Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

4 door auto only? Who goes out to the dunes for groceries?

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think a lot of people are under the impression, like a guy I spoke with yesterday, that making the switch guarantees an allocation and also MSRP pricing. I don't believe this to be true. In fact, I think a good amount that make the switch won't get a Raptor AND they will lose their original Bronco order ending up with nothing.

My local dealer stated that if I switch my reservation to a Raptor, there is a good chance I will get it from them if they get an allocation but at this time they will be charging a minimum $30k ADM on it.
Yeah, not a chance dealers don't put ADMs on the Raptors. My dealer is thankfully sticking to MSRP for order holders, but I 100% expect them to charge whatever ADM they want on Raptors - order/reservation or not - as it's a more limited "halo" model.

4 door auto only? Who goes out to the dunes for groceries?
The same crowd that caused Ford to drop the SuperCab F-150 Raptor - aka the majority of Raptor buyers.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think the base shape of the fender attachment points matches the Everglades - so perhaps those flare can be swapped in? They look squared off similarly. From the TFL video - the Raptor fenders are metal with that replaceable section being metal. No mention of them being easily removable like the standard Broncos though?
My bet is on the fenders being stamped with a recess for those big a** flares to mount flush against the body. I doubt there will be any interchanging.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guarantee you that is BS. We've heard them say that before. I'm betting that the big dealers / owners of GTs who want them will get them, existing reservations be damned.
Willing to bet that some dealers have employees or family members that are already reservation holders.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How many bronco raptors will be built for 22 model year? Has this been said?

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
To be honest I’m disappointed with the looks
They show how easy the rear quarters and front fenders can be removed.

So why didn’t they design new stamping to bring out body over tires and suspension ( because of popularity or demand they can get away with this and make killing on buyers)

Wheel flairs look like a rookie designer came up with it and slapped on some fixes.

Some aftermarket company needs to get working on fiberglass replacement rear quarters and fenders. To make this look right. IMO

Everything els looks like a home run.

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 🦖 2022 Bronco Raptor Official Reveal! Specs | Info | Wallpaper | Photos | Videos warthog.PNG

How did these "integrated mud flaps?" make it to final design?!
no kidding...that is the best they could come up with? I got the email, but those flaps are ugly enough to make me stay with my current reservation...maybe

jroy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Max
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have any info about the possibility of removing oneself from the "i'm interested" category? I wish i had waited until i heard from my dealer. After i heard its going to be a hefty ADM i hate to possibly miss a production pull since a lot of folks have probably shown interest and i'm assuming have been removed from the list pending a raptor decision.

Sponsored

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Bronco Raptor curb weight is 5,773 lbs, the F-150 Raptor curb weight is 5,969 lbs and the Jeep 392 curb weight is 5,103 lbs.

In order for the Bronco Raptor to have the same lbs/1 HP and lbs/ 1 ft lbs of torque ratio as the F-150 Raptor it needs to have 433 HP and 490 ft lbs of torque.

In order for the Bronco Raptor to have the same lbs/1 HP and lbs/1 ft lbs of torque ratio as the Jeep 392 it needs to have 528 HP and 528 ft lbs of torque.

I don't think there is any way it will beat the 392 Jeep; however, they could at least provide enough power to match the F-150 Raptor equivalence at 433 HP and 490 ft lbs of torque.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My bet is on the fenders being stamped with a recess for those big a** flares to mount flush against the body. I doubt there will be any interchanging.
Yeah, I'm guessing they're not removable in the same way the regular models have the tabs that can pop off.

To be honest I’m disappointed with the looks
They show how easy the rear quarters and front fenders can be removed.

So why didn’t they design new stamping to bring out body over tires and suspension ( because of popularity or demand they can get away with this and make killing on buyers)

Wheel flairs look like a rookie designer came up with it and slapped on some fixes.

Some aftermarket company needs to get working on fiberglass replacement rear quarters and fenders. To make this look right. IMO

Everything els looks like a home run.
It does have unique fenders.

The Bronco Raptor curb weight is 5,773 lbs and the F-150 Raptor curb weight is 5,969 lbs.

In order for the Bronco Raptor to have the same lbs/HP and lbs/torque ratio as the F-150 Raptor it needs to have 433 HP and 490 ft lbs of torque.

Do you guys think they will be able to meet or even exceed these numbers with that 3.0 or will it all be in the low 400s? If they want the Bronco Raptor to be the same power ratio as the F-150 Raptor then the minimum numbers need to be 433 HP and 490 ft lbs of torque. Hopefully they will tune the 3.0 engine to do something similar to this or even exceed these numbers. Otherwise in my opinion they dropped the ball on the engine choice.
F-150 Raptor has 450/510. I don't see Bronco Raptor getting quite that. Explorer ST gets 400/415. I could see them pushing it to 415/430 or something like that. We shall see.

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, not a chance dealers don't put ADMs on the Raptors. My dealer is thankfully sticking to MSRP for order holders, but I 100% expect them to charge whatever ADM they want on Raptors - order/reservation or not - as it's a more limited "halo" model.

The same crowd that caused Ford to drop the SuperCab F-150 Raptor - aka the majority of Raptor buyers.
If you want to know where your Bronco Raptor reservation stands relative to others please enter Bronco Reservation info here. https://forms.gle/ihfuuoN4EKUET5Ys9

BESKAR4

Badlands
First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have any info about the possibility of removing oneself from the "i'm interested" category? I wish i had waited until i heard from my dealer. After i heard its going to be a hefty ADM i hate to possibly miss a production pull since a lot of folks have probably shown interest and i'm assuming have been removed from the list pending a raptor decision.
ditto....
Sponsored