First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One question for the @Bestop_Team or anyone else with experience. Do you have to remove the rear bracket attached to the hard top in order to reinstall the factory panels??

Guessing the answer is "yes", but would be nice for some confirmation to save myself some time.
@RagnarKon yes, the rear bracket needs to be removed in order to reinstall the factory panels.
~Crystal@Bestop
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I know you just launched this but before I buy, any chance you will make in tan? Or even more slate/gray to match clam shell MIC?
@BRKOBILLY2 unfortunately there are no plans to make the Skyrider in any other color, black diamond or black twill will be the only color options, I apologize.
~Crystal@Bestop

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One question for the @Bestop_Team or anyone else with experience. Do you have to remove the rear bracket attached to the hard top in order to reinstall the factory panels??

Guessing the answer is "yes", but would be nice for some confirmation to save myself some time.
Good question, since I too am contemplating switching to the HT occasionally, requiring the removal of the "Skyrider." The video seems to indicate that those brackets are removed, and that the Hardtop bracket is reinstalled. You referring to the small bracket installed over the forward center rear cap bracket? Will be interesting to see how good I get at the switch!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good question, since I too am contemplating switching to the HT occasionally, requiring the removal of the "Skyrider." The video seems to indicate that those brackets are removed, and that the Hardtop bracket is reinstalled. You referring to the small bracket installed over the forward center rear cap bracket? Will be interesting to see how good I get at the switch!
I was referring to the small bracket on the rear cap.

Asking largely to see what the feasibility was of switching back and forth. You can do most of the installation/removal solo, but the rear portion of the hard top is just really unwieldy to handle by yourself. It's possible for sure, but there is definitely a fair amount of "this could go really bad if I screw up."

Probably not a huge problem for most people cause you can just have someone help you. But both of my kids are under the age of 8, and my wife is only 4'11". So all of my helpers are vertically challenged.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Asking largely to see what the feasibility was of switching back and forth. You can do most of the installation/removal solo, but the rear portion of the hard top is just really unwieldy to handle by yourself. It's possible for sure, but there is definitely a fair amount of "this could go really bad if I screw up."

Probably not a huge problem for most people cause you can just have someone help you. But both of my kids are under the age of 8, and my wife is only 4'11". So all of my helpers are vertically challenged.
I just put up an installation video where I did the Skyrider install solo, but I have a toplift for the clamshell. That clamshell bracket is really the only "gotcha" from keeping this a simple swap back and forth for those of us who work alone lol.

Bestop Skyrider - Installation Video and Review - ✅ | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed. I got so I could remove the midpanel alone, with a blanket for sliding and side to side shimmying. And yes, i never have removed the rear cap so thats a new challenge for me, I guess thats why we're all "here", we're the RearCapLove Club!

I just ordered my Skyrider, off to a new Bronco Accessory Adventure! I used to store the midpanel on the rear rack, won't have to do that anymore!

SmartSelect_20221229_003401_Photo Editor.jpg

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have a couple of questions here (from a very happy 2 door Sunrider owner):
1) Any recommendation for how to wash it? Will a Auto Car Wash damage it somehow?
2) Any plan to develop a fully retractable top for the 2 door Bronco?
Thanks

OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

@Ragnark
Have a couple of questions here (from a very happy 2 door Sunrider owner):
1) Any recommendation for how to wash it? Will a Auto Car Wash damage it somehow?
2) Any plan to develop a fully retractable top for the 2 door Bronco?
Thanks
@Vladytom first I'm happy to hear that you're a happy 2 door Sunrider owner!!
20_f.png
To answer your questions ... you can take your Bronco with the Sunrider for Hardtop on it, through a touchless car wash, it won't damage it! A fully retractable top for the 2 door Bronco is a current topic of discussion right now!
20_f.png

~Crystal@Bestop

Vladytom

Badlands
First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Maverick XLT, Mazda CX5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ragnark

@Vladytom first I'm happy to hear that you're a happy 2 door Sunrider owner!!
Ford Bronco 🪛 Bestop Skyrider Installation Video is HERE!! 20_f
To answer your questions ... you can take your Bronco with the Sunrider for Hardtop on it, through a touchless car wash, it won't damage it! A fully retractable top for the 2 door Bronco is a current topic of discussion right now!
Ford Bronco 🪛 Bestop Skyrider Installation Video is HERE!! 20_f

~Crystal@Bestop
Thanks, Crystal@Bestop for your prompt response.
The day you anounce the release of the fully retractable top, I'll send you the money (hope this helps speeding up the development;))

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks, Crystal@Bestop for your prompt response.
The day you anounce the release of the fully retractable top, I'll send you the money (hope this helps speeding up the development;))
@Vladytom you're most welcome! Thank you!

Jo8n

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser [sold]
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This video seems great. I didn't watch the whole thing since I already installed mine but I like how it follows the sections in the instructions very clearly.

Nicely done video and what a great product.

FLEverglades

Everglades
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
@Bestop_Team my Skyrider leaks where the seal and hardtop meet on the passenger side. All the hardware is tight and everything is lined up. Feels like a bubble at the seal point, as light comes through and you can press down and hear a pop noise. I’ve pulled it back and double checked all to make sure everything was tight and secure. You can see the images/video below. Recommendations other than returning it? Thanks

IMG_4724.jpeg

IMG_4716.jpeg

IMG_4718.jpeg

OP
OP
Bestop_Team

Bestop_Team

First Edition
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Bestop_Team my Skyrider leaks where the seal and hardtop meet on the passenger side. All the hardware is tight and everything is lined up. Feels like a bubble at the seal point, as light comes through and you can press down and hear a pop noise. I’ve pulled it back and double checked all to make sure everything was tight and secure. You can see the images/video below. Recommendations other than returning it? Thanks

Ford Bronco 🪛 Bestop Skyrider Installation Video is HERE!! IMG_4718

@FLEverglades Can you send these pictures to me in an email so I can share them with QA and help you get this fixed. [email protected]
~Crystal@Bestop