Splock

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a Big Bend with the 2.3/auto. In 3rd gear only, I get a good amount of hesitation during acceleration. Happens with the engine warm or cold, any goat mode, and moderate or hard throttle. With light throttle it shifts out of gear before the hesitation usually.

I can feel it and hear it hesitating. It actually makes it hard to accelerate. The RPMs will rise and fall on the gauge while accelerating - it'll show 2.3..2.4..2.5..2.4..2.5..2.5..2.6 and then shift for instance. This only happens in 3rd gear.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? The only two dealers near me both need me to leave the Bronco for five days to get serviced, which is hard for me to do at the moment.
Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2.7 auto. Did the ford Performance tune. That seemed to help with shifting initially. Now it feels like it does have the first gear hesitation/bobble and other gears can be slightly rough unless you give it a lot of throttle then it all smooths out.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a Big Bend with the 2.3/auto. In 3rd gear only, I get a good amount of hesitation during acceleration. Happens with the engine warm or cold, any goat mode, and moderate or hard throttle. With light throttle it shifts out of gear before the hesitation usually.

I can feel it and hear it hesitating. It actually makes it hard to accelerate. The RPMs will rise and fall on the gauge while accelerating - it'll show 2.3..2.4..2.5..2.4..2.5..2.5..2.6 and then shift for instance. This only happens in 3rd gear.

Anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? The only two dealers near me both need me to leave the Bronco for five days to get serviced, which is hard for me to do at the moment.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored