Sponsored

11/17 Reservation and already scheduled to build 6/21/21??

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am getting a 2-door Base Sasquatch, 2.3, AMB. I reserved on 11/17/2020 and just got an email saying, "We are excited to let you know your 2021 Bronco™ BASE 2 Door has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of June 21, 2021." I am blown away! I thought I was looking at mid-2022 to get it. Are they pulling my leg?

Bronco Order.jpg
Good for you congratulations!
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well informed dealer with good communication skills?

As far as I am concerned that adds credence to this being a priority build... seems likely that they would have been aware of them, and they're clearly aware of you.

Either way, congrats!
I was told the exact same thing by my Dealership. Dealership allocation and build configuration are really the determining factors as a result of Ford's ability to acquire the parts to build each customer's specific Bronco configuration.

If a Customer's configuration matches up with Ford's supply chain commodity availability, and tied to the Customer's position in his selling dealer's MY '21 allocation, Ford is going to build that specific Bronco, ship it and collect the revenue for it.

No one can blame Ford for manufacturing the configurations it can build and then selling them to people who can buy those configurations. September 19th was a key date, until March 19th supplanted it because Ford then knew exactly what configurations it could build with the commodities it has in its supply chain pipeline. And again, all tied to where the Customer sits in line in his dealer allocation quantity.

Last edited:

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told the exact same thing by my Dealership. Dealership allocation and build configuration are really the determining factors as a result of Ford's ability to acquire the parts to build each customer's specific Bronco configuration.

If a Customer's configuration matches up with Ford's supply chain commodity availability, and tied to the Customer's position in his selling dealer's MY '21 allocation, Ford is going to build that specific Bronco, ship it and collect the revenue for it.

No one can blame Ford for building the configurations it can build and then selling them to people who can buy those configurations. September 19th was a key date, until March 19th supplanted it because Ford then knew exactly what configurations it could build with the commodities it has in it's supply chain pipeline. And again, all tied to where the Customer sits in line in his dealer allocation quantity.
Thats a great theory but I don’t believe the OP would have been high on any dealers list with an 11/17 reservation.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Typically - companies would have made a master plan of trim mixes to manufacture in a plant And source parts for it.

They did not anticipate the demand shift to upper trims; and hence when they start to build now; they can do the base / mid trims earlier since that has already been secured based on their original assumption vs orders.

It will take them a few months to shift it all back to the upper trims. That means a few of the lucky ones here who went safe with the base/mid trims get lucky to get their Broncos early.
This is precisely why I almost considered switching to 2.3 + tune.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thats a great theory but I don’t believe the OP would have been high on any dealers list with an 11/17 reservation.
It depends on who on the dealer's allocation list was timestamped ahead of the OP, but dropped to MY'22 production based on their build configuration.

Build config > dealer allocation > timestamp

Reservation quantity up to 9/19/20 (i.e. timestamp) determined initial dealer allocation numbers. Then vehicle ordering up to 3/19/21 based on commodity availability of build configuration redetermined allocation number for the dealer, then reservation timestamp within the dealer's MY'21 allotment determined what order the buildable configuration is delivered to the dealership.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It depends on who on the dealer's allocation list was timestamped ahead of the OP, but dropped to MY'22 production based on their build configuration.

Reservation quantity up to 9/19/20 (i.e. timestamp) determined initial dealer allocation numbers. Then vehicle ordering up to 3/19/21 based on commodity availability of build configuration redetermined allocation number for the dealer, then reservation timestamp within the dealer's MY'21 allotment determined what order the buildable configuration is delivered to the dealership.
Makes sense to me.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side request: Can we have a moratorium on people posting, "I chose to wait until 2022"? If that's the case, please quit telling us about it until 2022. We don't understand you.

Let the impatient Bronco fiends yammer without popping in to tell us how aloof you are.
I love it when people come to a discussion forum and try to stop folks from adding to the discussion.

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am getting a 2-door Base Sasquatch, 2.3, AMB. I reserved on 11/17/2020 and just got an email saying, "We are excited to let you know your 2021 Bronco™ BASE 2 Door has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of June 21, 2021." I am blown away! I thought I was looking at mid-2022 to get it. Are they pulling my leg?

Bronco Order.jpg
If this is correct????? Another Ford F up!!! Will not be happy as I was somewhere in the first 12 hours to order. Good for you though!!!

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If I give you my build, my timestamp, and my dealer, can you tell me when I’m getting my truck please.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Then they definitely aren’t doing what I said they should.
I see. You were making a statement about Ford launching a vehicle and then not being able to meet demand.

I think the heart of this is:

Ford: “We’ll open reservations in 2020, have at least 6 months to get our ducks in order, begin production, and ship all estimated 100,000 - 120,000 reservations as MY21”

COVID: *Global stay-at-home orders. Manufacturing sector grinds to a halt*

Order Banks Open: *200,000 reservations*

Webasto: “So, about that factory that was supposed to be ready... we need more time.”

Rockstars: “Hey, uh... this B&P is really giving us a hard time with all these combinations and weird GVWR errors... it’s not ready to launch.”

Dealers: *CONVERT ALL THE ORDERS*

Reservation Holders: “Figure out how to unconvert orders and transfer them to new dealers before anything else happens”

Taiwanese Chip Manufacturers: “Hey, so about those chips we said we could provide...”

Webasto: “Hi, yeah, me again... so about those mod tops.”

Ford: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

All that’s to say, I don’t think for a second this is going to plan, or even close to how Ford envisioned. Are they at least somewhat culpable? Perhaps.... but I don’t believe for a second that there was any malice or that they aren’t trying their hardest to fix things.

$0.02

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I give you my build, my timestamp, and my dealer, can you tell me when I’m getting my truck please.
Your dealer can help you with that; I can't. I reserved a Bronco, I ordered a Bronco, and I expect delivery of a Bronco sometime in the future. Just like you.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see. You were making a statement about Ford launching a vehicle and then not being able to meet demand.

I think the heart of this is:

Ford: “We’ll open reservations in 2020, have at least 6 months to get our ducks in order, begin production, and ship all estimated 100,000 - 120,000 reservations as MY21”

COVID: *Global stay-at-home orders. Manufacturing sector grinds to a halt*

Order Banks Open: *200,000 reservations*

Webasto: “So, about that factory that was supposed to be ready... we need more time.”

Rockstars: “Hey, uh... this B&P is really giving us a hard time with all these combinations and weird GVWR errors... it’s not ready to launch.”

Dealers: *CONVERT ALL THE ORDERS*

Reservation Holders: “Figure out how to unconvert orders and transfer them to new dealers before anything else happens”

Taiwanese Chip Manufacturers: “Hey, so about those chips we said we could provide...”

Webasto: “Hi, yeah, me again... so about those mod tops.”

Ford: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

All that’s to say, I don’t think for a second this is going to plan, or even close to how Ford envisioned. Are they at least somewhat culpable? Perhaps.... but I don’t believe for a second that there was any malice or that they aren’t trying their hardest to fix things.

$0.02
And then there are the C-suite Ford Execs looking to the Bronco team for the revenue, which was promised to the shareholders and the Board of Directors...

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As a November 2 reservation holder...this thread gives me hope. Hoping for September/October. Realistically expecting November/December.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a November 2 reservation holder...this thread gives me hope. Hoping for September/October. Realistically expecting November/December.
It’s a crapshoot based on my experience as a crapshooter.