Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys,

Just curious here and am seriously asking for a reason. I see a lot of positive feed back on the 10 speed auto, but has anyone severely negative experiences with it?

I ask.....because.... I literally just got this week from a snowboarding vacation with my friends out in Cali, who has.... 2017 F150 10 speed auto.... and this is what just started happening. https://www.classaction.org/blog/de...t-harshly-and-erratically-class-action-claims

Never happened before, just tripped over 102 K miles, which put him out of 100 K warranty. The truck started slipping on the way up to another resort, then, on the drive back, started slipping hard to the point we stopped in a parking lot, hit the gas, and it would not move for about 3 seconds... We had to call a friend who was 2 hours ahead to turn around, grab his family and gear, and we limped it all the way back to his shop @ 55 mph and made it safe. Still waiting to hear from his mechanic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, he just texted me back, mechanic says it was the valve body. I'm also watching a video on the replacement, and the guy doing to the replacement said "it's amazing they had it in stock, that tells you a lot, ha!" :ROFLMAO:

I'm wondering how far they have taken improvements to these issues since the inception of this trans.

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Slipping and “abrupt and harsh” shifting are two different things though.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've had two F-150s with the 10sp coupled to the 5.0. No issues at all other than the occasional slow shift between 3rd-4th when I get up and go from a cold start.

I'm not concerned at all, personally.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Rented an Expedition last week, 3.5 + 10spd.

Only had one hard shift and that could be from learning. Rentals aren't babied.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

it was an early issue, its been CORRECTED. I have one in my 19 and its the best trans I have ever owned and its very capable.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
it was an early issue, its been CORRECTED. I have one in my 19 and its the best trans I have ever owned and its very capable.
I echo this. I also have a 19 F150 and the 10AT is the best auto tranny I’ve had since the 3-speed TorqueFlite in my first car, 1968 Chrysler Newport (that was seriously a great transmission!)

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting, he just texted me back, mechanic says it was the valve body. I'm also watching a video on the replacement, and the guy doing to the replacement said "it's amazing they had it in stock, that tells you a lot, ha!" :ROFLMAO:

I'm wondering how far they have taken improvements to these issues since the inception of this trans.
Having it in stock tells you they aren’t replacing a ton of those. Otherwise it would likely be back ordered.

cparksjr

Badlands
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the 10 speed in 18 F150 2.7 lease truck, and it started acting up right before lease was due, so just turned it in. This was also an early truck, and think it was as mentioned some of the first with 10 speed. Beyond that I liked the trans. Now have the newer version in my 20 F250 7.3 and really love how the trans shifts, even when it skips gears. To be it has been refined nicely.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love mine... Being able to pick your top gear is pretty cool too. I keep it in either 7th or 8th around town (45 speed limit) , so I don’t have the lugging before it downshifts.

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've driven two Focuses (owned one) with bad auto transmissions. They did the same thing: didn't shift, until they did causing bucking. Driving on the freeway when that happens is no bueno.

I've also driven an Edge, Ecosport and they were great!

Doesn't matter to me though, because I'm getting the 7speed manual. I'm a little concerned, but it will be under warranty so I'm not too worried.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've driven two Focuses (owned one) with bad auto transmissions. They did the same thing: didn't shift, until they did causing bucking. Driving on the freeway when that happens is no bueno.

I've also driven an Edge, Ecosport and they were great!

Doesn't matter to me though, because I'm getting the 7speed manual. I'm a little concerned, but it will be under warranty so I'm not too worried.
I got one of those too, I got Ford to replace the trans at 115k. The A10 stuff ran up to about mid 2018 before Ford issued a TSB recal fix.

OP
OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.
Sponsored