Sponsored

1 month and 1,000 mile issues (Airbag and Sync)

MSBroncoBuccaneer

Badlands
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are a month in and overall, we love it! Two issues that I would love to know if anyone gas encountered:
1. Airbag light has come on and says that their is a problem with the passenger airbag circuit.
2. Anytime a phone is connected and a text comes through, Sync gives a notification of 3 to 4 messages received from random people that haven't sent a text.

Anybody else had this happen? Dealer is working on the airbag issue.

20210905_110328.jpg
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ready to buy a car from Apple or Microsoft....Detroit's expertise with electronics only extends to 'blinkers'
The only thing missing is google and then you’d have a Devil’s Triangle. Don’t google that.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just a guess, but check the wiring harness under the passenger seat. I once owned an Escape that would throw the pass air bag icon after the pass seat had been adjusted . Moving the harness around by hand eliminated the warning. Not a fix mind you, but it proves the harness connection is at fault. As for the sync stuff, I am a geezer so I am automatically excluded from anything like that.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are a month in and overall, we love it! Two issues that I would love to know if anyone gas encountered:
1. Airbag light has come on and says that their is a problem with the passenger airbag circuit.
2. Anytime a phone is connected and a text comes through, Sync gives a notification of 3 to 4 messages received from random people that haven't sent a text.

Anybody else had this happen? Dealer is working on the airbag issue.

Ford Bronco 1 month and 1,000 mile issues (Airbag and Sync) 20210905_110328
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/restraints-indicator-lamp-warning-anyone-else.22817/

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ready to buy a car from Apple or Microsoft....Detroit's expertise with electronics only extends to 'blinkers'
Microsoft was behind Sync (my Father-in-law was an electronics product planner for Ford) and now Blackberry is the core OS. Almost all of the systems are built by tech companies. Cars are complex and the regulatory and legal environment they work in makes everything even more complicated. Just talk to an engineer about auto closing windows or sun roofs 😵💫

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Almost all of the systems are built by tech companies.
I hear'ya. So....all these system glitches that are surfacing will have to be shopped out to the same folks....to address on their own priority schedule.

The sad reality of this mess is dealers don't know shit about this stuff either. You might as well be pulling up in the Space Shuttle

If Ford doesn't know crap about electronics or batteries, how will they fare in the E-car world? Electric vehicles have 10X the chips of ICE vehicles

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You've obviously never had to troubleshoot and repair the electromechanical sequential blinkers Ford was fond of in the late 60's. They were less than robust when new.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems that Ford decided to get in bed with Google for at least the next six years. That should set Ford's technical arc for at least the next decade.

From earlier this year:
  • Ford and Google come together in first-of-its-kind partnership to create unique services and capabilities for Ford and Lincoln customers, and to accelerate Ford’s transformation plan
  • Ford has also named Google Cloud its preferred cloud provider to leverage Google’s world-class expertise in data, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML)
  • As part of this new, six-year partnership—and beginning in 2023—millions of future Ford and Lincoln vehicles at all price points will be powered by Android, with Google apps and services built-in
  • To drive ongoing innovation, Ford and Google are establishing a new collaborative group, Team Upshift, that will push the boundaries of Ford’s transformation, unlock personalized consumer experiences, and drive disruptive, data-driven opportunities

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...1/ford-google-accelerate-auto-innovation.html

We are in the infancy of tech and its automotive applications unfortunately.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear'ya. So....all these system glitches that are surfacing will have to be shopped out to the same folks....to address on their own priority schedule.

The sad reality of this mess is dealers don't know shit about this stuff either. You might as well be pulling up in the Space Shuttle

If Ford doesn't know crap about electronics or batteries, how will they fare in the E-car world? Electric vehicles have 10X the chips of ICE vehicles
I am not sure what the answer is other than we all are willing to pay a certain $ for a certain level of reliability. I am less involved in the auto world than I used to be, but vehicles have had gremlins and issues from day 1. I would never want to go back to points and condenser, vacuum run carbs and metallic strip choke systems, but it was nice to be able to replace an alternator in the auto parts store parking lot (that made me think, I haven’t replaced an alternator in 30 years, replaced about half a dozen in high school and college).

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We are in the infancy of tech and its automotive applications unfortunately.
Not exactly-

1st gen Cell phone integration happened about 12 years ago with the Sync system.

Biggest issue is cell phones changing every 24-36 months.

The MFT system in my old 2013 SHO worked "ok to good" most of the time and the Sync3 System in my wife's Escape has been pretty much flawless.

Smuck

First Edition
First Name
Shon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
32 Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You've obviously never had to troubleshoot and repair the electromechanical sequential blinkers Ford was fond of in the late 60's. They were less than robust when new.
I loved the sequentials on my 68 cougar

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unlock personalized consumer experiences, and drive disruptive, data-driven opportunities
When I read this, the first thing I think is they better not start having ads pop up on my vehicle's screen. (Insert a random expletive about every other word and it will more accurately represent my reaction.)
Sponsored