Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Door Basesquatch, Corvette C7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like either three forward facing cameras or special lighting above the front grille. Also, extra wide fender confirmed under the camo…
3ED2CC03-BC82-4370-912F-CF291F426FAB.jpeg
B965E83C-C8E7-4432-AD4D-F515EDDAEA6C.jpeg
I believe those are lights. And if I’m not mistaken there is some sort of standard that any vehicle wider than 80” are required to have those lights in the front (forgot what they’re called). Probably confirming the raptor will be wider than the regular bronco.
Sponsored

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
YOU KNOW WHAT! I'm getting F&%$ng tire of waiting for my WT Bronco, it's been about 1Y-7M, so I am thinking of checking out the new Tundra TRD PRO, maybe this is what FoMoCo wants from customers (get fed up of waiting and just say forget it) And about the dream on new Raptor Bronco, why does it have to say FORD, why not Bronco R or Raptor instead.... we all know that it is a ford....If you want a Raptor Bronco you might turn purple if you hold your breath for a 2022....

rbell2267

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What promises were made? We're we all promised a 2021 Bronco? I reserved much sooner than most and quit expecting a 2021 long ago. You still wouldn't have your Bronco if all work on Raptor had stopped.
promises were made that order banks would open up in October of last year and that didn’t happen. Then promises were made that we would have a build timeframe in May of this year and a 2021 truck. Just because they keep moving the goal post doesn’t mean that they haven’t broken promises. Every time they move the goal post it is because they can’t meet their commitments. And how do you know the work done on a Raptor version hasn’t added more work and therefore caused delays to an already stressed system? So now they claim they’re going to make 2022 Raptor Broncos, you can’t tell me that doesn’t effect the production of Broncos that were originally 2021 and are now slated for 2022. They’re upping the ante on a model year that is already behind schedule.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YOU KNOW WHAT! I'm getting F&%$ng tire of waiting for my WT Bronco, it's been about 1Y-7M, so I am thinking of checking out the new Tundra TRD PRO, maybe this is what FoMoCo wants from customers (get fed up of waiting and just say forget it) And about the dream on new Raptor Bronco, why does it have to say FORD, why not Bronco R or Raptor instead.... we all know that it is a ford....If you want a Raptor Bronco you might turn purple if you hold your breath for a 2022....
1 yr and almost 3 months since July 13 of 2020, However I get where you are at. Ford has done a lousy job with this launch and most of the headache could have been avoided. They had 4 years during R&D to get the tops right. They had a full year to scale to 50k vehicles for 2021 model year. This is on them.
Yes Ford will sell every Bronco they build.
Yes the Bronco was bringing over customers who never purchased or never wanted a Ford before. These are the people they pissed off and will never come back. This is million in lost opportunity to those who have money. Example, there’s a member here who ordered a Bronco and a 992 GT3(local dealer said the new GT3 is sold out for 7 years). Ask him who launched their product better? Yes both Porsche and Ford have to deal with the same market/chip/Econ conditions!

Opportunity lost by Ford!

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think part of the reason Ford released this is because GM is soon coming out with their GMC Hummer EV which is designed to handle 37s and has a crazy-powerful motor. This still can't compete with that, but from Ford's perspective at least it's news.

Seems like consensus is the engine will be roughly the same 3.0 ecoboost as the Explorer ST, so more hp (~400?), not really more torque (though the torque curve could have a wider plateau?). Too bad they can't add the PowerBoost transmission, as that could offer very useful low-end torque during rock crawling. Having a built-in generator might be nice for camping as well (though also kinda cheating a bit).

My impression of the angular fenders is that they work better than the round SAS ones with the larger 37" tires - it doesn't look as much like the tires are too big for the wheel wells. So I think that was a wise choice. The same design can scale upwards towards 40s as well with some additional lift.

Since the vehicle manufacturing (planning - development - production) process is a pipeline, I fully understand why Ford continued to work on the development of this while they were not shipping our Broncos. I wouldn't want them to lay off their design teams, nor does it make sense for their crash testers to be bolting on transmissions on the assembly lines. "That would be ridiculous" is a drastic understatement, and it still wouldn't solve any of the supply problems.

That said, this is not a normal year. The timing on this is a bit of a slap to everyone who expected a Bronco months ago, has a VIN, but does not yet have their truck and cannot apply their reservation to this instead. That has nothing to do with this, but rather with how Ford has handled the delayed vehicles. It is not the fault of the design teams that the production teams underdesigned the MIC tops or failed to procure a supply margin for critical single-source parts such as ECUs. Will Ford learn from this? We'll see.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming 2022?. Suuuuurrre.

Even if they are, how many of those will be delivered before those of us that reserved nearly a year and a half ago?

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TRD PRO is going to be a 7+ month wait too. The hybrids don’t hit production until next year.

username1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can we have a new B6G forum section where we can discuss Bronco news without rants and bitching about “muh order”?

It’s a shitty situation I get it, but some of y’all sound like the dude who can’t get over his shitty divorce and brings up his “whore ex-wife” every chance he gets. It’s making this place toxic and unpleasant.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Would be hilarious to watch this place implode on itself if they announced this as an electric only trim for the Bronco. They won't, but I'd enjoy the meltdown if they did.
I'm looking forward to the meltdown when all these "yes can't wait for the V8" bros discover there will, in fact, be no V8 Bronco.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The TRD PRO is going to be a 7+ month wait too. The hybrids don’t hit production until next year.
About the time when our first day reserved Broncos will get here….

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can we have a new B6G forum section where we can discuss Bronco news without rants and bitching about “muh order”?

It’s a shitty situation I get it, but some of y’all sound like the dude who can’t get over his shitty divorce and brings up his “whore ex-wife” every chance he gets. It’s making this place toxic and unpleasant.
No. @Ford Motor Company made this place toxic and unpleasant. If they had kept up their end we could be talking about trucks in our driveways instead of the wet dream we were promised with a "reservation" system that doesn't mean squat.

I realize I'm making your point, but I don't care. I'm tired of all the ford apologists, poor communications, and one of the largest car companies in the world not being able to deliver a simple product.

pfbz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Turbo, 991 Turbo S, 996 turbo, Q5 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Base
Woo Hoo!

More name confusion...
More name regurgitation...
Another Bronco vaportruck...

Meanwhile, zero progress on my first-24 hour-reservation 2-Door.

C'mon Ford, STOP spending time and energy on hype and keep your eye on the ball. Execution and delivery.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice strategic move Ford...
You have 100,000 high end orders coming out in 2022 with price locked at 2021 price. Yet the company faced a year of increased production costs due to supply side constaints and labor shortages. aka profit erosion...

How can you make a profit in 2022???

Get as many of those 100,000 to switch to a new model....at new 2022 prices... Brilliant!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.