ChetC

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never said SBV3 shaved 1 second off 0-60 times. Just said it would potentially help you drop a full second off if on a RACE TRACK...not a drag strip.
You sure about that?

Ford Bronco 0-60 mph test for 2.3L Bronco with 7-speed manual by TFL 334EEA22-9C78-4351-A7DB-846F78E6D232
Sponsored

Last edited:

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read that one earlier today and it made me happy. This line especially.

"Two hundred miles of stop-and-go traffic had us wishing for a restroom but never an automatic."
Bet.

Drove to Pittsburgh with my ex in April, 300+ miles in her Hyundai Santa Fe and really wish I had a stick, even during the rush hour

traffic isnt forever, but choosing auto over stick basically is

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4 door is over 200Lbs heavier than my 2 door... And Roland has gotta be over 200Lbs! With an automatic, I'll be perfectly happy with a 2.3L acceleration 👍🏻

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I gotta tell you, I recently drove a 2.3 L manual(Badlands)and an 2.3L auto(big bend). ... To the point where the 2.3L auto was much peppier and fun to drive. Yes I have owned many manuals in the past. In short, this reminded me of my old 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. ...
To each their own, but I think those saying the 2.3 manual is enough power are just convincing themselves they made the right choice. To each their own. It's gutless.

Mike
I think the people that say they know how to drive a manual are fooling themselves. If "the 2.3L auto was much peppier and fun to drive" I feel sorry for your idea of what "fun" is. And if a 10 second 0-60 in a Subaru with 148 HP feels like a 7.5 second 300 HP Bronco, you might want to recalibrate your seat of the pants.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My daughter just bought a 2010 Rav4 Limited with the 269 horsepower V6, normally aspirated engine. These and known to be "sleeper" speedsters that will blow away a lot of sports sedans, will do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds. We both tested acceleration when buying it, and I wasn't that impressed. It's an automatic of course. But I had not read up on them, and didn't know how fast they are. The point is - it didn't feel super fast, just decent. It's all subjective. But if you had a lot of cars beside you trying to keep up, you'd be pulling away. Back to the Bronco, 2.3 engine and manual. Almost every other person that drives one comments about how fun the shifting is, how smooth the clutch is. Most say the power feels "adequate" or "good." This is how most vehicles felt to me the past 30 years. I have seldom if ever been in something that feels like it's got a "Lot" or "Amazing" power. But I don't drive Corvettes, 700 HP trucks, or 200 HP motorcycles. I do know shifting is more fun, and feels like you're going faster than you are....to 99.9% of the population.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with AZShot. Few automatics - aside from high dollar vehicles - are ever 'fun' to drive whereas nearly every manual is. 'Peppy' automatic is basically a jumbo shrimp...or a large midget.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree with AZShot. Few automatics - aside from high dollar vehicles - are ever 'fun' to drive whereas nearly every manual is. 'Peppy' automatic is basically a jumbo shrimp...or a large midget.
Yeah, I've driven GT-Rs, 911 Turbos, AMGs, etc. with DCT/auto transmissions. All are fast as hell, but on a back road I'd rather be driving a 6MT Miata or even my 6MT GTI. I even think the 6MT JL Wrangler is fun to drive, but the 6MT Tacoma is still a dog turd, so there are exceptions. I don't know how Toyota got the powertrain (and chassis) tuning so wrong on that truck.

Zuck

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1200 GSA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve used this website before and I’ve found it quite accurate. That 2.7L has the power to move the Bronco, I still think people will be surprised by how quick it’ll be. Also is the Bronco front wheel or rear wheel when it’s in 2 wheel? I’ve never even thought about it.

My car

Ford Bronco 0-60 mph test for 2.3L Bronco with 7-speed manual by TFL 334EEA22-9C78-4351-A7DB-846F78E6D232

Site estimate including weight for passenger

Site estimate for 4 door badlands @ 5117 plus 180lb passenger

Rear.

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, 0-60 time in a Bronco is not what I'm buying it for. When I want to do that kind of thing, my little car will give 4.0 seconds. For me, I'll have to adjust my driving style as I'm used to an suv that does it in 4.6 sec and has big brakes and and stops very quickly when called upon. I'll miss it, but can't wait to go off roading.

Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I've driven GT-Rs, 911 Turbos, AMGs, etc. with DCT/auto transmissions. All are fast as hell, but on a back road I'd rather be driving a 6MT Miata or even my 6MT GTI. I even think the 6MT JL Wrangler is fun to drive, but the 6MT Tacoma is still a dog turd, so there are exceptions. I don't know how Toyota got the powertrain (and chassis) tuning so wrong on that truck.
Very true…Id rather drive a slow manual car fast than a fast automatic car slow. Manual makes even most turd like vehicles just a bit more fun and engaging. If the Bronco wasn’t offered with a manual, I wouldn’t be here. I’m on my 3rd STi because AWD, manual, Hydraulic steering, turbo. Those attributes will be gone soon. Another reason im getting a slow, tiny motor Manual Bronco:)

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went from a ~500hp turbochargered Wrangler to a BD with the 2.3/7sp. I miss the occasionally miss the sleeper aspect of the Jeep, but overall I've been very happy with the switch to a Bronco. Rides and handles way better than the Wrangler, and still has has enough power to keep me somewhat entertained. I would probably hate a 2.3 with the 10sp, but this 7sp is actually surprisingly fun to cruise around with. Even on 87 octane.
Sponsored