Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if your a skier unicorn, With those rear seats removed looks like enough space to fit my Tele skis? Or I am better off getting ski rack if I get the 2 door. I got a 4 door on order but the 2 door seems more tempting.

Also how many miles can you get on one tank of gas with those 35s? I’ve seen reports all over the place ranging from 250-300 miles.
Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yessssss, THIS IS WHY THE FORUM EXISTS!!!! Awesome job OP! You just helped design my next build :)

And you are indeed Magical AF :love:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In addition to what he did I love the fact that he tells you what he tried and how it didn't work out. That kind of honesty helps the community just as much!

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want one of those Brackets you used to mount the antenna!... Care to make another and ship it my way... (Not for free of course!.. lol)

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you do anything to the headlights, they look darker in photo.

Sponsored

False

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Holy crap! What a hero! You did all of the things I had been wanting to see (since I can’t try myself) all in one post. This is like a nuclear bomb of pictures I’d been needing!

OP
OP
BroncoUnicorn

BroncoUnicorn

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd verify the proper placement of the plastic white rings on the antenna mount. For the CB antenna, in my experience, the white plastic ring usually goes on the top.
You are right, I screwed this up. Thank you for noticing.

Can you post specifically which kicker model numbers you ordered, and the quantity? Also, which brackets did you order for the 6.5" speakers, and which bass blockers?
What base blockers and adaptora did you end up getting for the speakers?
When you get a chance, can you give us the part numbers and everything you used to upgrade to speakers including the bass pacifier whatever the hell it is?
I ordered two pairs of 4" speakers (Kicker 46CSC44) and one pair of 6.5" speakers (Kicker CSC654). From Crutchfield, I ordered the "Crutchfield Bass Blockers (600 Hz cut-off)":

https://www.crutchfield.com/ISEO-rmsbcspd/p_007BB600/Crutchfield-Bass-Blockers-600-Hz-cut-off.html

In hindsight, that might be too high of a cutoff.

As a 6.5" bracket/mount, I ordered the Metra 825605 Rear 6.5" Speaker Plate (Pair) on Amazon. The factory 6.5" speakers are relatively thick, and the Kickers are relatively thin, but the Kickers plus the bracket is just slightly too fat to be installed and still have room for the factory speaker cover. Fortunately, the factory speaker cover has a thin plastic ridge around the inside that can be cut off with a razor blade, which then allows everything to fit.

Could you please provide the model numbers to the kicker speakers. I think I found them on Crutchfield, but just want to make sure. Did you also install an amplifier? What about changing the boat speakers in the back? Since you are looking to design a small subwoofer enclosure have you figured out the best place to install it?
Speaker & bass blocker details above. I have not installed an amplifier (as of now), but the rear factory speakers were switched out with new Kickers (inside the existing enclosure). They are 4" also, matching the front dash.

For a future subwoofer box, with the rear seats out and the falso floor in, there is a roughly 12" deep space directly behind the front row seats that would serve as a good area for a full-width box. Perhaps a pair of large speakers centered behind each seat, with the middle section used for a sub amplifier. Here is what that unfinished area looks like now:

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio Image from iOS (11)

were you get the hockey stick on the side from
Ridergraphix: https://ridergraphix.com/store/2021-FORD-BRONCO-GRAPHICS-c55391005

Very nice. What exactly did you use to hide the pinch seams?
Where did you get the rubber strips? Was it 3M brand?
Can you reply with link to the pinch weld tape that you bought if you have one?
Amazon link here.

Any plans for upgrading front axle, lockers, etc…?
I’m curious, do you regret not going Sasquatch or do you think adding that would have possibly pushed you into a MY2022? Both lockers would be nice but actually having your Bronco is a much bigger win!
When Ford originally gave me the choice between ordering either a 2dr manual or a 2dr Sasquatch, losing the lockers to get a manual transmission hurt the most. However, my driving style is more "roadtrips & bombing down backroads" than it is slow speed rock crawling, so the loss of the lockers wasn't a hard stop.

Also, I left foot brake when driving (helps fine-tune/control weight balance in corners at speed), and from what I understand, slight brake pressure when the differentials are slipping works at overcoming the lack of lockers.

Question, did you have any issues with the tailgate table? I have it sitting in my garage and have not attempted the install yet. I don't know if I feel comfortable drilling into the tailgate as the instructions state. Plus I've heard issues with the screws being too long and poking out the back.
After reading the same thing here, I was very careful with the install. I've gotten used to drilling into my F150 during his upgrades last year, so that part didn't bother me. But once the rivet hole was in place, I was careful to probe the depth of the tailgate (between inside and outside skin). I just stuck a small screwdriver in the hole, put my thumb where it hit max depth, and then compared that distance to the depth of the screw. There was actually a decent bit of extra clearance, so I'm honestly not sure why other people were having issues.

So , as a rookie , is there a particular channel on the cb used by the off road family?
FRS/GMRS channel 4 is often used, from what I understand. I personally only use the CB radio on channel 19 to monitor trucker conversations, especially useful when stuck on the highway in some random accident.

Did I miss the part about removing the rear seat belts? Any occupancy sensors that need dealing with, with the rear seat removal?
I was wondering about this as well, and if there are any airbags in the back seats?
Did you find any electrical sensors in the seats and if so....how did you deal with them?
Yes. The rear seat delete throws an airbag code due to a sensor failure. I was not able to reset this with my OBD2 consumer scanner. I'll have to go to a dealership at some point, or perhaps use Forscan if I ever get my hands on a Windows machine (or install an emulator).

Do they remove individually or together?
They come out individually, in two parts each (the lower seat portion comes out first, and then the backrest second).

What’s the difference with the 35s and 2.3? What’s the gearing?
how does the engine like the 35" tires with the non-sas stock 3.73 or 4.46 rear end?
The gearing is 4.46 with the manual.

The 35"s hurt acceleration a lot at lower speeds and RPMs. I can overcome a lot of this through (a) keeping entry RPMs for each shift point above 2k, (b) always driving above 2k, and (c) using sport mode around hills. The Bronco has a really nice sweet spot between 2.5k and 3.2k RPMs. I rarely put it into a gear (except on flat land cruise control) if the engine would drop below 1.8k. Anything under 1.5k is unusable.

I was wondering if you are able to lift the back for your Jack? or do you have to remove everything and have to lift the entire board up?
I abandoned the factory jack and tools inside that little compartment. With the lift and tires, the factory jack probably wouldn't work anyways. I have roadside assistance anways if something were to happen normally, and for offroad use I will either be in a group or I'll have a highlift jack & base that will actually be useful.

Other than the bolts it appears like a level transition from the area that was behind the seats to where the seats were. Did you do anything to level it out and cover the footwell or was it level all the way to the front seats?
It is a level transition. The plywood lies effectively flat on top of the factory carpet, as long as you drill those 4x holes to accomodate the seat bolts, and as long as you don't push the plywood too far forward (where there is a small bump up in the middle). After that, the floor dips down into the rear footwell area.

You get about 40" of usable length and 42" of width with the rear seats gone.

The flooring looks great, but 3/4" plywood?? How heavy is that!? And more importantly, what did it cost!
It's not super heavy. Half whatever a normal sheet weighs. I came into an inheritance of a few sheets earlier this year (pre-price-explosion), so I was lucky there.

The listed payload of the Base model is ~1400 lbs.

How many miles can you get on one tank of gas with those 35s? I’ve seen reports all over the place ranging from 250-300 miles.
I'm averaging about 18.5 mpg using 89 octane and driving reasonably. You can't really be sporty in the 35s anyways, so I just relax into going a little slower than normally.

WILL U B MY DAD? This is fantastic
Unfortunately, I already have a dog for the passenger seat side, but thank you for your interest. :)

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love the graphics, definitely getting those if I ever get a bronco.....

Lars31177

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Lincoln MKC, 2019 Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Silly question, are the crash bars those square tube pieces that extend into the wheel well?

Sponsored

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome job!!!
Congrats!!!!

The rear seat delete should be a factory option…. This totally changes the utility use of this vehicle…
It is also very much like the original Bronco as I always pull the rear seats out of my ‘75 to haul stuff around.

Again great job!!!

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio 99727CBB-3E73-4CD0-9AB7-083C285001AD

Ford Bronco 🦄 Modified my unicorn Base Bronco 2-Door: BFG A/T KO2, Upgraded Speakers, Rear Seat Delete, Sasquatch Flares, Stripes & CB Radio 63C9EB18-7BFD-40FF-A17D-37563044D8B2

Last edited:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure what the OP was refering to with the bass bockers? Did his original AM speakers not have a crossover? I'd assume the head unit wouldn't be sending full frequency to the factory 4" dash speakers in the forest place....
Maybe just super shitty speakers in the first purchase.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

great write up and a good read - enjoy the Bronco !

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, I already have a dog for the passenger seat side, but thank you for your interest. :)
This is awesome. You should update your original post with this Q&A So it’s not buried on the 10th page…. Just great stuff! Thanks again.

JoePostman

Badlands
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome upgrades and mods! Your bronco is coming along very nice.
Sponsored