Sponsored

0-60 Simulation Times by Automobile (Both 2.3 & 2.7 Bronco)

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
These seem to be the most accurate 0-60 times we’ve seen so far. As expected, the extra 30 HP in the 2.7L doesn’t mean much when starting from 0mph. It’s on the steeper hills where you’ll actually notice the extra torque in the 2.7L.

People also need to understand, that these are the more stripped down trims, with less weight, and smaller tires. These 0-60 times will only get slower the more options your Bronco has. (For example, it makes sense that the First Edition took over 8 seconds. It weighs about 1,000 more pounds than the base model.)

Thank you for this!
Tire size/weight is the biggest differentiator, not vehicle weight. FE (Sasquatch) rim/wheel combo weigh 100-105 pounds each and have large rotational mass at almost 35 inches. The 30" Base tires weigh less than half what the GY Territories weigh with a much smaller radius.

I commented on many posts last summer and fall how slow Sasquatch would be in both acceleration and braking. A lot of arguments ensued. :) Seeing the preliminary numbers confirms what I thought. At the time I was in the Badlands camp arguing that 33s were all I wanted because of this. That said, my 4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch is being build the week of July 12. I ended up caving and getting Squatch knowing what I'd be giving up (acceleration, safe breaking, gas mileage).

I've never driven on 35s before and I'm looking forward to it. My wife is dreading it. We may love it or end up selling and getting a different trim with smaller tires. Who knows?
Sponsored

Last edited:

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
FE (Sasquatch) rim/wheel combo weigh 100-105 pounds each and have large rotational mass at almost 35 inches.
The SAS tire and wheel together weigh 100-105 lbs? Where did you get that number, I can’t find it anywhere.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The SAS tire and wheel together weigh 100-105 lbs? Where did you get that number, I can’t find it anywhere.
I agree. The Sasquatch tire is 52 pounds. I really doubt the wheel is 50 pounds.
These Goodyear MT's are by far the lightest tire for their size. It's a great idea by Ford and a ideal starting point...

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok so I found this website that claims to have tested both Bronco 2.3 with manual transmission and 2.7 automatic.

Looks like there is about 1 second speed difference between the two. Wonder how noticeable that will be in real life.

Someone posted a short video of Bronco 2.3 manual 0-60 and I consistently got a time of 6.7 seconds. Coincidentally, that is the same time this chart says for the 2.3 manual.

Website 2.3: https://www.automobile-catalog.com/..._bronco_2-door_base_2_3l_ecoboost_manual.html

Website 2.7: https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...ord_bronco_2-door_big_bend_2_7l_ecoboost.html
Attached are pictures from the site.

2FDC31B1-0E09-416A-A843-6849503EB4B5.jpeg
ABF0CAB4-FA4F-486B-8057-7F580843F1B1.jpeg
People don't understand that these 0-60 and 1/4 miles tests are done on the 2.3.
They drop the clutch at 5000 RPM's (Car and Driver). This is not real world. There is going to to a huge drivability difference between these to engines regardless of the model there're in.

Remember the 2.7 has the same gas mileage, has one peddle drive, has electric boost brakes
(better documented stop distance) , and of course it does not have the inferior intake injection of the 2.3 that is going to slowly compromise performance that will require additional repairs/maintenance in the long run.

Translation is you have to work the snot out of the 2.3 to get it to perform anything close to the 2.7. Again if it was that great of a engine Ford would use it in their F-150's. They don't. This is a base/ budget engine to keep MSRP in check.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thats not sports car acceleration lol. My Challenger would be considered slow and it does 0-60 in 4.6 seconds.
Ya, but what was the 0-60 on a 1970's challenger?

As far as 5,000 RPM clutch dumps not being real world... LMFAO. How do you think I had to learn how to swap a clutch??? It was side-stepping the clutch at 6,000 RPM on my 1971 Datsun 240z. Yep, and it launched like a damn rocket... for a little while.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya, but what was the 0-60 on a 1970's challenger?

As far as 5,000 RPM clutch dumps not being real world... LMFAO. How do you think I had to learn how to swap a clutch??? It was side-stepping the clutch at 6,000 RPM on my 1971 Datsun 240z. Yep, and it launched like a damn rocket... for a little while.
Hell if i know lol. Im not sure what the rest of this comment is in reference to