Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

whats wrong with a front camera?
When i got in a badlands at the dealer the first thing that jumped out at me was the poor visability in front. I'm used to Ford trucks in which the front fenders kind of lower just a tad which greatly improves the drivers ability to see potential hazards. That was also an issue with the original Bronce poor visability to see what is in front of you. I'm hoping the 360 degree camera will solve this prioblem but i have yet to see a bronco with this option.
One I rode in at the event last weekend in TN had the 360 camera on, wheel cameras, front and rear.
I saw no issues.
Visibility is a bit limited just looking straight out but the camera helps that a lot.
I saw nothing in my ride along that makes me doubt my decision to buy. It’s a solid performer.
Sponsored

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
One I rode in at the event last weekend in TN had the 360 camera on, wheel cameras, front and rear.
I saw no issues.
Visibility is a bit limited just looking straight out but the camera helps that a lot.
I saw nothing in my ride along that makes me doubt my decision to buy. It’s a solid performer.
Thanks for the input. Does the camera allow one to see what each wheel may be about to go over in the next few inches. Often climbing trails or decending i have to get out examine exactly where my wheels will go then get back in move a few inches and then repeat over and over in order to negotiate rough terrain without damage. This is the first vehicle ever that has made any effort to address this issue....I hope.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the input. Does the camera allow one to see what each wheel may be about to go over in the next few inches. Often climbing trails or decending i have to get out examine exactly where my wheels will go then get back in move a few inches and then repeat over and over in order to negotiate rough terrain without damage. This is the first vehicle ever that has made any effort to address this issue....I hope.
yes, for sure.
There is a video on here...I'll try and link it. Shows a great example. Starting at about 13:10 it shows some examples...but the whole video, once they get going, is a great watch.

VIDEO: Backroad Driver Off-Road Ridealong Wildtrak Bronco @ Super Celebration East | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m actually glad the 2 DR has no rear a/c, I plan on doing a back seats delete!
Never could figure why anyone seriously into off roading would opt for a long wheelbase like 4drs all have which make it harder to go over obstacles. The old army jeep and CJ5 are the ultimate full size vehicle for getting in and out of tight places and I'm hoping the new 2dr Bronco will match the CJ5's abilities.

Goat4454

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Novice here... what is issue with Rock rails mounted on body? Will they not be strong enough?

Sponsored

TaylorH

Badlands
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Novice here... what is issue with Rock rails mounted on body? Will they not be strong enough?
Generally rock rails should be mounted to the frame, otherwise if the body weight of the vehicle is supported by the rails against rocks it could damage/bend the body where the rock rails mount to the body, and that's difficult and expensive to fix. If rock rails are mounted to the frame which is stronger, there is no chance of damage. The rails take all of the abuse and the frame can handle it. This is one of the benefits of having a body-on-frame offroad vehicle (vs a unibody.) However, Ford says these body mounted rock rails can support the weight of the vehicle. If so, then so be it and I guess it's not an issue. I remain a bit skeptical and this goes against common practice. Maybe it's fine, but I'd be less confident and perhaps it matters how severe the contact with rocks is. I'd like to see a video of a badlands with Ford stock rock rails drag against a boulder and live through it.

Here are a couple of quick reads:
The short of it:

Running boards, tube steps, and nerf bars are designed to hold human body weight. They are lighter and hollow. They are fine to mount to the body. They stick out a lot an really only designed as a step and minor protection again bumps. You can damage the body if the weight of the vehicle comes in contact with rocks or objects

Rock sliders are are heavy duty. Mount to the frame. Geerally not so great as a step because they don't stick out as much (otherwise it impedes clearance.) But there are some sliders that can work at as step in limited fashion. They should support the full weight of the vehicle without damage to the frame or body.

https://www.morris4x4center.com/knowledge-center/Difference-Between-Running-Boards-Rock-Sliders/
https://trail4runner.com/2017/11/03/rock-sliders-vs-nerf-bars-vs-running-boards/

Last edited:

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in Arizona so the rear vents are important to me. I run my AC year round. My Flex has roof vents in the rear which work great, especially since I haul my dog around all the time. Vents under the seat are useless to be because I fold all the rear seats down flat for my dog. Without a fixed roof, I don't see how they could have effective rear vents.
IMG_20210219_095031.jpg
I get why they couldn't put them in the roof (it comes off) and not wanting to put them in the rear of the center console (very small) but it would have been great if they were in the pillars like my wife's Santa Fe.
Ford Bronco 10 Things I Hate About The New Bronco 16ba2058d24c081dc3f92caf6aefb570

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, that windshield wiper is the maximum length allowable since its the height of the rear window.

You could have a longer wiper, but then it would flop around above the top of the vehicle.
Yep, although a double rear wiper system would have been more effective due to the short but wide window.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco is missing part numbers 125, 130, 135, 140 and 150. Those would solve the rear A/C problem. If part 150 is closed before going on a hose-down frenzy, there won't be an issue. Any tiny amount of water introduced could be quickly evaporated by the de-humidified air that comes from the A/C.

Also, many people mistakenly think that 100, 105, 110, 115 are A/C ducts. These are heating ducts. Water is more likely to enter 115 than 150.
Wow - talk about being late to the table. This is the first I have seen this post. My kids were bitching about it being hot in the back. Is there any resolution to this such as adding the missing duct work?
Sponsored