john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just noticed that on the Automatic transmission there is a M and saw that means you can switch to a manual gear select. Is that true with all trim levels? I am getting the Big Bend 2.3 with auto.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just noticed that on the Automatic transmission there is a M and saw that means you can switch to a manual gear select. Is that true with all trim levels? I am getting the Big Bend 2.3 with auto.
Yes, all models. important in an off road vehicle, especially going downhill. My question is will it be able to limit the upper gear selection while in Drive like my 6 speed auto Fords. Very handy in the mountains.

Deleted member 3063

the computer will treat manual gear selects as a drivers suggestion and then do it's own thing with that request in mind.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is way more useful with paddle shifters, which are high on my project list. 😎

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
will treat manual gear selects as a drivers suggestion and then do it's own thing with that request in mind.
dayum....this system must've been invented by my wife

Sponsored

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The programming will not let you harm the vehicle. If you request a gear change and it is within the set parameters then the computer will do it. For instance, if lowering the gear will over rev the engine or if you try to come to a full stop in a high gear the programming will do what is best despite the human error.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The programming will not let you harm the vehicle. If you request a gear change and it is within the set parameters then the computer will do it. For instance, if lowering the gear will over rev the engine or if you try to come to a full stop in a high gear the programming will do what is best despite the human error.
Yeah, it's gonna step in if you're trying to be an idiot, true.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My truck has the select shift... in auto you can set a maximum gear... so, say 7th gear, it will only go up to 7th... really handy in town instead of it constantly downshifting.
Sponsored