Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Friends - I just hit 8,300 miles returning from Thanksgiving and wanted to get my 10,000 mile service done that’s listed in the Ford app. I called my local dealer’s service shop and they acted like they had never heard of such a thing (this is not a small dealer and located in the DMV.
They were unclear what was included in the check up and what I was responsible to pay for and kept asking me if I just needed an oil change.

Am I going crazy? Isn’t this a standard service on a new car? I assume I pay for the oil change but I figured there were other items they were checking up on with this service that was included with the warranty and this would be something the service centers at Ford would be doing regularly and be very familiar with?
Sponsored

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Friends - I just hit 8,300 miles returning from Thanksgiving and wanted to get my 10,000 mile service done that’s listed in the Ford app. I called my local dealer’s service shop and they acted like they had never heard of such a thing (this is not a small dealer and located in the DMV.
They were unclear what was included in the check up and what I was responsible to pay for and kept asking me if I just needed an oil change.

Am I going crazy? Isn’t this a standard service on a new car? I assume I pay for the oil change but I figured there were other items they were checking up on with this service that was included with the warranty and this would be something the service centers at Ford would be doing regularly and be very familiar with?
that's odd & nearly impossible, I would keep a trail of their response via email and forward it to corporate. Secondly I would have done the first change at 5,000 which was recommended by my dealer.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the app recommend more than just an oil change, tire rotation and the typical multi-point inspection that is listed in the manual? What additional maintenance are you expecting at 10k miles?

Edit. Just looked at the app and it appears to show the same as the owners manual.

Last edited:

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Pass app said it was more than just an oil change...like inspect and lube points etc. I took mine in and didn't have any issues other than dealing with a scummy service tech...but that's for another story.

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve noticed this with dealers across multiple manufacturers, service department doesn’t seem to know what’s required at any service. I’ve had to tell them verbatim each time what was listed in the manual. One would think there’s a database somewhere that have these all listed. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had exactly the same experience today - they even pushed back on my request for 10k mile tire rotation. The so-called "10k mile maintenance package" lists a number of items - they did none of them and said don't worry - modern cars have warning lights if anything gets low or needs service. Oh, and don't bother with FordPass app - it's a good app but not for service needs. See my separate thread on my first Ford Service experience more broadly.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had exactly the same experience today - they even pushed back on my request for 10k mile tire rotation. The so-called "10k mile maintenance package" lists a number of items - they did none of them and said don't worry - modern cars have warning lights if anything gets low or needs service. Oh, and don't bother with FordPass app - it's a good app but not for service needs. See my separate thread on my first Ford Service experience more broadly.
@Ford Motor Company :oops: ;)
Sponsored

Last edited: