Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find that it is not that you are a special as you think when you find a parking companion. Pouring down rain today, parked on the far side of the home center lot for no real reason other than just not being in a hury. On my return I was paired with a Pathfinder. There were literally hundreds of open spaces closer to the store entrance. Do I think this is some sort of kismet or vindictive malice? No people just park randomly. Your not as special as you think you are. Rant over.
20220704_114242.jpg
I never said nor implied I felt special. Whatever. I'm glad you found a parking buddy, though.
Sponsored

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said nor implied I felt special. Whatever. I'm glad you found a parking buddy, though.
I wasn't trying to be offensive, I just had to laugh at the 7 pages of people taking such offense to being parked next to, like there is some sort of deeper meaning to it all. It's just a carpark.

Reactions: Jdc
OP
OP
66GT

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't trying to be offensive, I just had to laugh at the 7 pages of people taking such offense to being parked next to, like there is some sort of deeper meaning to it all. It's just a carpark.
No offense taken.

By the process of elimination, you will eventually come down to a small subset of the population who are the most annoying people that have ever parked a car. Some are blissfully ignorant of that status, as it probably comes naturally. Some are deliberately and maliciously honing their assholery with how they impose on other parkers.

As we go about our daily lives, we will eventually find ourselves in the same parking lot. On some days, you will be the one they decide to victimize with some form of bullshit that either inconveniences you... or puts your vehicle at risk for being damaged. Those days suck. Having a minivan park 8 inches from my passenger door is a real-world example of that. That's what this post is about.

Cheers.

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Back in people are annoying when it's clearly not necessary to back in and they block traffic to do it. I get it for 1st responders, but don't get why some back no matter what.
My company has a policy that if you're traveling for work, or at work etc that you MUST back in. The theory behind it is 100% sound. "First move forward". When you back out you're vision is obscured, and you don't see as much. When you're pulling forward you see a lot more and it's a lot safer. Backing in is second nature for me. I either back in, or pull through if I have to. Most of the time it's back in though because you can't pull through a handicap space.

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I find that it is not that you are a special as you think when you find a parking companion. Pouring down rain today, parked on the far side of the home center lot for no real reason other than just not being in a hury. On my return I was paired with a Pathfinder. There were literally hundreds of open spaces closer to the store entrance. Do I think this is some sort of kismet or vindictive malice? No people just park randomly. Your not as special as you think you are. Rant over.
20220704_114242.jpg
There are people who park like a$$holes and people who park straight & centered. It appears from your photo that the person who parked next to you parked straight & centered too. Parked with reasonable room between the vehicles and in no way encroached on your space and even parked facing out (backed in/drove through) like you.

They probably felt safer parking next to a fellow driver who parked straight & centered and saw safety in parking near you.

Some times people are a$$holes, i.e. minivan 8 inches from vehicle and other times, they may just be looking to park near some else that KNOWS how to park straight & centered. If parked next to me in that manner I still laugh/trip out sometimes at the fact that they choose to park far away and next to me. But, if they are centered in their spot I then try to look at it as extra protection from that minivan driver....

BUT, that doesn't mean I always see it that way when I walk up on it, I have to remind myself to look at the intention; close and or crooked or centered and straight.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Took my daughter out to breakfast this morning. There was a little bit of shade before we went in to eat. As we were heading in the little old lady parked to my right with two canes was leaving. Before she left she complimented and said “pretty car”.

After dining we returned to this…
Ford Bronco 🧲 Really?!?  Bronco is a effin magnet. 1657721524309

Ford Bronco 🧲 Really?!?  Bronco is a effin magnet. 1657721648079

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Photos of people parking close to the line because of who or what or how a car is parked next to them, show just how shortsighted people are too. What happens when that Porsche leaves? Now the next person has that car to deal with them and most times the space goes unused even.

I'll come back to my motorcycle (full size w/bags) parked in a spot and usually a minivan or soccer mom suv or etc. is parked right on the line next to my bike because my bike takes up less space. What about the next guy or gal?

Maybe I leave just a minute or two after they arrive but they're there for a long time having lunch and shopping, and now that space is less desirable and they just look like bad drivers.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Photos of people parking close to the line because of who or what or how a car is parked next to them, show just how shortsighted people are too. What happens when that Porsche leaves? Now the next person has that car to deal with them and most times the space goes unused even.
I've seen this with several vehicles being affected. It's like hanging the first sheet of wallpaper crooked.

Sponsored

Reese

Badlands
First Name
Reese 💁🏻‍♀️🇨🇦
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Lux 2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I parked far away and by myself.

20220630_140909.jpg

I come back out 10 min later to this?!? For f**k's sake.

Edit. The whole row was trees and shade. I parked furthest away. Lots of shady spots closer to the door. 😑
I feel your frustration trust me!!! You aren’t alone!!! I hate it!!

I truly don’t even understand it, it’s almost as bad as not returning the cart to the corral!!!!

The parking lot is empty!!!! Park elsewhere!

Yet they deliberately choose to park right next to you. I just don’t get that phenomena, and that white vehicle isn’t even parked in between the center of the park lines 🤪 ??? “Oh, let’s just get a little closer to the Bronco.” Or any vehicle for that matter!! SMH. 🤦🏻‍♀️😑🙄

PEOPLE…use your brain! Give people their space and use some respect!!! If you see a vehicle parked alone, leave them alone!

Same as the fuel pump unspoken rule! Give respect.

Someone please explain this craziness to me!?

~Reese

Last edited:

Bronco_montana

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

I truly don’t even understand it, it’s almost as bad as not returning the cart to the corral!!!!

Yet they deliberately choose to park right next to you. I just don’t get that phenomena, and that white vehicle isn’t even parked in between the centre of the park lines 🤪 ??? “Oh, let’s just get a little closer to the Bronco.”

~Reese
Looks like they were all after the shade. I go for shade too- it’s a thing.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Yet they deliberately choose to park right next to you. I just don’t get that phenomena, and that white vehicle isn’t even parked in between the centre of the park lines 🤪 ??? “Oh, let’s just get a little closer to the Bronco.” Or any vehicle for that matter!! SMH. 🤦🏻‍♀️😑🙄

PEOPLE…use your brain! Give people their space and use some respect!!! If you see a vehicle parked alone, leave them alone!

Same as the fuel pump unspoken rule! Give respect.

~Reese
There's two types of people who park next to cars that have obviously been parked alone and out of the way.

The first are blind followers. These are the people who have no idea what they're doing in life. They see a car parked and just pull in without a thought. "Oh, guess you park here!" These are the same people who will line up 3 deep at the carwash with two empty bays next to them, stack up in one lane at an intersection and screw up the whole flow of traffic, or get in a long checkout line when there's an empty one two rows over. No think, only follow.

The others are the jealous assholes who deliberately park next to solo vehicles because they get hopping mad at the thought that you think you're special. These people genuinely think "why's this guy think he's so special he needs to park far away like he's gotta protect his ride". These people will 99% of the time drive utter junk, and they are doing it out of jealousy and spite.

I suppose there's technically a small subset of people who do it because they are a like minded enthusiast who feels safe parking next to another nice car, but this group is pretty rare in the wild.

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like they were all after the shade. I go for shade too- it’s a thing.
Didn't read the entire thread, but this is how I read the situation as well.

I suppose there's technically a small subset of people who do it because they are a like minded enthusiast who feels safe parking next to another nice car, but this group is pretty rare in the wild.
We also usually leave a space in between said nice cars.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If I see a Bronco I'll park next to it. Kind of as a show to say "don't worry, I'm not dinging your doors".
Sponsored