2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe someone other than @Zach@Granger can answer this so he doesn’t have to be bothered. I’ve got an early November and a late March reservations/orders. I never got the Friday email. (Yes, I checked junk folder.) Is this simply because I’m 99ed? Should I be concerned? Thanks!
I wouldn't worry. I have 2 orders and only 1 of those is 99 status and I didn't receive the Ford email from Friday.
Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked Sean to remove PPF from my build last month, before these current commodity stats were even known. IMHO, having a commodity with 4-7% availability on your build is likely going to be seen by the scheduling system as “unscheduled-dirty”… like perforated-condoms-in-Vegas dirty. 😂

Anything less than 100% is a constraint. The lower the %, the less parts available.
According to a Ford insider, I'm showing as "Unscheduled - Clean" Now to decide what to do.......ugh!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe someone other than @Zach@Granger can answer this so he doesn’t have to be bothered. I’ve got an early November and a late March reservations/orders. I never got the Friday email. (Yes, I checked junk folder.) Is this simply because I’m 99ed? Should I be concerned? Thanks!
I've heard this from a few different people in different circumstances.
I'm not sure why it didn't go through on some. I'm not sure if it is because it is in 99 status or not.
I’m a 99 with Granger and I received the Friday email.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like they will be building a sh*t ton of base 4 drs this fall. It would seem Ford has much bigger problems than Webasto right now. I wonder who they will throw under the bus next?
I hear the phrase “throw under the bus” a lot from relatively new members who think Ford is just using convenient excuses for what should be easily manageable problems. I try to remind them that the global supply chain issues in post-COVID 2021 are much more complex than most people appreciate, especially for a brand new product launch.

Rather than repeat myself again, I will just refer you to one of my prior posts which attempts to create more realistic expectations amongst members who have ordered a Bronco. I hope you will take the time to read it.

When Ford switches from 21MY to 22MY is no longer a variable. That decision was made months ago. 21MY will end sometime around Thanksgiving, and after a brief transition period, 22MY production will start in December, with deliveries to dealers starting in early Q1 of 2022.

Everyone knows Bronco production will generate positive cash flow for Ford, and the Bronco milestones are very significant for the company. I would love nothing more than to be wrong about this, but it’s just not going to happen. Trust me, I have a lot more at stake here as a shareholder than just the value of my Bronco orders. Everyone’s incentives are aligned to maximize production of quality vehicles and get them delivered to enthusiastic customers as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, a lot of Ford’s fate here is outside of its direct control. At the end of the day, Ford is basically assembling Broncos from thousands of suppliers all over the world, and those suppliers rely on their own suppliers, with every level of the multi-tier automotive supply chain dealing with the same difficulties.

The post-COVID supply chain in 2021 is FUBAR worldwide, and a lot of that is driven by labor shortages in almost every manufacturing industry.

2021 is not a normal year. Shipping/receiving ports around the world are running at reduced capacity and are weeks behind schedule because of labor shortages. Cargo containers are almost impossible to contract and located in all the wrong places worldwide, due to basic supply/demand imbalances between China, which recovered from the pandemic early, and the West, which recovered months later. McDonalds franchises are offering iPhones to new hourly workers. Sandwich franchises are offering $10,000 signing bonuses to new assistant managers. Microprocessors are behind schedule for multiple industries. Steel and aluminum components are back ordered. Homebuilders can’t get basic components to build houses. Home appliances are back-ordered until October. Rubber, foam, and plastic components are backordered.

I could go on, but the basic story is the same wherever you look. No matter how much Ford, you, and I want it to be different, it simply isn’t. This is the reality we’re dealing with.

2022 will definitely be better, and we will all celebrate that, but 2022 isn’t here yet. We’re still living in this post-COVID supply chain clusterf@%k in 2021, and it’s not even recognizable from a manufacturing standpoint.

Listen to @PREMiERdrum’s projections. 45,000-55,000 would be a good outcome under the present circumstances.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford created the expectations but some how it’s the “new members“ fault - whatever. Sorry for questioning your blue oval overlord. Enjoy your echo chamber.
You’re welcome for the information. Sorry it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. I wasn’t blaming new members, so don’t take it personally. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco 06-26-21 Granger Ford Update September Production Commodity Guid

Ok..help me understand this... There are <15% WT builds....but the components of WT (MIC, 2.7, Sas) are all >40%

So why are they not building WTs?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 06-26-21 Granger Ford Update September Production Commodity Guid

Ok..help me understand this... There are <15% WT builds....but the components of WT (MIC, 2.7, Sas) are all >40%

So why are they not building WTs?
When you have a package that includes a bunch of other constrained commodities, you effectively need to multiply the individual commodity percentages together to get the commodity percentage for the overall package (i.e., 55% MIC x 50% V6 x 45% SAS =12.4% WT).

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've received most e-mails but not all. I am not 99'd

JeffJustJeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Land Rover Series 3 79 Intermeccanica Speedster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a new reservation holder(yesterday)...should I wait to hear from the dealer before placing the order, or should I reach out to them first? I know they are ridiculously busy, but don't want to be "that guy" right out of the box.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a new reservation holder(yesterday)...should I wait to hear from the dealer before placing the order, or should I reach out to them first? I know they are ridiculously busy, but don't want to be "that guy" right out of the box.
If you're talking about Granger (I assume you are), you can call and ask to place your order. I've had nothing but good experience calling their dealership as well as interacting with them here. I believe Sean is mostly handling the Bronco stuff at this point.

JeffJustJeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Land Rover Series 3 79 Intermeccanica Speedster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're talking about Granger (I assume you are), you can call and ask to place your order. I've had nothing but good experience calling their dealership as well as interacting with them here. I believe Sean is mostly handling the Bronco stuff at this point.
Thanks man. Reached out to Sean and had a productive conversation. Now the waiting game until the MY22 order banks open. Plenty of time for me to change my build 8,123,424 times.

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do those priority codes even mean anything anymore? I have a Priority 19 with a 7/18 reservation and I was told I'm getting a MY22. Not sure if they mean anything.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do those priority codes even mean anything anymore? I have a Priority 19 with a 7/18 reservation and I was told I'm getting a MY22. Not sure if they mean anything.
For this launch the only two that matter are 99 and 1 (I think?). 99 means hold production and 1 was imminent build. Otherwise reservation date is king (insert caveats about restricted commodities and dealer allocations, yadda yadda here).

JustinC

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For this launch the only two that matter are 99 and 1 (I think?). 99 means hold production and 1 was imminent build. Otherwise reservation date is king (insert caveats about restricted commodities and dealer allocations, yadda yadda here).
Yeah that's what I thought as well. I didn't even know my priority code was until I looked at my invoice. None of that matters to me. With a Wildtrak on order and my 7/18 reservation, I've just lost my excitement now for a few months until winter when I'll be closer to getting it. I'm just guessing that I'll get it in March of 2022 time frame.
Sponsored