2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
No the cooling (and heating when cold) happens from the engine coolant flowing through this heat exchanger.

The radiator behind the grille will be where you want airflow
Understand. I haven't had an issue in my f150 w/ 3.5 and hot trans temps with larger tires but I did have to install an aftermarket manual trans cooler in my jeep grill after regearing to 4.88s until I installed my intercooler, then switched to electronic fan controlled cooler. So I wasn't sure which trans cooler the Bronco was running.

Advertisement

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX-450h, BMW R1150 GS
Clubs

1622576809368.png

1622576849631.png

Front bash plate mandatory after seeing what's hanging around in this area.
More importantly, at least from my perspective, can one (or both) of those coolers be relocated in order to tuck a winch closer inboard (i.e., nearer to the engine), like on the Bronco 4600 race truck, to maintain the Bronco’s design approach angle and not block the camera? 🤔

flip

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

More importantly, at least from my perspective, can one (or both) of those coolers be relocated in order to tuck a winch closer inboard (i.e., nearer to the engine), like on the Bronco 4600 race truck, to maintain the Bronco’s design approach angle and not block the camera? 🤔
I would tell you my FCTP unit would be here at the end of the month and I would take measurements. My zone manager was kind enough to send an email saying all 4 door FCTP units will all be getting soft tops but mine is a 2 door and it looks like am getting the bone. No idea when I’ll get it now, probably going to be a 4 door now.

D2dhanover

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
The trans cooler heat exchanger for sure can be rerouted with some creative flexibility. The charge air cooler will be more of a challenge.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX-450h, BMW R1150 GS
Clubs

The trans cooler heat exchanger for sure can be rerouted with some creative flexibility. The charge air cooler will be more of a challenge.
I agree. I think the relocation solution for the CAC is going to have to include some creative ductwork to maintain directed airflow. I would love to crawl under the 4600 and see how the designers did it there with my own eyes.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 93 Bronco, 13 F250 6.2L
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

so many complaints for brand new transmission omg.. i hope Ford switches to CVT for MY22 to punish all of you complainers.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! :ROFLMAO:

1622576809368.png

1622576849631.png

Front bash plate mandatory after seeing what's hanging around in this area.
No doubt! I joked in another thread about moving it on top of the engine with a hood scoop like a Subaru but maybe that really is an option worth considering.

flip

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

YOU TAKE THAT BACK! :ROFLMAO:

No doubt! I joked in another thread about moving it on top of the engine with a hood scoop like a Subaru but maybe that really is an option worth considering.
I'm going to have my parts dept add this to the list of parts we stock for the BR. Either you have full bash plates or the aero shield. Even if you don't do much off roading, I think the front shield needs to be steel just for the protection factor.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
I would tell you my FCTP unit would be here at the end of the month and I would take measurements. My zone manager was kind enough to send an email saying all 4 door FCTP units will all be getting soft tops but mine is a 2 door and it looks like am getting the bone. No idea when I’ll get it now, probably going to be a 4 door now.
Wow someone at Ford is using their brain!! Who woulda thunk. It only makes sense to deliver the mannequin models with soft tops and reserve the hard tops for customer orders. How long do you guys have to hold them before you can sell them?

flip

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

Wow someone at Ford is using their brain!! Who woulda thunk. It only makes sense to deliver the mannequin models with soft tops and reserve the hard tops for customer orders. How long do you guys have to hold them before you can sell them?
7 months. Ford configured these for us so we had 0 input to what model, options or accessory package we got. We were supposed to get a base, race red, 2 door, squatch, roof rails, 2.7, auto, build date of 6/18. Now, no idea if and or when we'll get one. But to your point, yes, they are killing 2 doors due to lack of tops and all 4 doors will get soft top. The assumption is all hard top production is going to FE and retail orders like it should.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
7 months. Ford configured these for us so we had 0 input to what model, options or accessory package we got. We were supposed to get a base, race red, 2 door, squatch, roof rails, 2.7, auto, build date of 6/18. Now, no idea if and or when we'll get one. But to your point, yes, they are killing 2 doors due to lack of tops and all 4 doors will get soft top. The assumption is all hard top production is going to FE and retail orders like it should.
Makes sense now why my dealer was getting a 2 door wildtrak for theirs. You might have insight to this. Why won’t they just call all the Broncos 2022s? Why are they hell bent on making a 2021 bronco when typical change over happens around this time.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Why are they hell bent on making a 2021 bronco when typical change over happens around this time.
That would be a public acknowledgment of defeat. They said they were gonna make a MY2021 - ant they're by-god gonna do it, even it's delivered just in time for Christmas.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport

flip

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

Would have thought an IC more like this one, with many aftermarket bumpers and winches being in the way, and some might go "mudding", which could easily cake up the stock location.

https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/2015-f-150-ecoboost-freakoboost-intercooler-cac-upgrade-kit/
1622636089047.png

It is protected by this shield. The other thing is Bronco does sit up higher so it's got a little more going for it than a car. My concern is this shield being plastic/fiberboard from the aero package or if all have a steel plate here. Bash plate here should be one of the first upgrades if you intend to do any off roading but if you're going this far may as well get the others so you don't punch a hole in the plastic fuel tank or bust your transfer case.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
My concern is this shield being plastic/fiberboard from the aero package or if all have a steel plate here.
Phil....don't some of the trims like BD & BL have full underbody steel bash plates?

flip

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Clubs

Phil....don't some of the trims like BD & BL have full underbody steel bash plates?
Yes, and I think if you get the modular front bumper it comes standard. Too...many....options......ugh.

Advertisement

fifteen52

Advertisement