Sponsored

1 month and 1,000 mile issues (Airbag and Sync)

Deleted member 3063

Just a guess, but check the wiring harness under the passenger seat. I once owned an Escape that would throw the pass air bag icon after the pass seat had been adjusted . Moving the harness around by hand eliminated the warning. Not a fix mind you, but it proves the harness connection is at fault. As for the sync stuff, I am a geezer so I am automatically excluded from anything like that.
Might be something to that. Over on the Sport forum they had the same type problem, front passenger air bag fault. Dealer found a bad connector crimp where the wire goes in to the plug, fixed.

Wonder if the same company is making the Bronco harnesses.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So are we still getting the "hey bronco" alexa?

Sponsored

Ballerj98

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are a month in and overall, we love it! Two issues that I would love to know if anyone gas encountered:
1. Airbag light has come on and says that their is a problem with the passenger airbag circuit.
2. Anytime a phone is connected and a text comes through, Sync gives a notification of 3 to 4 messages received from random people that haven't sent a text.

Anybody else had this happen? Dealer is working on the airbag issue.

20210905_110328.jpg
I am 2 months in 2000 miles and I am having same air bag issue. Dealers says part is on a national shortage list and they donā€™t know when it will be in to fix it. So I will be driving my bronco with airbags and seatbelt not working.
Ford Bronco 1 month and 1,000 mile issues (Airbag and Sync) 68934F33-D486-4556-8453-30B4F6256121

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dealers says part is on a national shortage list
Bronco tech is not your friend. Even the simplest functions are not going well.

Of course, the non-tech like tail light trim just falling off, ain't a good look either.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm ready to buy a car from Apple or Microsoft....Detroit's expertise with electronics only extends to 'blinkers'
I thought these models came with Apple car play?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought these models came with Apple car play?
you can limp along without tunes....its the basic vehicle functionality I'm worried about

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can limp along without tunes....its the basic vehicle functionality I'm worried about
I get that. Itā€™s not the tunes that I love about the Apple car play, itā€™s when your phone is connected it bypasses the nav system and uses maps and other apps on your display. I drive a lot for work and the gps on my current car isnā€™t great so I always use my phone. Idk creature comforts I guess for me

Sponsored

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To answer the OP's question........6 weeks in with 1500 miles, and I have not had a single mechanical or electrical issue! Hope I didn't just curse myself....dammit! LOL

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a random text that appears when using Apple Car Play in my 2019 Ford Ranger (Sync 3). I haven't texted that person in months, and the text does not appear on my iPhone 12, but it still appears on Car Play. At least it doesn't appear to be a Bronco-specific problem.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Idk creature comforts I guess for me
I see where you're coming from. But the most important 'comfort' for me is reliability. I'm often deep in the national forests grouse hunting...and I don't want some sensor/software tech glitch to strand me in there.

So....I'm not afraid of tech per se....only the hundreds of ways it can brick your car.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see where you're coming from. But the most important 'comfort' for me is reliability. I'm often deep in the national forests grouse hunting...and I don't want some sensor/software tech glitch to strand me in there.

So....I'm not afraid of tech per se....only the hundreds of ways it can brick your car.
Hahahahaha! I have to laugh because my current car did just that. I have a Jaguar FPace and itā€™s the second one I received after they had to buy back the first one from me. The car would go into eco mode at a stop light and then when I went to take off again, the computer glitched not communicating to cylinder 2 and 4, so it rattled and shook violently. It was a disaster. I called Jaguar and told them I feel like I bought a Kia Rio though the Kia probably wouldnā€™t have had to be towed away with 30 miles on it the first day I got it.

so yeah, after that experience, I totally understand your tech concerns. They can be a pain in the butt.

After the Jag I ordered became a lemon and now the Bronco order taking over a year, my hubs says Iā€™m not allowed to order anymore cars. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£
Sponsored