Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you have any problem with the Restraints Indicator Light? When I disconnected one of the rear seats on my 2dr Outer Banks the warning light came on and stayed on until I reinstalled the plug. Still have an alert on FordPass that won’t clear.
Yes. An airbag warning light has turned on / stayed on, and the Ford app gives me an alert.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice build! My truck is very similar… Base base model with NO options, 2 door, manual trans, in Oxford white. Built on 7/13 and unfortunately got held at dirt mountain:( you are so lucky to have yours! I have 35x12.5x17 tires for some fifteen52 wheels with +0 offset and it looks like with your -6 offset you narrowly escaped having to change or extend the third brake light?
I ended up unscrewing the tail light brace, shifting it up 1", and screwing it back it (just drilling new holes into the plastic brace for the screws to use).

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great antenna installation info. I've been thinking about where to put those (probably GMRS, CB, & 2M amateur in my case). What type of CB radio did you install?
I started with a Midlands CB radio, which I hated, and eventually bought a Cobra classic CB. I added/bolted in some magnets to the back of the center console, and attached the CB that way:

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio IMG_4711

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio IMG_4713

The other GMRS radio is installed inside of the console itself on one of the inside edges. Sorry for the less-than-great photo and mess of wires. I will do some cleanup once I stop moving things around:

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio IMG_4710

MrDrProfSir

Badlands
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 VW Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great. Thanks for the details--I installed a UHF/VHF ham radio and a CB in my current vehicle, and it was difficult to figure out where to put things and how to route wiring. I thought the Bronco came with an accessory rail on the top of the dash, though. I'm a little worried now that it was just a pre-production feature idea that didn't make it into production models. I'm not seeing it at all on Ford's website.

EDIT 9/13/21: I looked at a Black Diamond in the dealership today and dead center of the top of the dash it's got a place for a screw the size you'd see on a camera tripod. And a rail of some kind could probably be fitted there, with tape or something on the ends to prevent twisting. I've seen where others have suggested something like this. Not sure how tape would hold up to heat though. Maybe drilling would be necessary. Looks like there would be enough room for radios on that dash, mounted to a rail. No room overhead--that's taken up with Aux switches, map lights, etc.

Last edited:

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in SC EXIT 1 Just below you we should talk ,I also are doing similar mods.we should talk.My county # is 8647616529 my name is listed Alan Black Diamond 2.7 already bought tire and rims and tail pipe awaiting delivery to remove seats ect.

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great. Thanks for the details--I installed a UHF/VHF ham radio and a CB in my current vehicle, and it was difficult to figure out where to put things and how to route wiring. I thought the Bronco came with an accessory rail on the top of the dash, though. I'm a little worried now that it was just a pre-production feature idea that didn't make it into production models. I'm not seeing it at all on Ford's website.
I've wanted to ask this same exact thing!

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BroncoUnicorn : when you wired the 6.5” kickers in, how Did you bridge the wires that feed up to the dash speakers, just a three way splice On each Or did you find a way to use the factory connector

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That accessory rail seems to be 4WP vaporware at this point. I'm waiting for it to be available as well.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not sure if your a skier unicorn, With those rear seats removed looks like enough space to fit my Tele skis? Or I am better off getting ski rack if I get the 2 door. I got a 4 door on order but the 2 door seems more tempting.

Also how many miles can you get on one tank of gas with those 35s? I’ve seen reports all over the place ranging from 250-300 miles.
Can you tell me the area in inches for planning is it five foot by 42 inch wide,please for ordering carpet tks Arc

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great Truck!
Magical AF!!!
Great write up!
Hey where did you get power for your radios?
I'm an Amateur Radio Geek and I will moz def be installing a 12 amp VHF/UHF radio, probably throw one in there on the way home from the dealer, if That Day ever comes.
Like all your smart mods which don't kill The Whiskey Fund!

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

one question please sir is the 40inch wide or long as I do not have my rig yet. I have started the board for the delete rear seat mod

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

one question please sir is the 40inch wide or long as I do not have my rig yet. I have started the board for the delete rear seat mod
I just remeasured to confirm: 42.5" wide (side to side), 40" long (front to back).

That is the size of my panel, but you can make the length longer or shorter depending on your layout.

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great Truck!
Magical AF!!!
Great write up!
Hey where did you get power for your radios?
I'm an Amateur Radio Geek and I will moz def be installing a 12 amp VHF/UHF radio, probably throw one in there on the way home from the dealer, if That Day ever comes.
Like all your smart mods which don't kill The Whiskey Fund!
The center console has a standard 12v plug outlet on the interior, so I bought a 1-to-2 plug splitter and that runs power for both the GMRS and CB radios.
Sponsored