Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Th is one is strange..if all of this is accurate. Putting a transmission rated to such a tiny degree above the stock torque rating is baffling. Maybe they changed the spec or the transmission. Maybe they decided the 60 is just a Better transmission than the 80. I would like to hear the rationale. It is just very limiting as far as tunes which is a problem. Maybe I won’t tune, as 330hp with 425ft of torque is already very strong, but I would like the option. Not a deal breaker, but puzzling.
These guys must not know the liability they are in for :rolleyes:

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP631160

Ford Bronco 10R60 (not 10R80) 10-speed automatic transmission for 2021 Bronco [update: confirmed in Ford parts system] 1620656199854

https://5startuning.com/got-a-2020-explorer-st-3-0l-v6-ecoboost/

Ford Bronco 10R60 (not 10R80) 10-speed automatic transmission for 2021 Bronco [update: confirmed in Ford parts system] 1620656253317
Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I’m sure they wouldn’t have an issue normally, from what I was told by a couple of dealers is Ford will penalize them on the next allocations if the reservation customer doesn’t purchase a converted order. Might have been an early on thing to deter dealers from reserving them for themselves just to have inventory on their lots but just how it sounded to me at the time was they will not get any good graces the next time they try to fill orders.
I am sure if you decline to purchase the vehicle upon delivery or are denied a loan/lease the dealer can then sell it to whomever they wish.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the ranger gets the 80 I am really surprised the Bronco just gets the 60.
But without knowing how much power the transmission is built for we can't compare.
They may be very close. And the 60 may be shorter so it fits better.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
While I’m sure they wouldn’t have an issue normally, from what I was told by a couple of dealers is Ford will penalize them on the next allocations if the reservation customer doesn’t purchase a converted order. Might have been an early on thing to deter dealers from reserving them for themselves just to have inventory on their lots but just how it sounded to me at the time was they will not get any good graces the next time they try to fill orders.
Yeah, you might be right, I haven't asked a dealer specifically so I don't really know. FWIW, I had 2 reservations, a day one and then a 2nd one a few days later. We weren't sure if we would be held to order the exact model of the reservation at the time, so we made one for a 4 door and one for a 2 since we were on the fence. We wanted to cancel the 2nd reservation, but the dealer said they would order 2 identical broncos for us, and we would get whichever came in first and they would just take the 2nd order into dealer inventory. They made it sound like any extra Broncos they could get their hands on would be icing on the cake.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not to be that guy, but the 2020 Explorer cannot be flat towed behind a motorhome. I suspect it's because it lacks a 4WD transfer case even though it come in 4WD options.

This is starting to make me concerned all together about the Bronco. Flat tow is a must, Ford said it could be flat towed. Therefore, someone has their information slightly off because 2020 Explorer != 2021 Bronco - even with a R60/R80 tranny.

Ford Bronco 10R60 (not 10R80) 10-speed automatic transmission for 2021 Bronco [update: confirmed in Ford parts system] 1620656253317
While they may (or may not) share a transmission, they do not share a common transfer case. Flat towing is OK in a Bronco (or Ranger) because the transfer case can be shifted into neutral, not the transmission.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

While they may (or may not) share a transmission, they do not share a common transfer case. Flat towing is OK in a Bronco (or Ranger) because the transfer case can be shifted into neutral, not the transmission.
or F150 :cool:

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahh, Monday morning and we're still arguing because of the letter T and grab handles. The days of not enough cup holders and cheap plastic interior seem like a distant memory. B6G, please never change.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ordered my Bronco without a transmission. I will cut a hole in the floorboard and yell "Yabadabadoo!"

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone freaking out about fake, made up transmission torque ratings is peak Bronco6G. Chill out.

The 60=600Nm/lb-ft/rods per horsehoof is made up and doesn't mean what you think it means.
Please explain what you know and provide sources. What does "it" mean? What is the true rating of the 10R60 transmission? Seriously, put my mind at ease by explaining and show documentation that supports your ideas. I would love to have the peace of mind with this transmission knowing that it has plenty of "overhead" for the 2.7 with or without a tune.

Sponsored

wjfawb0 [hacked account]

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I remember when 2015 mustang GT owners were selling their cars and going back to terminators. They said the new cars just don't feel fast. All new throttle by wire cars are torque managed to prevent warranty issues. Manual transmissions make it a little more difficult, but they can add valves to the hydraulic clutches that slow clutch engagement to limit forces from side stepping clutches.

I wonder how a new driver today -- only experienced with driving a throttle by wire, ESC/traction control equipped vehicle -- would handle an old cable throttle car like a terminator or viper? Probably not very well.

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
How can we believe anything that ford says when they keep changing the ball.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder when someone here will calculate the power required to tow a 3500 lb trailer up a steep, rocky hill (high rpm/torque). Then we'll understand if the 10R60 is a really BAD idea to put in an off road vehicle.

Ford Bronco 10R60 (not 10R80) 10-speed automatic transmission for 2021 Bronco [update: confirmed in Ford parts system] 1620660994409

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The transmission name breaks down the “document”

10R60 = 600 Nm / 442 foot pounds
10R80 = 800 Nm / 590 foot pounds

The Camaro ZL1 has a 10L90 = 900 Nm / 663 foot pounds
I should be golden. My feet don't weigh anything close to that. Dang, you guys got some big feet to be worried like that....

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I remember when 2015 mustang GT owners were selling their cars and going back to terminators. They said the new cars just don't feel fast. All new throttle by wire cars are torque managed to prevent warranty issues. Manual transmissions make it a little more difficult, but they can add valves to the hydraulic clutches that slow clutch engagement to limit forces from side stepping clutches.

I wonder how a new driver today -- only experienced with driving a throttle by wire, ESC/traction control equipped vehicle -- would handle an old cable throttle car like a terminator or viper? Probably not very well.
Isn't the current Mustang GT faster than the Terminator? That being said, you can throw way more power (reliably) on the Terminator block and Tremec than you can on the 5.0L and MT82.

I've driven the Terminator, current Mustang GT, Mustang GT350, and current Mustang Mach 1. I didn't have an issue driving the Terminator. It's not difficult to drive. The Viper actively tries to kill you though.
Sponsored

Last edited: