Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm with you on the antenna!

I actually did a double take when someone else mentioned the antenna. I was like no... that can't be right. I can't remember the last time I've seen a car with an antenna. And I've been legit looking, like actively trying to see cars with antennas, and the only ones I see are either. 1. Jeeps. 2. Cars built before like 2010.
Brand new 2020 F-150 STX. Bought it for my wife on Saturday. Whip antenna on the passenger side quarter panel.
Sponsored

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just bought a 2021 RZR Pro XP and it has an antenna. I guess with the constant hype of the all new Bronco Familiarity breeds contempt.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for pointing that out. You're right. It is completely unreasonable to expect rear A/C in a brand new vehicle.
Ford does this all the time. I spent weeks trying to find my wife an F-150 with rear AC vents. Ford only puts them in if you get the sport package with the console. Otherwise, two little vents under the seats like in the Bronco. And there is no excuse for it on the Bronco. The console is right there.

My number 1 complaint is going to be the gas tank. I don't even know how big it is but I know it's 4-6 gallons too small. Like my Mustang GT with the 16 gallon tank (14.5 on the gauge). Come on Ford, can't you give me more than 320 miles on a tank?

skater777

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hit the nail on the head. Ford overcomplicated the Bronco with too many models while missing basic things like roof racks on a sasquatch and bull bar blocking the letters. Few things he missed:

1. Carpet on back of rear seats.
2. Crazy seat colors and accent piping on the interior. Stick with black, gray, and tan solids. Keep it simple. No blue, yellow, etc. accents.
3. MIC color doesn't match the rest of the exterior plastic.
4. No rear cupholders without leather.
5. Too many equipment packages and poor value for Lux.

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing I hate about the Bronco is that freaking beauty ring that comes with sasquatch. But, nothing that powder coat can't fix.

Sponsored

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think people are making too big a deal out of the rear AC vents thing (lack of). My F150 SuperCrew is a much bigger cabin, has similar front vent setup- 2 on the outside of the dash, two in the center surrounding the screen. Point the center ones up at the celing, put it on high and eventually the rear passengers are begging for mercy. We have driven from Louisiana to Colorado several times, three kids in the back seats, 12 hour plus days in the saddle. You'll be fine.
Exactly right!

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford's white knights will be along to defend the Blue Oval's integrity so brace yourself. But if we are being honest with ourselves, Ford dropped the ball on certain issues that have been discussed before. One of your items was the rear A/C vents. You made the point, but you didn't spike the proverbial football. The 2-dr buyers don't even get a mold trap for the rear passengers.
Not sure what the point of having A/C is anyway when the top will be off half the year. Not the cold half.

Zenithon

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Dodge Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the antenna really that big of a deal? Some of us still like listening to the radio...
I guess not a huge deal, but this thing will fit into my garage with about 3 inches to spare, but that antenna looks so tall that it will be flying back and forth every time I pull in or out of the garage, which is a bit annoying. Why should it be taller than the roof?

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is an open top outdoor vehicle with potential for mud and water on the interior. BD and BL have wash out flooring and waterproof seats to enhance this. Ford has promoted that everything including switches are built to be hosed down and not be damaged by water.

If you look at a typical AC diagram in a car, the placement of the vents is in the back of the arm rest. If the vents are higher like this I would be very worried about water getting in the vents and sitting in the ac ducts.

MB E-class air ducts.jpg
very good point actually, the drawing makes this rather clear with that gooseneck at #140

Makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm sure my kids will be fine with something totally new anyways, no vents of any kind in the rear of my Tacoma :-D

Low Hammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

1st point. I like your videos Justin; even if I'm not a fan of your style
2nd point. I agree with you on the the front facing camera and the wiper. Exceptionally obvious dumb decisions on Ford's part. Hopefully Ford is taking feedback like this seriously.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure what the point of having A/C is anyway when the top will be off half the year. Not the cold half.
Ugh!

My first Jeep had no a/c, “Arizona a/c” the salesman told 18yo me.

you don’t need it with the doors and top off!!!

when you are sitting in beach traffic, SOME sort of cool air directed wherever is highly desired.

and when it’s pouring out and the hard top is on and it’s wicked muggy, you want a/c.

it still bothers me Jeep didn’t even offer it on the lower trim until Bronco made it standard.

Deleted member 18388

Aren't 3 of those all just the same? I scan the mag sites as well, but the occasional YouTube video is ok.

Better than watching reality TV or another home flipping or decorating show......

And why does that guy's spellcheck keep misspelling to fleshlight? I just don't understand.....??? 🤔...... Hmmmm??? 🤔
Were you and I the only ones to point out/notice that he used fleshlight instead of flashlight repeatedly. Even in further comments? 😂

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Were you and I the only ones to point out/notice that he used fleshlight instead of flashlight repeatedly. Even in further comments? 😂
Kinda makes you think....

dmenace

Wildtrak
First Name
DMENACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150/ MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My biggest beef with the Bronco... Seats! Wish solid black was available in the Wildtrack

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess that's the difference between where you live with dry heat and where I live.
Sponsored