Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good for them, because Ford is saying many dealerships will be out of cars this month and it'll last a while. My current dealer is trying to find some way to keep its sales staff employed despite not having any decent vehicles for sale. They are only surviving due to the used market.
Seriously. I live just a little ways off of an “auto row” and I swear there’s going to be tumble weeds rolling through those lots any day now. Even with used cars filling in the front, they are looking bare.
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
FRIP (Full Rate Initial Production) has been scheduled for the 1st week of August for some time now.

MAP can build 1200 units/day, split between Bronco and Ranger, plus another 960 on the Saturday shift.

Ford would gladly build 100% Bronco if they had the parts, because there are Rangers on the lots, and every Bronco is a guaranteed sale. Ford wants our money.

It all comes down to getting Webasto actually building tops at a decent clip. Unfortunately, I don't see them coming close to building a thousand tops a day anytime soon.

Sponsored

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
HEADLINES
  • 1,069 Broncos produced
  • Record Ford Electrified Vehicle Sales Run Continues On Strength of F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid, Mustang MachE, Escape and Explorer Hybrid
  • Ford SUVs Post Best May Retail Sales Since 2003
  • Record SUV Sales for Lincoln on Gains From Entire Lineup
See the link below or the attached PDF for details.

https://shareholder.ford.com/files/doc_news/2021/06/Ford-May-2021-Sales-Release-Final.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 10.02.26 AM.jpg
It's still equal to zero. Zero Broncos in buyers hands equals zero. Go ahead Ford. Impress me. I dare you.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not the same vehicles. Isn’t that like comparing Bronco Sport sales vs. Bronco?
For sure!

Most enthusiast agree with that as I do as well.

A lot of the "ordinary consumers" (LoL if that is such a thing) will group them together. Kinda like the way they group Bronco Sport with the Bronco. I love stats and would love to know what those that are purchasing the Mach E are cross shopping with.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
FRIP (Full Rate Initial Production) has been scheduled for the 1st week of August for some time now.

MAP can build 1200 units/day, split between Bronco and Ranger, plus another 960 on the Saturday shift.

Ford would gladly build 100% Bronco if they had the parts, because there are Rangers on the lots, and every Bronco is a guaranteed sale. Ford wants our money.

It all comes down to getting Webasto actually building tops at a decent clip. Unfortunately, I don't see them coming close to building a thousand tops a day anytime soon.
3500 a week starting in early August gets them to 60k by December. it will be interesting to see how close to full production they can get with everything going on.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
"Was hired for a temporary full time position. Worked 2 weeks one week of orientation and one week of production floor training. I trained on the 310e job for a whole week then the following Monday comes along and I’m placed on the 311e job with no training or trainer and was told by supervisor of line 3 trim Dept Jeremy to figure it out and get faster. I was warned multiple times of what would happen if the line stopped: being my 3rd week of work I was unfortunately forced to walk off the job as I had asked for help several times and was denied. I would have loved working for the company as I enjoyed everyday of training with the original job I was placed to work on."
Ford Bronco 1,069 Broncos produced in May - Per May 2021 Ford Sales Report E9ED469B-C5AC-4543-A6F1-4BD2B944C688

Last edited:

Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

nearly 60k Bronco Sports built only 5 months in is really impressive. A full year can yield over 100k Sports. Hella good for a first model year.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Was hired for a temporary full time position. Worked 2 weeks one week of orientation and one week of production floor training. I trained on the 310e job for a whole week then the following Monday comes along and I’m placed on the 311e job with no training or trainer and was told by supervisor of line 3 trim Dept Jeremy to figure it out and get faster. I was warned multiple times of what would happen if the line stopped: being my 3rd week of work I was unfortunately forced to walk off the job as I had asked for help several times and was denied. I would have loved working for the company as I enjoyed everyday of training with the original job I was placed to work on."
Context? Where'd this come from? Webasto or Ford? You can't just throw a quote up and not say where it came from. Despite what my wife thinks I'm not psychic 😉

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a trick I use to post Excel to the forum. Select and copy cells, paste into Paint, copy that and then paste it to your post.
If you are a Windows user you need to try the Snipping Tool. That s**t changed my life.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

The new building that makes the hardtops wasn't completed until late 2020 due to construction delays from covid. I am not surprised they aren't up and running full speed yet, the building is 300000 sq ft which is about the size of 2 Home Depots and they also make tops for FCA, probably the Jeep. Its going to be almost impossible for them to keep up producing tops for two hot selling vehicles, they employ about 400 people.
Sponsored