First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I will be getting my new Bronco soon and am considering taking it right away on a 1k mile drive.

Any special considerations? Is this a really bad idea?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fire it up and roll. Integrate the break in period driving requirements and have at it.

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My sons Bronco is due to arrive in a couple weeks, heā€™s driving his trade in down to FL to get the new Bronco and will be spending a couple days at home with it before he drives it back to Maryland. Heā€™s Navy and stationed in Ft. Meade, but buys and registers his cars here at his home address. No Personal property tax and lower sales tax, plus Florida deducts the value of your trade from the purchase price for sales tax calculation. This saves him about $1300. Heā€™ll have over a 1000 miles before the end of the first week!

Sponsored

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My sons Bronco is due to arrive in a couple weeks, heā€™s driving his trade in down to FL to get the new Bronco and will be spending a couple days at home with it before he drives it back to Maryland. Heā€™s Navy and stationed in Ft. Meade, but buys and registers his cars here at his home address. No Personal property tax and lower sales tax, plus Florida deducts the value of your trade from the purchase price for sales tax calculation. This saves him about $1300. Heā€™ll have over a 1000 miles before the end of the first week!
yes registering in Florida is way cheaper than registering in MD, smart decision

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a camping trip that was ~650 miles (~325 miles each way) a couple days after getting mine, mostly highway miles. I kept it below 4K RPM, didn't exceed 70MPH, and did my best to vary the speed/RPM when I could. Sounds like a lot but that all felt pretty normal to me. I'm now 2K miles in and the thing purrrs. You'll be fine, enjoy it!

OP
OP
Xycarp

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ok, cool. So generally no concerns. Assuming I get it in time, I will do 1k miles then another 1k a few days later. I guess I will target an oil change once I return.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I plan the same mileage from Granger to home. There's enough varied speeds on interstates now that I'm not worried. Quick comment though, never had issue registering a vehicle when I was active duty and home of record was Tennessee when purchasing in whatever state I was in at the time. As long as Tennessee got the money/fees they were fine issuing tags and title with a military exemption no matter where I was or the state I purchased.

Sponsored

ChapEJF

Outer Banks
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX/BD Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I did it! My dealer was in Maryland and I had moved to NW Florida, over 1100 miles. I loved Road Tripping the Bronco! Drive/ride on highway was excellent. By the time I got home the Break In was complete.

BroncoScott

Outer Banks
First Name
Duston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Wrapped Lifted Shoes
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am purchasing my Bronco from my hometown dealership in Tennessee where, my brother-in-law works, even though I currently live in Florida. I will be driving my Bronco from Tennessee to Florida directly after pickup, but I plan on using the Google Maps option of "Avoid Highways." This serves the dual purpose of varying my speeds, as recommended by Ford, and I get to enjoy the views more than just interstate driving. This will increase my drive time by about 50%, but that is more than fine with me.

Maxer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4-door 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove it for a 3000 km road trip right after taking delivery on a Friday night, I did not even let the ceramic coat to have time to cure. One advice though, if you ever gonna drive on gravel road, put mud flaps on, especially if its sas tire. I have had many paint chips already.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLUR, ā€˜19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will be just fine, as long as you arenā€™t sitting at red-line the whole time. I donā€™t think most people know that almost every dealer hires people to drive vehicles cross-country when shipping prices are too much. Enjoy your new ride!

ThrvinBronco

First Edition
First Name
JASON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco , 2019 f250, 2014 f350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I took my off-roading at 175 miles. Rock crawling, mud bogging.
Sponsored