Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They most definitely are. The 10R60 torque rating is barely high enough to handle the 2.7L engine. That’s one of the main reasons why I switched to a 2.3L engine.
I found an explanation from a Ford Engineer in this thread.

Ahhh, I thought you looked familiar, CheddarFromGeorgia. that was that one thread that had screenshots from a mysterious un-named ford engineer that was privy to everything, right?

I fixed the screenshot and highlighted the important bits for you:

Ford Bronco 0-60 mph test for 2.3L Bronco with 7-speed manual by TFL 1625003616655

Also, making sure about Nm vs lb/ft is a *big* deal, as it's not like 100Nm is a 1:1 conversion to lb/ft. Just on 'numbers' alone, they differ by about 25%.

Any engineer worth their salt is going to *know*. They won't "forget which is which" or "not know"
Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ahhh, I thought you looked familiar, CheddarFromGeorgia. that was that one thread that had screenshots from a mysterious un-named ford engineer that was privy to everything, right?

I fixed the screenshot and highlighted the important bits for you:

1625003616655.png

Also, making sure about Nm vs lb/ft is a *big* deal, as it's not like 100Nm is a 1:1 conversion to lb/ft. Just on 'numbers' alone, they differ by about 25%.

Any engineer worth their salt is going to *know*. They won't "forget which is which" or "not know"
Give me about 20 minutes while I try and decipher what the hell you’re saying! 🤣😂

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have the TFL link that talks about the B&O review?

Sponsored

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guy's

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice to see and hear the manual in action, thanks for sharing. And thank you @TFLtruck for the week of reviews!

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the video, thanks for sharing it here (y)

I think they were totally fair in their commentaries, I actually think Andre is being won over by the Bronco. They both said good and bad things about it and both commented that they liked the acceleration it had.

Everybody who has driven the Bronco has commented on its peppiness, I don't get all the concern.
😎👍 ur welcome.

I agree, I always think of Andre being pretty cool.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mods will fix things; Intercooler+Charge Pipes, Downpipes, Tune, CAI are just enough to turn things around.

Short Shifters also help, and maybe lighter but just as durable rims.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mods will fix things; Intercooler+Charge Pipes, Downpipes, Tune, CAI are just enough to turn things around.

Short Shifters also help, and maybe lighter but just as durable rims.
😎👍Short shifters are top on my list for manuals.

I remember I went to a Toyota lot once to see an eclipse manual cause they had a decent price used one, and they bait and switched me ... (... or just baited me) it wasn't there.

I was walking away and the sales person was throwing how many Toyota at me, "how bout this or that Toyota brand new".

🤣👍... was about gone when he said we have a corolla manual (this was years ago when the corolla didn't have the refresh it has now).
I was like, 🤔 hmm would be an interesting test drive (a non exciting one, but interesting).

🙃👍 OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS, the shift throw on that was soon long; I guess to make up for the lack of power ... "red line it, when u upshift you'll be in the correct shift point 🤣".

😎👍 ... in any case I do like a short shift mod in the top 5.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is unrelated to the topic of the thread, but this isn't the first review that is critical of the B&O sound system. In each of the critiques with the B&O, it is with the 4-dr. Has anyone found a critique of the B&O in a 2-dr? With the rear speakers and sub closer (15.6"), it stands to reason that it would be a better sounding system in the 2-dr.
Tommy is a Jeep boy and all he can talk about is the B pillar on the Jeep and how it has speakers. I'll take open air all day long.

OP
OP
JDisFlip

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tommy is a Jeep boy and all he can talk about is the B pillar on the Jeep and how it has speakers. I'll take open air all day long.
🤔 and like mentioned here before ... what about that "heyyyyyyy jeep is countering fords sasquatch with their extreme package for (only?) the wrangler Rubicon..." smack day in the middle of their video for the Bronco.

🤣

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

🤔 and like mentioned here before ... what about that "heyyyyyyy jeep is countering fords sasquatch with their extreme package for (only?) the wrangler Rubicon..." smack day in the middle of their video for the Bronco.

🤣
The prosecution rests.
Sponsored