Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honolulu Ford
It’s been almost a year since I took delivery of my Bronco and I’m still not over the bullshit they pulled on me… ended up paying an 4K markup… And the sales manager tells me well, you don’t have to buy it… 🤬. This is after they try to mark it up 10k from the sales sheet I got when I made my deposit.
I also didn’t have to make a reservation and place a deposit for my order. I will never buy another ford again.
Sponsored

jr22

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
whats annoying about this thread is that ford doesn't want to do anything about it. if you left me charge or dealer network, zero cars would be sold over MSRP from the end of the day of my first day.

Email would be this simple:
"Any dealer charging 0.01 over MSRP on any vehicle effective by close of business today, will be sent 0 new vehicles or ford parts for 30 years".

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Covert Ford in Austin TX - asking for 30k over sticker + Tax.

insane!
For the record, Covert honors MRSP for reservation holders, purchased mine at MRSP less the price protection with no hassle.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

whats annoying about this thread is that ford doesn't want to do anything about it. if you left me charge or dealer network, zero cars would be sold over MSRP from the end of the day of my first day.

Email would be this simple:
"Any dealer charging 0.01 over MSRP on any vehicle effective by close of business today, will be sent 0 new vehicles or ford parts for 30 years".
Ford is trying to do something about it, but dealerships are politically connected and there are many franchise laws in states that make it difficult to punitively punish dealerships.

The thing is that you may not see it, but it is happening...after my shitshow with DCH Ford, I was contacted by them because they didn't meet their percentage of closing reservation holder sales and was asked for an email saying I released my order this past December. Other people who where reservation holders didn't have ADM issues like I had either after my situation either.

I got my second Bronco in May and I even got my reservation deposit back a few weeks ago that I put on my credit card when the orders opened up in 2020...I wasn't expecting that to happen.

I've seen internal documents that Ford has sent to dealerships about this situation-and yes Ford is going to put the screws to them if they break certain conditions, but you'll most likely never see it happen publicly.

Dealerships are free to do what they want with dealer stock with marking them up, but as economic conditions worsen and stock builds up, ADMs will hopefully just be painful memory

Sponsored

Craigthebull

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost premium
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oregon. Power Ford Newport Oregon. Have a 2022 eruption green BB 4dr MIC top. Selling as used with 4 miles. Paid order holder 10k to buy and sell back to them. This gets this dealer around the name matching requirements that Ford is trying to use to stop some of the ridiculous ADM’s. They were selling it for 30k over MSRP.

JMullikin51

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang , 2004 BMW M3 , 2022 BMW 330I M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread was intended to identify dealers who add surprise markup. Example, a reservation holder thinks they have agreed to an MSRP purchase, but around the time the Bronco arrives, the dealer adds markup. That is a whole level of bad behavior above adding ADM to a vehicle sitting on the lot. (Of course, that begs the question as to why the order was abandoned. Was it surprise markup or did the buyer change their mind?)

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oregon. Power Ford Newport Oregon. Have a 2022 eruption green BB 4dr MIC top. Selling as used with 4 miles. Paid order holder 10k to buy and sell back to them. This gets this dealer around the name matching requirements that Ford is trying to use to stop some of the ridiculous ADM’s. They were selling it for 30k over MSRP.
This doesnt bother me not one iota. The original res holder made $10,000 instead of dealer trying to make him pay $10,000 over msrp at pickup time. Pretty solid move. Dealer now owns Bronco and free to charge whatever they want. Point being they didn't screw the reservation holder over and that is what matters.

Jermd21

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F250 4x4; 2013 Expy 4x4; 1984 F250 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Adding a new complaint to the thread. My sister reserved a 4 door OB in October of 2020 through AutoNation in Corpus Christi, TX. Now that she has a VIN we finally were able to get final pricing and they are charging $5k ADM and only giving $250 (I had to ask about this because it was left off of the paperwork) in price protection despite $1850 in base price increases.
She has a DORA that does not have the ADM but they claim they have no choice. Any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Adding a new complaint to the thread. My sister reserved a 4 door OB in October of 2020 through AutoNation in Corpus Christi, TX. Now that she has a VIN we finally were able to get final pricing and they are charging $5k ADM and only giving $250 (I had to ask about this because it was left off of the paperwork) in price protection despite $1850 in base price increases.
She has a DORA that does not have the ADM but they claim they have no choice. Any advice or help is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
They have a choice... Ask them to show you policy that states they don't have a choice... Also ask them how other dealers are routinely delivering them for less.

FWIW, my Bronco was delivered to Autonation Corpus Christi as a courtesy delivery and I didn't pay any ADM. My OBX was delivered at just under MSRP.

They have a choice, but they are too full of shit to be honest.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sdunov60

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded in my Cadillac ATS for a 2022 OBX - 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Grieco Ford of Delray Owes Me Money.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this and granted, we're not talking big money here, BUT:

When completing my sale transaction (after 715 days) my reservation deposit wasn't taken off my Buyers Order. I'm sure it was an oversight (I missed it too). However, after 3 attempts to speak w/ someone, I finally got to a finance manager... now, not a peep.

All I can say is piss poor customer service and follow-up from this dealership (no issues w/ mark-ups or ADM, btw)... not even the courtesy of a call or email with an update (even if it's an update telling me to go pound sand).

Had to chase them down throughout the entire reservation to sale process.

Just left unfavorable reviews on Google, Yelp and Facebook.... hopefully that will stimulate a response. Now it's just a matter of principle.

Ford Bronco 🤬 Naughty Bad Dealerships Hall of Shame ("Surprise ADM" List) 1661535765183
Sponsored