BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Undecided
If a device that changes nothing but throttle response shaved a second off the 0-60 times I'll eat my hat. If that were the case, drag cars would have toggle switches for throttles. You sound like a salesman. You got any of them intake turbinators that swirl the incoming gases and give you another 3 mpg laying around?
Never said SBV3 shaved 1 second off 0-60 times. Just said it would potentially help you drop a full second off if on a RACE TRACK...not a drag strip. It kicks ass. Simple but effective. If you like to drive you will appreciate its value. Try it out. Or dont. Doesnt matter to me.
Advertisement

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Bronco
Undecided
Never said SBV3 shaved 1 second off 0-60 times. Just said it would potentially help you drop a full second off if on a RACE TRACK...not a drag strip. It kicks ass. Simple but effective. If you like to drive you will appreciate its value. Try it out. Or dont. Doesnt matter to me.
But I will say on a drag strip SBV3 would give you a faster launch off the line via throttle response time. You can dial in which setting hooks up best off the line and then ur good to go.

ChetC

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Bronco
Black Diamond
Never said SBV3 shaved 1 second off 0-60 times. Just said it would potentially help you drop a full second off if on a RACE TRACK...not a drag strip.
You sure about that?

334EEA22-9C78-4351-A7DB-846F78E6D232.jpeg

Last edited:

JoeSpeed

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Bronco
Undecided
I read that one earlier today and it made me happy. This line especially.

"Two hundred miles of stop-and-go traffic had us wishing for a restroom but never an automatic."
Bet.

Drove to Pittsburgh with my ex in April, 300+ miles in her Hyundai Santa Fe and really wish I had a stick, even during the rush hour

traffic isnt forever, but choosing auto over stick basically is

WuNgUn

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door is over 200Lbs heavier than my 2 door... And Roland has gotta be over 200Lbs! With an automatic, I'll be perfectly happy with a 2.3L acceleration 👍🏻

AZshot

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

I gotta tell you, I recently drove a 2.3 L manual(Badlands)and an 2.3L auto(big bend). ... To the point where the 2.3L auto was much peppier and fun to drive. Yes I have owned many manuals in the past. In short, this reminded me of my old 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. ...
To each their own, but I think those saying the 2.3 manual is enough power are just convincing themselves they made the right choice. To each their own. It's gutless.

Mike
I think the people that say they know how to drive a manual are fooling themselves. If "the 2.3L auto was much peppier and fun to drive" I feel sorry for your idea of what "fun" is. And if a 10 second 0-60 in a Subaru with 148 HP feels like a 7.5 second 300 HP Bronco, you might want to recalibrate your seat of the pants.

Last edited:

AZshot

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Bronco
Big Bend
Clubs

My daughter just bought a 2010 Rav4 Limited with the 269 horsepower V6, normally aspirated engine. These and known to be "sleeper" speedsters that will blow away a lot of sports sedans, will do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. We both tested acceleration when buying it, and I wasn't that impressed. It's an automatic of course. But I had not read up on them, and didn't know how fast they are. The point is - it didn't feel super fast, just decent. It's all subjective. But if you had a lot of cars beside you trying to keep up, you'd be pulling away. Back to the Bronco, 2.3 engine and manual. Almost every other person that drives one comments about how fun the shifting is, how smooth the clutch is. Most say the power feels "adequate" or "good." This is how most vehicles felt to me the past 30 years. I have seldom if ever been in something that feels like it's got a "Lot" or "Amazing" power. But I don't drive Corvettes, 700 HP trucks, or 200 HP motorcycles. I do know shifting is more fun, and feels like you're going faster than you are....to 99.9% of the population.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Bronco
Badlands
Agree with AZShot. Few automatics - aside from high dollar vehicles - are ever 'fun' to drive whereas nearly every manual is. 'Peppy' automatic is basically a jumbo shrimp...or a large midget.

Advertisement

Holley (Ford Fest banner)
Advertisement