Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@phocion

napelton ford libertyville asked me for 20k over on a Badlands today. Sales rep proceeded to tell me ā€œdoesnā€™t matter if you want it or not someone will buy itā€

All American ford in mahwah is a minimum of 15k over on every Bronco.

Every dealer I called requested 15-30k over sticker. The model didnā€™t matter.
Sponsored

filup01

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
@phocion

napelton ford libertyville asked me for 20k over on a Badlands today. Sales rep proceeded to tell me ā€œdoesnā€™t matter if you want it or not someone will buy itā€

All American ford in mahwah is a minimum of 15k over on every Bronco.

Every dealer I called requested 15-30k over sticker. The model didnā€™t matter.
And people get upset with me when I say ALL dealers are thieves. Yes, itā€™s just the ones you called today but even sticker price is crazy. Not even 2 years ago everyone was getting 15k off sticker for a pickup. You know what changed that? Dealers. All of them. They are a necessary evil but they are all crooks including sales, finance, and service.

freezey00

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And people get upset with me when I say ALL dealers are thieves. Yes, itā€™s just the ones you called today but even sticker price is crazy. Not even 2 years ago everyone was getting 15k off sticker for a pickup. You know what changed that? Dealers. All of them. They are a necessary evil but they are all crooks including sales, finance, and service.
I called every dealer with a cactus gray 4door OB/BL/WT nationwide and everyone required a minimum of 15k over sticker. I finally found one OB in Niagara Falls NY who charged me 5 over. There was a dealership Schultz Ford in Nanuet NY that was charging MSRP.

What kills me is the arrogance.

Winger57

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LibertyDiesel,F450,88Ranger, 80Pinto, 65GT Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Fords about to change this but maybe just for the electric market but talk is cheap. Dealing direct with the manufacturer and taking the used car salesman shenanigans out of the equation sounds great. But where will we go to see the new models test drive them etc. Without local dealers?

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What kind of price agreement did you have with Harrold before they surprised you with the the 10k ADM?

The accessory scam, unfortunately, is becoming increasingly common even at otherwise reputable dealers.
We had come to an OTD price agreement over email prior to me entering the dealership. Harrold Ford then called me back and decided to take the offer 2 days later, only to sell it out from under me after I picked up the check on the way to the dealership.

Sponsored

sic5pointslow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250, 3 Mustangs, 2018 Audi, annnnd a Buick
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Livermore Ford, tried to add a 5k ADM but lucky I had an email stating no ADM. sounds like if you donā€™t have that in writing they are tacking on 5k. Also $800 for some door protection! This is a ā€œpolicyā€ they install on every vehicle. I mentioned price protection and itā€™s something they have never heard of. I called ford and got the dealer a certificate number. All said I got MSRP but be ready for a battle here.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are definitely trying to clamp down on flippers. Although you'd think it shouldn't be their business once you have title to the vehicle, I can see their side of it in an extreme shortage environment like now.

"Bozard" is a good name for a bad dealership though.
They are actually a pretty good family dealership and they are MSRP. My experience there was a good one and service department since was outstanding. I agree with you that they appear to be saying, hey we will give you a fair shake, please just do the same by us. Granted, the legalese of the agreement make the optics not so good but they aren't trying to beat anyone out of anything.

NewDirection

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh I love this thread. Whiteoak Ford Lincoln in Mississauga wasted my time and at the very end sprung a $3K mandatory "rustproofing" charge without which they wouldn't sell me the car. I know it's nothing comapred to the markups you're seeing in the States but principle is the same.

I unhesitatingly aid goodbye, drove 8km and bought one factory order at MSRP from Meadowvale Ford.

mthom5

Big Bend
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Called Expressway Ford in Mt Vernon, IN yesterday to see if they had any in stock as they have 4 listed on their website. Spoke to Preston who said they didn't have any right now but thought he had one coming and asked me to hold. He came back and told me they had a BD coming in that had a delivery date listed as 4/5-4/11 and the sale price would be $48,000. Not great but not as bad as some. Later my husband called him back to talk numbers on our trade in and he told my husband he was busy at the moment but would call him back with a number. When he called back he informed my husband that the owner said he couldn't sell it to him because he was going to list them on ebay for more money.

sjswin

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Harrold Ford asked over but finally made the deal at MSRP.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gonzers

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2012 Arctic Edition, 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What kind of price agreement did you have with Harrold before they surprised you with the the 10k ADM?

The accessory scam, unfortunately, is becoming increasingly common even at otherwise reputable dealers.
I was a reservation holder with a signed order confirmation listing the price (which was MSRP). The GM at Harrold Ford tried to pretend he cared and wanted to make it right, then sold my Bronco out from under me (as well as @Snacktime - he was triple-timing customers on this Bronco, at least) while we were still negotiating. He never ever returned my calls or emails after our phone conversation, I found out days later it was because they'd sold my Bronco to someone willing to pay the ADM. He still hasn't had the decency to even tell me that.

Been working with Ford corporate as well as the Victory Automotive Group, which owns Harrold Ford. Even they knew better than to try to work with this dealership, they have me working with another one in a different county instead. They're doing the right thing with me on price, but problem is they want me to get back in line at the END of the line, since they now have to re-build my Bronco which was sold out from under me. Disappointed is an understatement.

Swearing off of Ford for life as well because of Harrold Ford.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Harrold Ford, Sacramento, CA. Was promised MSRP on 2 door big bend @ $41650. Sat with salesman for 2 hours after delivery just to be lied to and told they would refuse to honor their commitment. Started at $15000 over and told to take or leave because they had other buyers. Will be calling Ford corporate. I will never purchase a Ford product again.
It's gone, Harrold Ford had it for sale a week ago.

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picture didn't load of Harrold Ford lead sales guy selling other peoples broncos...

Ford Bronco šŸ¤¬ Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) Screenshot_20220323-195146
All reservation holders are waiting because of the dirty dealing like this. Use the chip shortage Bullshit lie if you want but this is going on everywhere. And still is.

earthgirl1964

Base
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Willys - have ordered a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are three dealers near me that are charging $20,000 over msrp.
Lake Geneva Ford in Lake Geneva WI.
Kunes Ford in Delavan, WI.
Buss Ford in Mchenry, Illinois

At Buss Ford, I had called a week before and they told me they didn't upcharge. I drive down there and the one I was interested in was $45,000 on the sticker and when I went inside, they upped the price to 64,900.
Sponsored