IL John

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak 4Dr, Rubicon 2dr, CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are all the kits Zone, Rough country basically the same? Is one better. Looking to bring up the front end on my Wildtrak a little bit.
Thx for any replies
Sponsored

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve heard ReadyLift is of good quality from a couple different shops, I’m not an expert though by any means

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did Zone 1" leveling on my Wildtrak. Very pleased with the outcome.

20220727_123045.jpg
20220727_102745.jpg
20220730_214237.jpg

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are all the kits Zone, Rough country basically the same? Is one better. Looking to bring up the front end on my Wildtrak a little bit.
Thx for any replies
I got the RC 1” leveling kit at the dealer before picking up my Bronco. Extremely happy with it. I did not like the angle of the front end being lower and the dealer is holding the warranty.

Sponsored

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When you installed the bumper and winch did you notice the front dropping at all?
I didn't, but I'm sure there is some. I installed the JKS max tire clearance kit and cut off the crash bar sockets and that freed up a little unsprung weight in the front end. They come from factory with a nose down rake. Here's a pic of mine fresh off the truck sitting in the dealer garage and you can see the stance nose down.

IMG_6817.jpg

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thx for any replies
Readylift has the best quality in my opinion. Rough Country is okay and does the job but isn't the best of all time.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here are the differences:

The RC level kit is a three part kit made from steel (3/16+3/16+1/4).
The Zone/ReadyLift level kits are two part kits made from aluminum (3/8+1/4).

The RC kit offers more "adjustability" since there are five combinations to choose from to achieve a different rake.

The Zone/ReadyLift kits allow for three combinations to choose from to achieve a different rake.

These are really just custom "washers" that effectively push the mounting point downwards. Discussions about "quality" are not very meaningful with regard to such simple elements. More to the point is function and durability, and quite frankly they will all be fine. So this only leaves:

Steel vs Aluminum:
There is both steel and aluminum adjacent to the strut components and throughout the truck - therefore electrolisis (dissimilar metals) is most likely not a major issue. The steel will rust and the aluminum will corrode. Aluminum is lighter and steel is heavier - so I guess the advantage to aluminum. But if you order an x-large drink at the drive-through this will add more weight than either kit.

Single top spacer vs. two top spacers:
An argument could be made that if you know that you will want to use the maximum available lift at the top (3/8"), then the Zone/ReadyLift might be better since they are a single piece, as opposed to the two RC 3/16" pieces, and therefore more "solid and less prone to squeaking or displacement" (less shear interfaces).

I have both kits and will use both kits together (with a Fabtech 7/8" aluminum spacer) to achieve a mild front/back lift (1.3 inch front/1.1 inch back).

Please note - the front of the truck is lifted 1.5x more than the spacer thickness due to the mount point on the lower control arm.
Sponsored