Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just remeasured to confirm: 42.5" wide (side to side), 40" long (front to back).

That is the size of my panel, but you can make the length longer or shorter depending on your layout.
Thank you sir
Sponsored

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's ZACKLY how I get power for the radio in my FieSTa!!!
I'm confused... Is this because I didn't hardwire it into the battery, separately? I'm not running a high watt truck transmitter or a GMRS repeater.

The radios rarely get used to begin with, even more rarely together, the CB has a low tested SWR and a tuned antenna, the GMRS is not that susceptible to voltage variance anyways, and when they do get used it's over short distance in a convoy to other vehicle with high gain antennas.

The Cobra CB even has built in electronics to eliminate electrical noise.

Did I miss something?

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did I miss something?
No I don't think you missed anything. 5w CBs and GMRS radios probably pull less than 3 amps.
My 50w VHF/UHF radio in my FieSTa pulls about 12 amps. It's plugged into the back seat cigg lighter plug. Has been since 2014. No probs.
I've been a Ham since 1990. I've plugged countless ~10-12 amp radios into cigg lighter plugs and quite a few ~20 amp HF radios also. Sometimes I had to put a bigger fuze in the connector for the HF radios...Sssshhh! Don't tell anyone.

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi @BroncoUnicorn

I dig your rear seat delete. I have a few questions please.

Seat belt codes:
- Have you been able to defeat the seatbelt codes?
- Where do these codes show up? Do they show up as errors on the dash, or do you need a OBS / ForScan gizmo?
- Have these error codes cause you any other woes?

Reinstall & remove again:
- (without the drawer) Any thoughts on the time needed to reinstall the seats? Easy enough to swap the seats in or out as needed now and then?
- do the codes go away upon reinstalling the seats?

Thank you,
Nels

Risky4me

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks, Lexus 450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi @BroncoUnicorn

I dig your rear seat delete. I have a few questions please.

Seat belt codes:
- Have you been able to defeat the seatbelt codes?
- Where do these codes show up? Do they show up as errors on the dash, or do you need a OBS / ForScan gizmo?
- Have these error codes cause you any other woes?

Reinstall & remove again:
- (without the drawer) Any thoughts on the time needed to reinstall the seats? Easy enough to swap the seats in or out as needed now and then?
- do the codes go away upon reinstalling the seats?

Thank you,
Nels
When I removed one of the rear seats a light showed up on the dash (restraint system alarm) and got two alerts on FordPass for seat system. Reinstalled seat and alarms cleared. Seat removal/reinstall are simple 2 screws, 2 bolts and 2 nuts with 1 plug disconnect/reconnect. Haven’t seen a solution for alarms listed anywhere yet and not willing to drive around with it on so seat remains in the vehicle.

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just remeasured to confirm: 42.5" wide (side to side), 40" long (front to back).

That is the size of my panel, but you can make the length longer or shorter depending on your layout.
with the seat in a position you drive in, what is the length of the rear area? I see at 40” there is still quite a bit of room to the back of the front row seats.
Thanks.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Amazing build. I love the pragmatism. I have this build saved for when my patience runs out for brittany blue and I cave for my current 2DR Race Red order.

You are a stone's throw away from @lbracket's lovely render:

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio 190766670_145429840951457_9054789929687422316_n
Sponsored