Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Launching it at about 2500-3000 RPM instead of punching it from a standstill should knock off half- to a full second off the 0-60 time too; the turbo(s) need to be spooled up.
this is so true. Test drove a 2.3 manual today and it was gutless up until 2500 rpm. Rush hour traffic took a bit of getting used to for darting between lanes. The 2.3/manual is a quick rev’er once the Bebe turbski kicks in. I hit the rev limiter a few times without even trying. It pulled hard all the way to it though.

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our test truck's 2.3-liter inline-four churns out 300 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque. That's more than enough for casual driving, especially if you stay in the boost. But revved to the redline through the gears, the four got the Bronco to 60 mph in 7.0 seconds and ran the quarter-mile in 15.5 seconds.

Car and driver review

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our test truck's 2.3-liter inline-four churns out 300 horsepower and 325 pound-feet of torque. That's more than enough for casual driving, especially if you stay in the boost. But revved to the redline through the gears, the four got the Bronco to 60 mph in 7.0 seconds and ran the quarter-mile in 15.5 seconds.

Car and driver review
I read that one earlier today and it made me happy. This line especially.

"Two hundred miles of stop-and-go traffic had us wishing for a restroom but never an automatic."

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Love my 2.3 I4 MT badlands. Added a sprint booster to it today, which shaved about a second off 0-60 time thanks to faster throttle response time and higher rev balance in between up-shifts.

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Car and driver review
Clutch dropping at 5K to achieve . Not recommended.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

mikedege

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I gotta tell you, I recently drove a 2.3 L manual(Badlands)and an 2.3L auto(big bend). Both were non squach. I've also driver the 2.7 a while ago. I have a BD 2.7 non-squach on order. The reason I drove the BL manual was because I had a chance to purchase it, with full expectations I would. Unfortunately after my drive there is no way I would ever purchase this. It was painfully slow. To the point where the 2.3L auto was much peppier and fun to drive. Yes I have owned many manuals in the past. In short, this reminded me of my old 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. So gutless, it made me sell it. Out of all the power options in the Bronco, I would choose 2.7, then 2.4 auto. I would never consider this manual and it saddens me, I was hoping to have it in my garage today. 😓

To each their own, but I think those saying the 2.3 manual is enough power are just convincing themselves they made the right choice. To each their own. It's gutless.

Mike

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I gotta tell you, I recently drove a 2.3 L manual(Badlands)and an 2.3L auto(big bend). Both were non squach. I've also driver the 2.7 a while ago. I have a BD 2.7 non-squach on order. The reason I drove the BL manual was because I had a chance to purchase it, with full expectations I would. Unfortunately after my drive there is no way I would ever purchase this. It was painfully slow. To the point where the 2.3L auto was much peppier and fun to drive. Yes I have owned many manuals in the past. In short, this reminded me of my old 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. So gutless, it made me sell it. Out of all the power options in the Bronco, I would choose 2.7, then 2.4 auto. I would never consider this manual and it saddens me, I was hoping to have it in my garage today. 😓

To each their own, but I think those saying the 2.3 manual is enough power are just convincing themselves they made the right choice. To each their own. It's gutless.

Mike
Thanks for the honest review… I thought the wildtrak was underpowered with severe lag when I drove one.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mike
We have completely opposite experiences, it seems.

I picked up my BL 2.3 Manual yesterday and it has plenty of pull. It's not going to hold a candle to the 2013 Mustang I traded in for it but it's definitely faster than any crosstrek Subaru sells, if I had to guess.
I'll have to hook up my knock-off go-pro so I can do a driving video or something.

ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love my 2.3 I4 MT badlands. Added a sprint booster to it today, which shaved about a second off 0-60 time thanks to faster throttle response time and higher rev balance in between up-shifts.
If a device that changes nothing but throttle response shaved a second off the 0-60 times I'll eat my hat. If that were the case, drag cars would have toggle switches for throttles. You sound like a salesman. You got any of them intake turbinators that swirl the incoming gases and give you another 3 mpg laying around?

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If a device that changes nothing but throttle response shaved a second off the 0-60 times I'll eat my hat. If that were the case, drag cars would have toggle switches for throttles. You sound like a salesman. You got any of them intake turbinators that swirl the incoming gases and give you another 3 mpg laying around?
Never said SBV3 shaved 1 second off 0-60 times. Just said it would potentially help you drop a full second off if on a RACE TRACK...not a drag strip. It kicks ass. Simple but effective. If you like to drive you will appreciate its value. Try it out. Or dont. Doesnt matter to me.

BroBronco

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never said SBV3 shaved 1 second off 0-60 times. Just said it would potentially help you drop a full second off if on a RACE TRACK...not a drag strip. It kicks ass. Simple but effective. If you like to drive you will appreciate its value. Try it out. Or dont. Doesnt matter to me.
But I will say on a drag strip SBV3 would give you a faster launch off the line via throttle response time. You can dial in which setting hooks up best off the line and then ur good to go.
Sponsored