First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) 20220117_155523
Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) 20220117_155604

Driving by and noticed Gary Yeomans Ford in Palm Bay Florida had a 2 door Cactus Gray on the lot.

I hadn't seen a 2 door in the wild and since I have one on order, decided to go check it out.

Walking up notice the Roof Rails & it's a Badlands like my order , getting cooler by the minute.

Checked out the Green Window Sticker to find it was a Special Order, don't know the whole story but my guess is the customer never asked them about ADM and walked when they found out the bad news.

I called and spoke to them when MY 2022 ordering opened to be told they would place my order for $7,000.00 over MSRP.

I kept looking and went with Greenway Ford in Orlando @ MSRP + $1,495.00 in dealer fees.

THE Sticker on this Full Optioned ( less Sasquatch ) shows a $53k+ MSRP

They have it listed at $68k+

Didn't ask for a test drive since it wasn't a Sasquatch , 2.3L & 7MT like our order but I did give it a good inspection inside and out.
Sponsored

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sending out warnings to everyone waiting for your Bronco. Be sure you get a buyers/purchase agreement at the time of order. I was told 2 weeks before delivery that they are adding "accessories" that are neither needed or wanted. Take a look...
Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) Bronco Purchase Order

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sending out warnings to everyone waiting for your Bronco. Be sure you get a buyers/purchase agreement at the time of order. I was told 2 weeks before delivery that they are adding "accessories" that are neither needed or wanted. Take a look...
Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) Bronco Purchase Order
Are you referring to the $1496? Might be the delivery fee that everyone has to pay.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you referring to the $1496? Might be the delivery fee that everyone has to pay.
Take a look at the "Accessories" list at the bottom. Keep in mind its a Big Bend soft top with mid-pkg and I live in Phoenix so doors will not be on much. And we have excellent off-road trails that require air downs.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take a look at the "Accessories" list at the bottom. Keep in mind its a Big Bend soft top with mid-pkg and I live in Phoenix so doors will not be on much. And we have excellent off-road trails that require air downs.
You're right. I didn't see the line in the footer.
Yeah. Not cool.

Sponsored
OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a longstanding scam some dealers pull on vehicles. Earlier in the thread I talk about why I'm not categorizing that as surprise ADM.

Whiskey_06

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F150 XLT Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on my Chino Hills Ford situation:

Got a call from my salesman on Friday. The truck was delivered ahead of schedule. Since the truck was on the lot, he was calling to let me know that I had 72 hours to come in and make a deal, or they would be free to sell the truck.

I laughed on the inside, because they've had a Wildtrak, a Badlands, and a First Edition sitting on the lot for a month that other customers walked away from. No one is buying a $112k Wildtrak, sorry.

Lots of back and forth ensued over the weekend. Went in in Sunday to look at the truck and try to deal. As a bigger guy (I'm 6'5", 240 lbs), the interior felt really roomy. I mentioned the fact that a person on Google reviews for the dealership gave them a 5 star review for honoring the commitment to MSRP. That started a new round of talks, and I eventually had to leave.

Talked more during my breaks from work on Monday. Finally got to an agreement of $5k over MSRP. Not what I wanted, but tolerable. Started reviewing the paperwork, and found an extra $10k in "add ons" that I thought were going to be included as a compromise for the mark ups. That was a non starter, and I walked away.

Went back tonight after the salesman called to say he thought they had something I could live with. Back to $5k over MSRP. 6 years/100k bumper to bumper and power train, 4 year windshield crack protection, gap coverage, road side assistance, and 5 year regular service. Nothing hidden, no extra fees. I signed tonight. They have to clean it up and do last minute checks and all, but I'll be driving it before the end of the week.

It seems, at least out here, that despite the hype, no one is paying the INSANE dealer markups. Chino Hills Ford sold one Bronco the entire month of December, and from what they posted in a Facebook group, they got a similar deal to me. So far, they've sold another one this month, and it was at MSRP (allegedly they're a fleet buyer). Right now they have 7 Broncos on the lot, not counting mine, that buyers walked away from and they can't sell because no one is paying that much for a Ford that isn't a GT. If your dealer is charging an insane ADM, stick to your guns. Do some research and see how well their sales are doing. I know, without a doubt, that stretching the negotiations out over the course of the weekend and into the week helped me. While it isn't the deal I was promised, I'm happy with the deal I got.

Good luck!

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on my Chino Hills Ford situation:
Thanks for the update, I'll update the original post.

I think your dealer ADM experience was one of the worst ones ever on this forum. A set of Broncos with mega ADMs sitting on their lot is just the extra flourish. Anyone with an order sitting at Chino Hills better be ready to pay out the ass or walk, because I think you did about as well as you could.

Whiskey_06

Badlands
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 F150 XLT Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm surprised they've kept the ADMs they're asking. They're asking $112k for a Wildtrak, $107k for a FE, and $103k for a Badlands. All 3 of those trucks have been sitting on the lot for well over a month, and everytime I've gone in, someone was looking at them. The other 4 on the lot got there within the last week, but again, for the most highly anticipated vehicle of the year, no one is buying.

As for my Bronco, I was determined to get it. I haven't owned a new car in 20 years. I spec'd this Bronco out exactly as I wanted it. Like you said, I think I got the best deal I could expect. Thanks for the support and knowledge that this forum provided to help me make the most of this situation.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This extreme ADM nonsense makes $5k over MSRP seem acceptable but it still isn’t…especially on a reservation holder.
Agreed…..so the dealer makes what $9-$10k off of @Whiskey_06 who brought that specific vehicle to their lot. Not dealer stock, not an abandoned order…..
thats Just wrong

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@phocion I’m happy to announce my dealer did the right thing and ultimately honored our agreement. Please remove AutoNation Gulf Fwy from the list.

OP
OP
phocion

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@phocion I’m happy to announce my dealer did the right thing and ultimately honored our agreement. Please remove AutoNation Gulf Fwy from the list.
Congratulations!

I won't remove them but I will update the entry. As I say in the original post:
If a dealership later comes to an acceptable arrangement with the customer, that will be clearly noted, but the dealership will not be fully removed from the list. Also, dealerships will not be removed from this list as part of a deal. Customers have no power to directly modify this list and it can't be part of a negotiation.

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

All,

I placed my order back in late December 2021 and the dealer had me switch my reservation from Ford to where it now shows "Ordering with a Dealer" versus before when I just had a reservation.

My question is, what should I be requesting from my dealer to ensure that I don't end up having the problems some have experienced?

The dealer sent me a "preview order" sheet showing everything I ordered and the total price, but obviously that's not a signed contract (in fact, it states, " This is not an invoice"). In his response eMail to me raising questions, the General Manager wrote, "Nobody who orders a car and waits their turn pays a markup over MSRP here," which is reassuring. That said, I figure I should ask for whatever specific documents others have obtained that might make this more certain.

Thank you

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
All,

I placed my order back in late December 2021 and the dealer had me switch my reservation from Ford to where it now shows "Ordering with a Dealer" versus before when I just had a reservation.

My question is, what should I be requesting from my dealer to ensure that I don't end up having the problems some have experienced?

The dealer sent me a "preview order" sheet showing everything I ordered and the total price, but obviously that's not a signed contract (in fact, it states, " This is not an invoice"). In his response eMail to me raising questions, the General Manager wrote, "Nobody who orders a car and waits their turn pays a markup over MSRP here," which is reassuring. That said, I figure I should ask for whatever specific documents others have obtained that might make this more certain.

Thank you
Ask them to sign the documents to prove their goodwill.
Sponsored