Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Throw all the Mullinax Ford Florida dealerships in this bucket as well.

Screenshot_20220104-064844_Messages.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prestige Ford of Mt. Dora, Florida. They have a whopping four Broncos.
Folsom Lake Ford in Folsom CA, said 10K markup for Base models going forward and 20-30K for higher end models.
Throw all the Mullinax Ford Florida dealerships in this bucket as well.
None of these dealerships seem to be engaging in the practice this thread is cataloging. See the OP.

What this list explicitly does not include:
  • Dealerships that are selling marked-up Broncos from their lot (including mannequins) to new customers. Yes, even if it's $50k over sticker.
  • Dealerships that have been transparent with their reservation customers about above-MSRP pricing from the beginning.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TL;DR placed an order and paid deposit in march, dealer got sold, salesman assured me of my price, truck delivered, 5k adm, new salesman didn't help, sales manager caved, finance tried to play games.
Chino Hills Ford 100% needs to be on the list of "dirty" dealers.
Koons Woodbridge and Chino Hills will be added to the list later today. The classic "oh, the ownership changed, so the deal changed" two-step.

I'm glad that @coupon_ninja got her dealer to buckle under only mild pressure. The Chino Hills story is nuts, one of the worst on the list.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told the salesman that was not going to happen. I produced my earlier email, promising me that there would be no mark up. His reply is that, since the dealership had new owners, they were not beholden to the earlier deal made with me. He then (after "consulting" his manager) graciously offered to come down to ONLY $20k over MSRP.

I'm at my wit's end. They seem as if they aren't willing to budge. This new price puts the truck well outside my price range. I'm furious that I've waited a year and a half for this truck, that I built out to be exactly what I wanted, only to have it yanked out from under me at the last minute. I honestly don't know what to do at this point.

Chino Hills Ford 100% needs to be on the list of "dirty" dealers.
@Whiskey_06 I recommend you start a new thread about this experience. Also you should contact the Ford customer service line and Mike Levine -- in fact, best that do that before you unleash the social media hounds. 😂

It's one of the worst:
  • You have written communication from the dealership of MSRP.
  • They are jacking the price an absurdly high amount.
The dealership might have been sold to new ownership, but how is that your problem? If that's all it takes to change the deal, then none of us are "safe", no matter what documentation we have.

coupon_ninja

Badlands
First Name
Abby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 2D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Whiskey_06

After my experience with the Koons guy trying to “teach the little lady” about how they are not tied to Cowles promises, giving me an outlandish example of how if I ordered a tv at the beginning of the year and the company was bought out and now wants X amount more for said TV, I replied, “No. That’s not how that works! If I put my money down on a product at a set price, the price doesn’t magically change when its time to deliver. AGAIN, this buyout has nothing to do with me. You could have called me to say you were breaking the contract and refunded my money, and let me take my business elsewhere but NooOOOOOooooOoo … ***YOUUUUUU***** wanted the sale!!!! I have A BINDING CONTRACT sealed by MY MONEY that you have been sitting on FOR NINE MONTHS!!!! then you come in at the 11th hour with your palm up demanding a vig on something YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH.

It all boils down to, you buy a business, you buy all their debts and obligations. They made no attempt to sever that obligation, which I’m sure they were legally allowed to do, somewhere down in the fine print, but made no attempt to do so.

So idk how California consumer laws may work, but at least in this situation, of a new company reneging on the former company’s agreements, there has to be some precedent out there.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Surprised my local hasn't made the list yet. They tried to bone my neighbor for $20k adm even with agreed to pricing at the time of the order.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Koons Woodbridge and Chino Hills now on the list.

Chino Hills might be one of the worst places in the world to buy a Bronco. They are throwing bigtime ADM on every Bronco they have.

lil_mule_4x4

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please add to list as this has been my personal experience:

Cook Ford (Adel, GA)

01/21/21 - I placed my early reservation, choosing my local dealership because I live in a small town and still believe in supporting local businesses.

09/10/21 - Reservation-to-order conversion day at dealership, and I was informed of a nominal ADM set by the dealership, to which I easily agreed to. We all have to make money to stay in business. No signed order form by dealership as this was a local, small town handshake agreement (which used to mean something).

10/18/21 - MY'21 order gets converted to MY'22 order. Nothing changed (other than soft top change, etc), confirmed my price protection, and right before order submittal, I asked to confirm my previous ADM. It was at this point that I was told that not only would my original ADM no longer be honored, but that the new markup could only be determined at time of delivery and it was now subject to "market pricing." It was at this point that I requested that my "order" be coded as Priority Code 99 and I left my hometown stealership, NEVER to return again.

10/19/21 - Was informed that if the dealer had to commit to an ADM today that it would be an amount that was greater than 650% of what we originally agreed upon.

10/25/21 - I began calling Ford to request a dealership change for my order, which I have yet to hear back from Ford, after over 2 months and 6+ calls.

12/31/21 - New order placed at new dealership that I feel more at ease with and feel is not trying to deceive me with shady car salesman tactics. Unfortunately, I had to place a new order, effectively "losing my reservation timestamp as well as my original MY'21 price points" (unless Ford actually follows through with previous empty promises from a 3rd party customer service consulting firm).

As this is my first attempt at a new car purchase, I have lost all faith in the entire process. I paraphrase a previous post to this forum: I have never tried so hard to give a company $60,000 who refuses to provide either customer service or the product that I ordered ahead of time. Added to which, the level of price gouging that dealers are currently adding to early reservation Broncos is not only highly immoral, but also considered illegal and punishable by prosecution in most industries and states. Shady tactics like these would cause a combination of either suspension, fines, and/or possible forfeiture/revocation of licensing in my industry.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will add "Crook Ford" tomorrow morning. They suck!

Edit: Now added.

Last edited:

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I understand the situation with the Bronco's but dealers that want to treat customers this way are immoral and disgust me to death. They won't sign an agreement at reservation for MSRP, they will take you deposit, they will make you wait 18 months, then they $hit on you and legally you have no or very limited recourse. I am very happy you are starting to call them out because Ford certainly doesn't seem to care.

Sponsored

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Whiskey_06

After my experience with the Koons guy trying to “teach the little lady” about how they are not tied to Cowles promises, giving me an outlandish example of how if I ordered a tv at the beginning of the year and the company was bought out and now wants X amount more for said TV, I replied, “No. That’s not how that works! If I put my money down on a product at a set price, the price doesn’t magically change when its time to deliver. AGAIN, this buyout has nothing to do with me. You could have called me to say you were breaking the contract and refunded my money, and let me take my business elsewhere but NooOOOOOooooOoo … ***YOUUUUUU***** wanted the sale!!!! I have A BINDING CONTRACT sealed by MY MONEY that you have been sitting on FOR NINE MONTHS!!!! then you come in at the 11th hour with your palm up demanding a vig on something YOU HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH.

It all boils down to, you buy a business, you buy all their debts and obligations. They made no attempt to sever that obligation, which I’m sure they were legally allowed to do, somewhere down in the fine print, but made no attempt to do so.

So idk how California consumer laws may work, but at least in this situation, of a new company reneging on the former company’s agreements, there has to be some precedent out there.
it really comes down to small claims court and your desire to drag it out....the amounts are usually around the threshold for small claims but who has the time for that...... now if ya gots a friend whos a lawyer... that may work

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is crowd-sourced... please link me to the applicable sources and details, and if you see any discrepancies or have any recommendations let me know -- thanks!

California
Chino Hills Ford (Chino)​
Fremont Ford (Newark) - multiple time offender
Future Ford of Sacramento (Sacramento)​
Hansel Ford (Santa Rosa)​
Sunnyvale Ford (Sunnyvale)​
Georgia
Billy Cain Ford (Cornelia)​
Cook County Ford (Adel)​
Illinois
Al Piedmonte Ford (Melrose Park)​
Napleton Ford (Libertyville) - multiple time offender
Maryland
Koons Ford of Annapolis (Annapolis)​
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton) - multiple time offender
Minnesota
Superior Ford (Plymouth)​
New Jersey
DCH Ford (Eatonville)​
Haldeman Ford (Trenton)​
Woodbridge Ford (Woodbridge) - multiple time offender
New Mexico
Carlsbad Ford Lincoln (Carlsbad)​
New York
Don's Ford (Utica)​
Pennsylvania
Moon Township Ford (Moon)​
Texas
Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway (Houston)​
Grand Prairie Ford (Grand Prairie)​
Westway Ford (Irving)​
Virginia
Koons Woodbridge Ford (Woodbridge)​

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please investigate the details of each story for yourself. This is a compilation of reported issues, but it's only as good as the information B6G was given.

Westway Ford (Irving, TX) - AKA "Worstway Ford"
  • At delivery, @sadiki2527 was charged $24.5k over MSRP ($4k supposedly for tint and other dealer add-ons)
  • Customer was an early reservation
  • Customer apparently signed a form generated by Westway with MSRP.
  • Dealer has not budged yet.
Fremont Ford (Newark, CA)
  • At delivery, @94becerra was charged $15k over MSRP.
  • Dealership never agreed to pricing with customer, kept telling customer to wait for delivery before talking price.
  • Dealership agreed to "lower" price to $8k over MSRP, and @94becerra walked.
  • Attempted to charge @stratego $5k surprise ADM; he walked and they listed it for $30k over MSRP.
  • Informed @bman3000 in August that all Bronco orders would be $5k over MSRP. Fremont had been evasive about price until then.
Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD)
  • At delivery, @Smeagolsaur was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Dealer had previously agreed to MSRP in March (when customer also put down a deposit).
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after online pressure from B6G.
  • Same dealer: At delivery, @Dan303 was charged $3k "market demand" fee over previous agreement, and engaged in other fee and financing shenanigans.
Don's Ford (Utica, NY)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Jack1080 was charged $20K over MSRP -- they later agreed to lower this to $15k over MSRP "for being a good customer".
  • Dealer had earlier verbally committed to MSRP; had been providing vehicles to customer's company for 10 years.
  • Customer told them to ram the Bronco up their ass, and walked.
DCH Ford (Eatontown, NJ)
  • At delivery of a Dirt Mountain Bronco, @Sherminator was charged $10K over MSRP.
  • Dealer had a customer-signed DORA with MSRP.
  • Situation snowballed badly, involving social media and Mike Levine, and the dealership ultimately refused to sell the MY21 Bronco to the customer.
  • Highly toxic situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction, but ultimately did not result in him acquiring his original Bronco. New order was placed for MSRP.
Billy Cain Ford (Cornelia, GA)
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, @Luv9rove was charged an extra $13k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
Hansel Ford (Santa Rosa, CA)
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, a deleted user was charged an extra $2.5k ADM.
  • Customer walked.
Haldeman Ford (Trenton, NJ)
  • When @HadEnough switched from a FE to a Badlands, Haldeman attempted to give the early FE reservation to someone else and generate a new, late reservation for the Badlands.
  • With the help of Ford corporate, the original reservation was converted to a new dealership, and Haldeman lost the FE reservation.
Al Piemonte Ford (Melrose Park, IL)
  • At delivery, @ChiPlJam10 was charged $20k over MSRP, later lowered to $10k.
  • Customer did not have a negotiated price with the dealership.
Koons Ford (Annapolis, MD)
  • At delivery, @MRuby was charged $20k over MSRP, later lowered to $7.5k.
  • Customer did not have a negotiated price with the dealership.
Woodbridge Ford (Woodbridge, NJ)
  • Formerly Bell Ford, this dealership came under new ownership, refunded order deposits, and used this as an excuse to ignore previous price negotiations.
  • While in production, informed @Kamikazi_bronco that his Bronco would be $15k+ over MSRP, and that the final price would not be discussed until delivery.
  • Informed @broncusmaximus that the written, negotiated MSRP pricing would be voided and "100% guaranteed you'll pay over MSRP".
  • At delivery, informed @Bob 07064 that his Bronco would be $14k over MSRP. Customer walked.
  • Complaints to Ford corporate were not fruitful.
Grand Prairie Ford (Grand Prairie, TX)
  • At delivery, a Facebook user was charged $21k over MSRP.
  • Dealership was apparently using reserved Bronco to provide test drives to other customers.
  • Not clear if she had a previously negotiated price with the dealership.
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction after the customer's posts went viral.
Autonation Ford Gulf Freeway (Houston, TX)
  • At delivery, @BRBlue was charged MSRP instead of previously negotiated, in-writing X-plan pricing.
  • Dealership did sell at X-plan to @TXAG96 but griped about it incessantly and added $548 of unwanted accessories.
Moon Township Ford (Moon, PA)
  • Shortly before delivery, a YouTuber who had previously worked at the dealership for 19 years was charged an extra $10k over MSRP.
  • Not clear if they had a previously negotiated price with the dealership.
  • Situation was resolved to the customer's satisfaction ($5k over MSRP) after the customer's posts went viral.
Napleton Ford (Libertyville, IL)
  • At delivery, @amccue90 was charged $5k over MSRP after the dealership made a firm agreement in writing to X-plan pricing.
  • Customer ultimately paid $2.5k over MSRP.
  • Shortly after scheduling, @Ledbetter was charged $5k over MSRP. Only previous discussion of price appears to have been the order previews (listing MSRP) and failed attempts by the customer to get the dealership to produce a formal purchase agreement.
Sunnyvale Ford (Sunnyvale, CA)
Carlsbad Ford Lincoln (Carlsbad, NM)
  • At delivery, @Ralphramst was charged $10k over MSRP.
  • Dealer would not commit to any price prior to delivery.
  • Situation was resolved (customer bought at $5k over MSRP).
Superior Ford (Plymouth, MN)
  • At delivery of an FE Bronco, @SirViper was charged a record $56k over MSRP.
  • Details of this story are vague and open to interpretation. Dealer was claiming the customer cancelled and the truck was being sold off the lot at market prices. Customer claimed to never have cancelled.
  • Situation was resolved to customer's satisfaction after intercession by Ford corporate and outrage from B6G.
Future Ford of Sacramento (Sacramento, CA)
  • At delivery, @JMP4 was charged $9,995 over MSRP.
  • Customer had prior agreement to MSRP in writing from dealership.
  • Future quickly backed down to MSRP when the customer escalated to the sales manager.
  • Same dealer tried the same markup to @Therackmount. This case was slightly different, in that the customer did not attempt to convert a 2020 reservation to an order until MY22 order book opened up in October 2021. Customer was informed of the ADM at time of ordering.
Koons Woodbridge Ford (Woodbridge, VA)
  • At delivery, @coupon_ninja was charged $10k over MSRP.
  • Formerly Cowles Ford, this dealership came under new ownership, refunded the reservation $100 (but not the $900 deposit), and used this as an excuse to ignore previous price negotiations.
  • Customer had prior agreement to MSRP in writing and verbally from dealership. Was told shortly after the change in ownership that nothing about the deal had changed.
  • Koons backed down to MSRP when the customer escalated to the sales manager and confidently and forcefully defended the existing deal.
  • Customer informed dealership that they are now on the list of shitty dealers.
  • It's worth noting that @JMoney20 seemed to do okay there with his DM order.
Chino Hills Ford (Chino, CA)
  • Shortly before delivery, @Whiskey_06 was informed of a $45k markup 😧 over MSRP.
  • Customer was a first-day reservation with a high end BL.
  • At time of order, customer was assured verbally that there was no dealer markup. Dealer emailed WBDO form to customer, showing MSRP.
  • Once again, this dealer used the well-worn excuse that they have new ownership and are not beholden to any previous agreements.
  • Dealer has so far only agreed to lower the ADM to $20k.
  • This dealership has previously emailed other reservation holders about adding $5-10k markups, but this customer apparently wasn't told.
Cook County Ford (Adel, GA)
  • Even customers that agree to pay ADM aren't enough for some dealers.
  • At order time, @lil_mule_4x4 made a verbal agreement to pay a specific amount over MSRP.
  • Upon MY22 reorder of a MY21 reservation, the dealer informed the customer that the original agreement would not be honored, and that the revised "market price" ADM would be kept a secret until delivery.
  • Dealer finally said that if they had to commit to a price, they wanted 650% of the original ADM.
  • Customer wants to change dealers, but is stuck in Ford's multi-month long dealer transfer purgatory.
=================================

Is your dealer trying this with you? Go through the steps in this thread.

Is your reservation with a bad dealer? You may have a tough time getting it moved, so be prepared to place a brand new order at another dealer.

=================================

Let's be clear about the scenario this list is for:
  • Customer reserved/ordered Bronco and agreed with dealership on a price (in writing or verbally).
  • Sometime later, especially after scheduling or upon delivery, the dealership informed the customer that "additional dealer markup" is now being applied above the agreed-upon price.
A few special circumstances will also be included:
  1. Dealerships that "steal" a reservation (sell a reserved Bronco to a third party without the customer abandoning the order). Even if this is by accident, it's severe enough to make the list.
  2. Dealerships that applied new ADM to MY22 reservations when rolling over orders for MY21 (i.e. punishing the customer for having to wait longer).
  3. Dealerships that came under new ownership and "changed the deal".
  4. Customers who assumed the Bronco was selling for MSRP, but never actually came to any firm pricing agreement with the dealership, and were later surprised by ADM. This will be very clearly indicated, since some readers will not find the dealer to be entirely at fault in this scenario.
If a dealership later comes to an acceptable arrangement with the customer, that will be clearly noted, but the dealership will not be fully removed from the list. Also, dealerships will not be removed from this list as part of a deal. Customers have no power to directly modify this list and it can't be part of a negotiation.

Additionally, we aren't concerned with what constitutes a legally binding purchase agreement here. If a dealership lies or misleads the customer about ADM, that's enough to make the list.

Inclusion on this list is not a recommendation to avoid the dealer. You can read the details of each case and decide for yourself whether you want to risk a similar experience. The information here is only as good as what the customer provides us; you can read the linked threads and decide for yourself whether the information is accurate and complete.

What this list explicitly does not include:

• Dealerships that are selling marked-up Broncos from their lot (including mannequins) to new customers. Yes, even if it's $50k over sticker.
  • Dealerships that have been transparent with their reservation customers about above-MSRP pricing from the beginning.
  • Dealerships that surprise customers with dealer add-ons like VIN etching, nitrogen in the tires, etc. that they charge customers for. If you do not want these things, tell your dealership not to do them.
  • Dealerships that are rude, dumb, messed up the order, gave priority orders to their friends, or aggrieved customers in any other way. This list is specifically for dealerships using deceptive pricing tactics with Ford's reservation/ordering system.
I wonder if it would be worth while to forward this to @Ford Motor Company 🤔

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand the situation with the Bronco's but dealers that want to treat customers this way are immoral and disgust me to death. They won't sign an agreement at reservation for MSRP, they will take you deposit, they will make you wait 18 months, then they $hit on you and legally you have no or very limited recourse. I am very happy you are starting to call them out because Ford certainly doesn't seem to care.
Correction, the dealer never directly took you deposit for a reservation. That was paid directly to Ford who steered you towards the preferred dealer in your area based on mileage. Once the order was placed Ford transferred the "deposit". Then if you had to leave a deposit (most didn't) that's when the negotiation happens but in my case like others we heard "you wont pay more than msrp cause that's how we do business" ...
BULLSHIT!

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Al Piemonte is putting your ADMs on Georgia tonight.

ESPN said:
Marco Piemonte, a 32-year-old car dealership owner and avid sports bettor in Illinois, needs Georgia to beat Alabama in the national championship game to complete a $30,000 five-leg parlay that would pay $1.2 million at sportsbook PointsBet.
ESPN said:
Q: A Houston furniture store salesman, Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale often uses the betting market to hedge promotional giveaways. With your car dealerships, would you ever consider giving away free cars if a team won the Super Bowl, for example?

A: I know exactly who [Mattress Mack] is, and I would love to do that one day. I'd probably key it on a Chicago team, because we're here outside of Chicago. I wish I would've done it with the Bulls. They were 60- or 70-1 odds before the season started. That would've been the one to do. But, yeah, I think one day I'm definitely going to do that. The car business is my career, a career I love. My dad (Al Piemonte) started it. I took over from my dad when he passed away in 2014. I'm sure he might laugh at me bringing sports betting into our world, but that's okay.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Koons Woodbridge and Chino Hills now on the list.

Chino Hills might be one of the worst places in the world to buy a Bronco. They are throwing bigtime ADM on every Bronco they have.
Yup I moved my reservation with them the moment they said they wanted 5k above MSRP in an email which I still have. I politely told them to F off and that I was going to take my business elsewhere. I live about 5 minutes from that dealer and have dropped by before. Horrible dealership in general even non-Bronco related.
Sponsored