Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Who bought the Vin 1 BRaptor?
I saw Rick Hendrick (Hendricks Motorsports) buy the new Vin 1 Z06 yesterday……..$1M……….charity also.
Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It is interesting how many people feel the need to come to the Raptor forum to shit on something that they supposedly have no interest in.

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
(Unpopular opinion below)

Best, unless you want the much better looking two door. The four door bronco design won’t age well. It really does look like a Ford Flex. Gag ugly, especially when they have those goofy soft tops that open like a hatch back.
I respect the fact that you preface with “opinion”. Bc it is exactly that. There is an equal amount of ppl (myself included) with the opinion that don’t like how the two door looks, almost like a roller skate. The sales figures would be an indication of that. But again, that is my original point…… looks are subjective. a lot of ppl, including the ones who are actually getting the raptor (myself included) that don’t find the fenders hideous at all. But you have all of these ppl, trying to discount the vehicle mechanically and calling it trash Bc they don’t like the fenders….. Which is not subjective, and I find it laughable.

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It is interesting how many people feel the need to come to the Raptor forum to shit on something that they supposedly have no interest in.
To be fair, when you sort by unread it shows raptor threads. It's the only reason I see them.

Sponsored

Eddienass

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Preach! It’s amazing! Lol And from my own experience…..I’ll be honest in saying that I was a bit envious when they debuted it shortly after my wife picked up her fully loaded sas obx 2.7. But I wasn’t on these forums trying to trash talk the raptor Bc of my feelings were hurt! Lol. Fortunately my own day 1 reservation turned into a golden ticket (with an upstanding dealership thankfully). Funny how things work out.

But to me, there is NO DOUBT a lot of these trash talkers are coming from a place of jealousy and envy. I’ve been a car guy all my life and have never gone out of my way to trash talk other vehicles! (even when I really don’t like them). Best believe a good amount of these ppl wouldn’t be on here talking their junk if they had a golden ticket. Not all, but a good amount.

Peppington

Outer Banks
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The fenders are objectively ugly lol. I had no intention of getting one either until I’ve seen a black one that can hide the issue. I’d also bank on a great aftermarket solution. Everything else about this though is great IMO

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Everyone likes different things. And thank goodness for different models and options.

I dont think they did a very good job with the braptor especially compared to the f150 and ranger. But I know there are a number of people that like it too. It looks too gimmicky and cheap to me for the $, but im sure I'll be crucified for saying anything. I've taken plenty of crap for my own Bronco and that's fine too, as we all have different tastes. But to hammer people for not liking something is being as big of a jack --- as those you feel are being overly critical of the product.

In the end we are bronco owner's and enthusiasts and should appreciate or respect each other's opinions and I'm just glad we have a Bronco to discuss and own again finally!!!

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Personally I dont like the Raptor fenders either, but everything else about the Raptor checks all the checkboxes on why I would get a Raptor over a BL. For an off road vehicle that I intend to actually use I dont care that much about overall appearance that is for sure. I have other cars for that.

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Everyone likes different things. And thank goodness for different models and options.

I dont think they did a very good job with the braptor especially compared to the f150 and ranger. But I know there are a number of people that like it too. It looks to gimmicky and cheap to me for the $, but im sure I'll be crucified for saying anything. I've taken plenty of crap for my own Bronco and that's fine too, as we all have different tastes. But to hammer people for not liking something is being as big of a jack --- as those you feel are being overly critical of the product.

In the end we are bronco owner's and enthusiasts and should appreciate or respect each other's opinions and I'm just glad we have a Bronco to discuss and own again finally!!!
It’s gimmicky and cheap for the money? It’s like $6k more than your FE, what did you get for difference you paid for the FE over a Badlands? Lots of us GT holders were trying for the FE also, that’s how we were in the position to get a Raptor, we just weren’t as lucky to be able to get through with the traffic the site was getting. I was a little salty about not getting one, we easily could have been in each other’s shoes now. Your opinion may have been a little different about the Raptor if you were the one who had been waiting so long.

Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s gimmicky and cheap for the money? It’s like $6k more than your FE, what did you get for difference you paid for the FE over a Badlands? Lots of us GT holders were trying for the FE also, that’s how we were in the position to get a Braptor, we just weren’t as lucky to be able to get through with the traffic the site was getting. I was a little salty about not getting one, we easily could have been in each other’s shoes now. Your opinion may have been a little different about the Raptor if you were the one who had been waiting so long.
No. I still wouldn't want the Raptor. But I'm glad it's an option for some of you all, especially those that got screwed out of their fes.

And I said it looks cheap and gimmicky. Don't like all the plastic all over it. I didn't say the vehicle was cheap and gimmicky, as it does have some nice upgrades. Also said we all like different things and not everyone likes my Bronco either.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s gimmicky and cheap for the money? It’s like $6k more than your FE, what did you get for difference you paid for the FE over a Badlands? Lots of us GT holders were trying for the FE also, that’s how we were in the position to get a Raptor, we just weren’t as lucky to be able to get through with the traffic the site was getting. I was a little salty about not getting one, we easily could have been in each other’s shoes now. Your opinion may have been a little different about the Raptor if you were the one who had been waiting so long.
Yup, I had 3 PCs and my phone going that night, I missed the boat and gave up about 11:30 pm, I woke up early and got one in, but by then the FE bank was long gone plus at the time I still felt the BL was a better deal so wasn't terribly concerned, Hindsight obviously FE was the better route, but then Ford pulled out the magic wand and granted a bunch of us Raptors instead so the wait is less painful to some point.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Unpopular opinion below)

Best, unless you want the much better looking two door. The four door bronco design won’t age well. It really does look like a Ford Flex. Gag ugly, especially when they have those goofy soft tops that open like a hatch back.
Amen! Also, great taste in toys! 🍻
Sponsored