Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all cool but I'm not buying a Bronco to drag race
When you have only 800 - 1000 feet from a dead stop to get to freeway speeds of 80mph+, you need good acceleration. Level of off-road prowess won't matter when I cant match the speed of interstate traffic and get ran over by an 18 wheeler. Acceleration is certainly one thing that staggered me on this, especially after hearing from F-150 owners about how fast their trucks were. Approximate 8.1 0-60 with the 2.7L and 10 speed is stupid slow by today's standards. This is going to be my daily, and I don't want to have to drive around constantly with my foot to the floor just to keep up with traffic.

stras27

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure you all will correct me if I am wrong but weren't both 0-60 videos using manual? If that is the case you would think that the auto would at least be good for a half second to a second faster. If that is the case I am not going to get hung up on the 8sec time. Does anyone that took delivery want to run a 2.7 auto through a test and report back?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is all cool but I'm not buying a Bronco to drag race
Exactly! These 0-60 tests of a Ford Bronco are about as meaningless as rock-crawling tests of a Volkswagen Golf. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

you're right. put in a v8 with barely more power and it'll be all good. /sarcasm
Depends on the 8, but I never said v8....but the 2.7 v6 is a better option, IMO....and the 3.5 tuned would make it scream.

maybe I am just spoiled with my v6... lol

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If I remember correctly this unit was broken in. Ford usually puts quite a few miles on them before they hand them over.

And just to clarify we used a GPS performance timer called a SOLO for that quick test.
You think you would verify this to make it an "official" test before broadcasting the test on YouTube? I suspect a derated bronco would suffer, especially in a 0-60.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Depends on the 8, but I never said v8....but the 2.7 v6 is a better option, IMO....and the 3.5 tuned would make it scream.
ok, but is the 4 really that bad? i'm sure with a slight tune, you could up the power quite a bit. but for every day, with all that torque, it's plenty. if you are racing the bronco, i'm sure you're going to wait for the warthog or just tune the 2.7 with the 5 star tune and get almost 400hp.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You think you would verify this to make it an "official" test before broadcasting the test on YouTube? I suspect a derated bronco would suffer, especially in a 0-60.
TMZ Automotive never think first… they just post for raw clicks. :rolleyes:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s no way the 2.7 is that slow.
I guessed 6 seconds in my review unofficially, one of the publications gave an estimate of mid to high 5’s.

The 2.7 is very fast for what it is. Very very few people are going to complain and I can guarantee that guy is 100% full of it. He was using 3/4 pedal or something.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guessed 6 seconds in my review unofficially, one of the publications gave an estimate of mid to high 5’s.

The 2.7 is very fast for what it is. Very very few people are going to complain and I can guarantee that guy is 100% full of it. He was using 3/4 pedal or something.
I wonder if there is validity to the people who are saying Ford tunes these to be restricted for the 1st 1000 miles. Does anyone know that to be a fact with Ford vehicles in general?

@Nickp, In your driving, did you feel handicapped not having Sport mode?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless atmospheric conditions are specified including windspeed and direction, I declare this 0-60 test invalid! Did I also hear that there might be an incline?! I will also need to know how full the gas tank is, what octane and supplier and if any additives have been introduced within the last 1000 miles. Additionally, luggage weight and both vehicle occupant weights will need to be determined along with what they had for breakfast and how their morning constitutional went. Once all that has been established, we can move into phase 2.

Last edited:

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

5000 lbs and a 4 cylinder....who thought that wa a good idea? lol
Jeep when they offered the 2.0t on the Wrangler before the Bronco even debuted. And people said that was better than the 2.3l on the Bronco. I'd rather have a 4 cylinder with tuning capability vs a V6 with none (referring to the pentastar).
Sponsored