First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Badlands has significant and annoying rake. Measurement of frame indicates >1” lower in front. I’m either going to (A) add 1/2” to front, or (B) add 1” to front plus 1/2” to rear.

0FD9092E-961C-4F90-8E24-CEDF9B59CEE9.jpeg
I would rather just get 100lbs of recovery gear or a fridge freezer with ice cold drinks and put it in the back to "level" it. Leveling kits will look decent when a vehicle is sitting in a driveway but when you have people in it and some cargo for the day. Then it looks sad and saggy. Your Badlands as it sits there looks tight and ready to pounce like a tiger!
Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I would rather just get 100lbs of recovery gear or a fridge freezer with ice cold drinks and put it in the back to "level" it. Leveling kits will look decent when a vehicle is sitting in a driveway but when you have people in it and some cargo for the day. Then it looks sad and saggy. Your Badlands as it sits there looks tight and ready to pounce like a tiger!
Exactly. Trucks are a touch higher in the rear for a reason, so they can level out when loaded, or have a trailer on the back. I get wanting the look, but should only be done depending on how the truck will be used.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never understood the penchant for buyers (including some of my friends) to immediately level out the factory rake on new trucks. 🤔

Nevertheless, because I’m a nice guy, I wait for my friends to add payload in the cargo bay before I tease them over their new Carolina Squat. 😉

Last edited:

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your point but i don’t like the look. Definitely don’t want nose up and I don’t mind a slight rake, but I feel this is too much. Perhaps they’re not coming out of the factory with consistent leveling? The mannequin I saw a couple months ago seemed more level. Also, I have no plans for people or anything too heavy in the rear. Just my dog and light gear :)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see your point but i don’t like the look. Definitely don’t want nose up and I don’t mind a slight rake, but I feel this is too much. Perhaps they’re not coming out of the factory with consistent leveling? The mannequin I saw a couple months ago seemed more level. Also, I have no plans for people or anything too heavy in the rear. Just my dog and light gear :)
There is a whole series of different spring part numbers installed at the factory because of the different models, optional packages, and payloads.

Also, because Bronco is targeted to compete against the Wrangler as an off-road vehicle, the suspension system is much softer sprung than most pickup trucks. That’s part of the reason for the limited capacity of the Class II Trailer Tow Package (3,500 lbs total, 350 lbs tongue weight). So normal payload that would barely budge a full-size pickup truck’s suspension will cause more droop on a softly spring suspension like on Bronco.

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You could put more air in the front tires, and let a little out in the rear, until you haul something. :unsure:

;):p

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a whole series of different spring part numbers installed at the factory because of the different models, optional packages, and payloads.

Also, because Bronco is targeted to compete against the Wrangler as an off-road vehicle, the suspension system is much softer sprung than most pickup trucks. That’s part of the reason for the limited capacity of the Class II Trailer Tow Package (3,500 lbs total, 350 lbs tongue weight). So normal payload that would barely budge a full-size pickup truck’s suspension will cause more droop on a softly spring suspension like on Bronco.
FYI, this is an example of the Bronco’s soft off-road suspension compared to a pickup truck…

Ford Bronco 1" inch Sasquatch lift for 37s FC64B07C-714D-40B6-B3F1-B8F6861AE87A

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/first-tow-of-rzr-with-the-bronco-loving-the-2-7.23207/

If you search that relatively short thread, you will see 4 different posts that contain the word “squat”.
Sponsored