Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
+ @Raptor11

Almost $300 for seat covers?
I have seat covers on my 2016 Mustang that cost me $9.95 each. Not $109.95... $9.95 from O'Reilly/AutoZone (can't remember which one).

I stick them in the wash once in a while and they work great.
If I need a "fitted" look to match fancy pants, then I take them off for the day and I have "like new" original seats.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm with you on the antenna!

I actually did a double take when someone else mentioned the antenna. I was like no... that can't be right. I can't remember the last time I've seen a car with an antenna. And I've been legit looking, like actively trying to see cars with antennas, and the only ones I see are either. 1. Jeeps. 2. Cars built before like 2010.
This kind of antenna works 500% better at pulling in stations than the kind built into the rear window or windscreen and 200% better than the shorty rubber ducky type. I'm all for it!

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This kind of antenna works 500% better at pulling in stations than the kind built into the rear window or windscreen and 200% better than the shorty rubber ducky type. I'm all for it!
Oh. I'm sure it does. But I didn't know anyone still listened to FM radio. I also live pretty close to a city. So even if I did listen to the radio, distance isn't really a factor.

Guess I'm just spoiled or something.

Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is @Administrator approved. I know we are all excited for the new Bronco. I for one, cannot wait to get my hands on one and really put it through some paces here in Utah. I’m dying to redo the Pony Express in one. I think ripping those historic trails would be spectacular in a Bronco. But that doesn’t mean everything is roses and clovers. There are still a few things I’m not so found of. This is that list.
10 Things I Hate About The New Ford Bronco
Seriously if you knock off the shock bolts you're going to need new control arms
Oh. I'm sure it does. But I didn't know anyone still listened to FM radio. I also live pretty close to a city. So even if I did listen to the radio, distance isn't really a factor.

Guess I'm just spoiled or something.
[/QUOTE Do you think the Bronco is only for you?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you think the Bronco is only for you?
no.

was merely sharing my opinion. And I get the other opinions, as I've now started to see the other side of why someone might want a stronger antenna.

Ford (or any major company for that matter) cannot make a car that pleases EVERYONE. They will likely side with the majority, or who their demo is. So, being in the area I live in, I guess the majority of cars are without 'old school' antennas. So it's naturally what I assumed this car would have. (I also thought back to the last 3 cars I've owned, and none of them had that style antenna either) But I also probably don't live in the Bronco's greatest demo.

So I guess the Bronco market calls for a stronger/better antenna. maybe for being out in the middle of nowhere? or 'wild'. who knows.

Or they just couldn't figure out where else to put it, and I just over thought all of this. lol

either way, I'll likely just remove it, or replace it with a 'stubby'. bc that's what I want to do. someone else might actually get a bigger and stronger antenna bc they want to talk to nasa or someshit. who am I to judge. ;)

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

and the motor isn't mounted on top, blocking more of the already limited view, it seems to be tucked behind the spare
On my Jeep I was able to use blades (front and rear) one inch longer than spec, cause...size matters.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford does this all the time. I spent weeks trying to find my wife an F-150 with rear AC vents. Ford only puts them in if you get the sport package with the console. Otherwise, two little vents under the seats like in the Bronco. And there is no excuse for it on the Bronco. The console is right there.

My number 1 complaint is going to be the gas tank. I don't even know how big it is but I know it's 4-6 gallons too small. Like my Mustang GT with the 16 gallon tank (14.5 on the gauge). Come on Ford, can't you give me more than 320 miles on a tank?
I wouldn't mind it being smaller for more ground clearance.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Air Dude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, Z3 F type Jag
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With all the testing on all different terrains, I notice any information on parts failures or weakest links has been conspicuously absent from ford engineering. Has anyone heard anything? There has got to be debriefs after all these events. Very curious.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the testing on all different terrains, I notice any information on parts failures or weakest links has been conspicuously absent from ford engineering. Has anyone heard anything? There has got to be debriefs after all these events. Very curious.
I recall a driver at KoH was blowing up half shafts? RCVs will solve that. Blow up the diff instead.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you mean by a “mold trap”?
Positioning a vent at floor level in a wash-out interior will be prone for water to be trapped in the vent. Moisture + dark environment = mold.

Air Dude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, Z3 F type Jag
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I recall a driver at KoH was blowing up half shafts? RCVs will solve that. Blow up the diff instead.
Guess ford engineers are keeping most of it on the down low. I suspect any chronic problems would be in direct conflict with their publicity campaign. Call me skeptical but, the silence is deafening. You know they are breaking stuff out there.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those worried about the antenna... with lifted vehicles, and especially those with roof racks, you can use these types of antennas as "feelers" to see if or how well you'll fit under things (like garages).
I was planning on replacing it with a stubby but after reading what you said I think I'll keep it! Thanks.
Sponsored