsored