First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Town and country Ford just dropped a YouTube video yesterday and he was critical of the b&o. I like their channel because it doesn’t seem like they hold back on things that they don’t like.
If the B&O is that bad, imagine what the non-upgraded system sounds like.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It's a shame Ford didn't put any effort into making the 5.0 V8 work as it would be perfect for the Bronco.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the B&O is that bad, imagine what the non-upgraded system sounds like.
Probably like ass. I see a lot of the people saying I’m not buying this to drag race. Where is the people saying I’m not buying this for the radio.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m detecting a pattern here with these YouTube reviews…..inconsistency.

It’s like watching CNN news, then switching to FOX news. They may be reviewing the same story, but you certainly couldn’t tell it from the commentary.

One says the speakers suck, another says they sound great. One says there’s not enough rear seat leg room, another says there’s plenty. One says the IFS rides no better than the Jeep SFA, another says it’s amazing. One says the 2dr is hard to climb into, another says it’s easy. One says the dash/interior looks and feels cheap, another says it’s nice and as expected.

I give up. It’s hard enough buying a vehicle sight unseen without all these varying opinions on every feature. I’ll just have to get the damn thing and make up my own mind.

LIKEABOSS

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m detecting a pattern here with these YouTube reviews…..inconsistency.

It’s like watching CNN news, then switching to FOX news. They may be reviewing the same story, but you certainly couldn’t tell it from the commentary.

On says the speakers suck, another says they sound great. One says there’s not enough rear seat leg room, another says there’s plenty. One says the IFS rides no better than the Jeep SFA, another says it’s amazing. One says the 2dr is hard to climb into, another says it’s easy. One says the dash/interior looks and feels cheap, another says it’s nice and as expected.

I give up. It’s hard enough buying a vehicle sight unseen without all these varying opinions on every feature. I’ll just have to get the damn thing and make up my own mind.
That's because reviews are subjective especially around audio where people have different tastes. Also the size of reviewer impacts how the seats feel, room, etc. So many variables so it's best to follow reviewers with similar tastes to you and ultimately try it out for yourself when able.

Last edited:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still gonna be fun as hell rowing that beast around

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you have only 800 - 1000 feet from a dead stop to get to freeway speeds of 80mph+, you need good acceleration. Level of off-road prowess won't matter when I cant match the speed of interstate traffic and get ran over by an 18 wheeler. Acceleration is certainly one thing that staggered me on this, especially after hearing from F-150 owners about how fast their trucks were. Approximate 8.1 0-60 with the 2.7L and 10 speed is stupid slow by today's standards. This is going to be my daily, and I don't want to have to drive around constantly with my foot to the floor just to keep up with traffic.
It's not slower than a loaded up 18 wheeler. So if semi trucks can merge into the freeway from that ramp without issue, you will be too. If it's that much of a concern, changed your build for a lighter weight trim with the 2.7 auto or get something more freeway focused like an explorer

BroncoChris

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Overall TFL and many others giving positive reviews, except for the radio. This is the 2nd review I saw where even the premium B&O system did not rate well.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's because reviews are subjective especially around audio where people have different tastes. Also the size of reviewer impacts how the seats feel, room, etc. So many variables so it's best to follow reviewers with similar tastes to you and ultimate try it out for yourself when able.
I suppose, subjective and some bias too I imagine. The size of the reviewer isn’t even relative to the legroom opinions. One guy will be 6’4, and say there’s plenty of room and a guy 5’11 is cramped. And they act like the disparity between legroom in the 2dr vs. the 4dr is so vast and noticeable that it should be a primary consideration, when my understanding is the difference is 6 tenths of an inch.

It would be interesting to run the 2dr WT (w/o armor and steel bumpers) 0-60 time with the 2.7 in Sport Mode as a comparison.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guessed 6 seconds in my review unofficially, one of the publications gave an estimate of mid to high 5’s.

The 2.7 is very fast for what it is. Very very few people are going to complain and I can guarantee that guy is 100% full of it. He was using 3/4 pedal or something.
The fastest Bronco will be a 2 door base with the 2.7L and 10 speed auto. Lightest weight and smallest 30” tires for the win.

This test is a Badlands 4 door rolling on 285/70R17 (32.8”) tires. The 4.7 gears do help, but compared to the base on small tires with 4.46 it’s like having a 4.1 ratio. The 4.7 with 285/70R17 is very close to the Black Diamond gearing of 4.46 with 265/70R17 tires.

Ford Bronco 0-60 mph test for 2.3L Bronco with 7-speed manual by TFL 5917C429-FDFC-45C2-AF20-80A15DC9AFF3

dave91gt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 1991 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX, 2018 Wrangler JLU, 1998 Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a 3.6 Wrangler JLU with a Mopar lift and 315's. Its a Sahara so 3.42 gears. I haven't checked the 0-60 but honestly, with the 8 speed, it doesn't do terrible from a dead stop. It will actually spin the 315's (not crazy- but will turn them over). Where it suffers horribly is on the interstate. Yes it has power on tap but you gotta just let it downshift. In WV, it stays in 5th and 6th a lot and will cruise 7th on the flat. 8th is non existent. The N/A nature coupled with the super low 1st gear made a huge difference over the same engine and the old transmission. Without a sec to build boost from a dead stop on either Bronco, its possible the 3.6 would get the jump. But having driven both a 2.3 in a Ranger and a 2.7 in an F150, by the time it gets moving, its over. The torque of either engine is what's needed to keep these heavy things moving and unlabored. I'm not shocked with these times if these journalists aren't building at least a little boost at launch. Ford has so much torque management built in, it may seem lethargic at the initial hit. A tune will soon fix that. Ford even offers one for the Ranger. Watch some TFL videos on various drag tests. When they brake boost any ecoboost or diesel, they launch like gangbusters compared to just a flat foot launch. Better yet- go watch the video they have with a 5Star tuned Ranger. It completely woke that little engine up. It was dramatic. If your not happy with it, tuning will fix it. But we are just now getting some reviews and it'll take awhile for things to settle and see real world testing. Ill be the first to say this- but i bet a tuned 2.7 will give a 392 Wrangler a good run.
And I'm tired of hearing the fuel mileage complaints. Our Wrangler on 315's averages 14-15 mpg. The Jeep is no better in real world than what the Bronco is rated at.
We don't buy these things for mpg. At least we don't buy ones with lifts and 35's.
Sponsored