First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend - 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Out of curiosity... anyone else still waiting on theirs? Curious if I'm the last one...

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Out of curiosity... anyone else still waiting on theirs? Curious if I'm the last one...
I am, mine just arrived by rail in KC, about to be unloaded off of the rail carrier. Just have to wait for a car carrier now.

Sponsored

BigSurBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4Dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked mine up yesterday. Shipper put a hole in the top and dealer owes a few accessories still, but it's here. FINALLY

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just got my assembly line pic today. :LOL:

BigSurBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4Dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just got my assembly line pic today. :LOL:
Well, you DO have a Raptor coming... Which my wife saw as "too expensive" and "more than we need" - whatever that means :LOL:

CosmoTiki

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
56 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, I don’t want to be a buzz kill, but when I started it Sunday morning, I got what sounded like old school hydraulic lifter rattle for a couple of seconds, then it went away. Candidly, it caught me off guard. I turned it the radio & all seemed normal, so I drive to church w/ all systems normal & no sounds. “You’re just not used to it” I say to myself.

After church (~ 2hrs), it did the same thing. A clattering lifter rattle-like sound… then it went away. All normal driving, no weird sounds & all gauges normal (with their was an oil pressure gauge tho’).

This morning, I checked the oil level & it shows “full” on the dipstick. And it happened for the 3rd time, but seemed louder & lasted longer. Leaving work this afternoon was worse yet. Something’s definitely wrong… so at 1,019 easy, “drive like an old man” miles, I dropped it at my dealer on my way home.

Other threads indicate possible cam/VVT sensors, but nothing I found was definitive. I’ll update here (unless someone can point me to a better thread) in the hope that no one will need the info… ugh…

8/31/22 UPDATE: I spoke with my Service Advisor. The good news (?!) is that they did replicate the start-up noise. He advised that after consulting with Ford's Techline & running some tests, Techline confirmed that the cam phasers require replacement. I've found that other Ford engines, along with earlier 2.7's have had this issue, too. The repair sounds extensive & is internal to the engine, which creates concerns for other issues, leaks, etc... REALLY disappointing after just 2 weeks & 1,000 miles, so we'll see.
9/20/22 UPDATE: So after 3 weeks, I just picked up my Bronco. Per the RO, they replaced all 4 cam phasers and related bits at the direction of Ford's Tech Hotline. This required engine removal. Upon removal, the tech noted that an oil gallery seal had been installed backwards, causing oil pressure loss & damage to the cam phasers (no metal in engine or other damage noted). They re-tested after reinstall & no noise. They then let it sit overnight & again, no noise. I reconfirmed this upon pick-up & also noted that, while the underhood appearance of the 2.7 is messy from the factory (hoses & harnesses EVERYWHERE), I cannot visually tell that they removed & re-installed the engine. I must give a shout-out to Santa Margarita Ford, very professional, courteous & kept me informed throughout the 3 week repair. Fingers crossed!!!

Sponsored

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Well, finally picked mine up yesterday. There was definitely a bunch of dust inside the center console from it sitting for so long.

This thing is amazing though.
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group 215D1D64-4070-4AC7-A434-3E4885DA23C8

Bad Hulk

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 Dually
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, finally picked mine up yesterday. There was definitely a bunch of dust inside the center console from it sitting for so long.

This thing is amazing though.
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group 215D1D64-4070-4AC7-A434-3E4885DA23C8
Congrats

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We picked ours up this morning. Theodore Robins Ford, with the help of Mike and Rauly, really outdid themselves getting it ready to take home today after an overnight delivery.
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group 1664083337286

Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group 1664083377911

ArizonaTy1993

Big Bend
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend - 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Still sitting at MAP....

Well guys, its been fun, but at this point I'm looking for a new vehicle and just going to flip the Bronco when it comes. Its been 3 months of "production" and the damn thing hasn't moved more than a few hundred yards. Ford has dropped the ball so badly on this that they have basically lost a customer for life.

✌

06viper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor, 2021 Mclaren 765LT, 1965 Shelby Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Welp I am probably the last one from the 6/27 group to get their Bronco delivered, but after almost 2.5 years since my initial reservation, it finally arrived! Fully loaded Wildtrak. Took a little bit of time getting it picked up from the dealer in Texas I ordered it through and to get it shipped to Albuquerque. I am going to set up a photoshoot of all my Fords sometime this month. That should be a sweet photo. Now for the wait for the Raptor Bronco I ordered. Bob Utter Ford, nothing but good things to say about these guys. They honored my initial agreement I had with them from 2020 of $1,000 under invoice. Plus the price protection, my updated 2022 MSRP of $61k got knocked down to $55k. Did not play games with me or anything and try and tack on extra stuff I did not need.

Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group IMG_3067
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group IMG_3068
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group IMG_3078
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group IMG_3089
Ford Bronco 06/27/22  Build week group IMG_3057
Sponsored