Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 3500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I saw you post on the etrailer reviews. Great setup.

Are you able to open the tailgate if you set the rack to the lower tilt position?

I called 1Up today and they sell Reverse Side Plates the lowers the high point of the rack to help with tailgate opening clearance. If it doesn't clear as is.
1up reverse dimensions.jpg
Yes, I'm able to open the tail gate when the rack is lowered.
Sponsored

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed 1up to see if they would make an extended receiver piece, they said no and to use the extension they sell.

I worried about too much slop, working on an extension / 2" riser at the moment.

stachequatch

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled the trigger on a Quik Rack Mach2 - which designed by the original designer of the 1Up rack. I like the fitment of the 1Up racks on the Bronco so I'm hoping the Quik Rack is a similar fit.

Delivery on the Quik Rack is still at least 90 days out but I'm also still waiting on my Bronco. Maybe they'll get delivered at the same time? haha

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I pulled the trigger on a Quik Rack Mach2 - which designed by the original designer of the 1Up rack. I like the fitment of the 1Up racks on the Bronco so I'm hoping the Quik Rack is a similar fit.

Delivery on the Quik Rack is still at least 90 days out but I'm also still waiting on my Bronco. Maybe they'll get delivered at the same time? haha

Nice rack, I already have a 1up this rack improves on it a lot.
1up has had a backlog for a couple years now, so waiting on this one is not an issue.

be nice if they can offer the option for an extended hitch shank built in to clear the spare.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1up has had a backlog for a couple years now, so waiting on this one is not an issue.

be nice if they can offer the option for an extended hitch shank built in to clear the spare.
I agree...an extended shank would be a great upgrade to the 1up. Any vehicle with a spare tire on the back would benefit from a longer shank. I use an extension with my 1up...but it is another thing I have to install (and uninstall).

On my previous vehicle, I left the 1up installed on the car 24/7. But with the Bronco, I need to clear the 35 tire...It does not look that great when not in use. Check out the pics...kinda ugly!

Sponsored

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

just read their FAQ the say to just get an aftermarket extender.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well shit, this is the coolest system I've ever seen! Thanks man, I'm about to order a base and three racks. I have a bunch of old school style cruiser bikes, and like to have at least three with me when I venture out. The rack I have now is a sketchy, cumbersome Allen Sports 5 Bike rack, and I'd like to avoid this nonsense:

Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 1641565621552

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just ordered a bike rack setup, and I'll do a full writeup on it when it gets here. I've got a Sasquatch, and I ordered the 1UP heavy duty double, the Kuat pivot, and the Curt hitch. FYI, I ordered the 1UP rack on New Year's Day and it's out for delivery today, so not too much of a backlog there. The Kuat pivot was in stock at REI. Unfortunately the hitch is weeks away from being delivered. I believe from what I've seen with the Curt hitch and the Pivot I won't need any other extension.

stachequatch

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well shit, this is the coolest system I've ever seen! Thanks man, I'm about to order a base and three racks. I have a bunch of old school style cruiser bikes, and like to have at least three with me when I venture out. The rack I have now is a sketchy, cumbersome Allen Sports 5 Bike rack, and I'd like to avoid this nonsense:

Ford Bronco 1 Up Bike Rack w/Etrailer hitch 1641565621552
Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first them. It's a bit of a price increase from the 1UP racks but I thought the features and upgrades were worth it. The designer basically took his original 1Up design and improved everything about it.

Nice cruisers! I have a 26" SE that does get ridden much anymore. I mostly ride MTB but I grew up riding BMX... I still have my '93 GT Mach One in the shed.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I first them. It's a bit of a price increase from the 1UP racks but I thought the features and upgrades were worth it. The designer basically took his original 1Up design and improved everything about it.

Nice cruisers! I have a 26" SE that does get ridden much anymore. I mostly ride MTB but I grew up riding BMX... I still have my '93 GT Mach One in the shed.
Thanks, I have a few more, plus building a 24" Performer to match my 1987 GT Performer.

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

1UP is out of Wisconsin, FYI.

Absolutely fantastic rack. Once you receive it and see it, the quality speaks for itself.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
started building an extension to clear the spare, 12"gen-Y raw receiver and a 2x2 solid bar that has been in my garage for 30 years

20220112_150645[1].jpg

20220112_153956[1].jpg

20220112_153934[1].jpg

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Etrailer hitch
Do you have a link for the specific hitch? I went to Etrailer but they only have a hitch for the Bronco Sport? Also, did you install the hitch? That is the perfect setup for my rig!

MJBbase22

Base
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Sider, VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Did you ever get this? Curious to hear about it.
Sponsored