First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two years and four days after my initial order, my dealer called this morning, and it finally arrived. I picked it up at 2:30 pm today, and to their credit, everything was easy and seamless. My price protection was in place, and I was at the dealer for only about 30 minutes. They didn't hard sell me on the warranty or anything else.

The only hiccup is the bash plate is plastic, and they immediately sent in the misbuild info, and we will keep me posted when the correct part comes in. - I ordered the Katzkin leather from them and will be in sometime next week for a one-day install. I love how the Eruption Green changes depending on the light. Let the upgrades begin. :)

7/20/20 reservation

11/22 blend, chip hold, 12/05 "built" email, 1/10 left MAP, 1/19 arrived St. Paul MN rail yard, 2/2/23 delivery.

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 4.34.01 PM
Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 4.12.20 PM
Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 4.12.06 PM
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two years and four days after my initial order, my dealer called this morning, and it finally arrived. I picked it up at 2:30 pm today, and to their credit, everything was easy and seamless. My price protection was in place, and I was at the dealer for only about 30 minutes. They didn't hard sell me on the warranty or anything else.

The only hiccup is the bash plate is plastic, and they immediately sent in the misbuild info, and we will keep me posted when the correct part comes in. - I ordered the Katzkin leather from them and will be in sometime next week for a one-day install. I love how the Eruption Green changes depending on the light. Let the upgrades begin. :)

7/20/20 reservation

11/22 blend, chip hold, 12/05 "built" email, 1/10 left MAP, 1/19 arrived St. Paul MN rail yard, 2/2/23 delivery.

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet Screen Shot 2023-02-02 at 4.12.06 PM
Nice!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheā€™s here! Finally picked her up yesterday. šŸ˜Š Sheā€™s great! She lumbers, but think they filled her up with 87 octane. I loaded her with 93, so it should help a tad on the power, but breaking her in for that first 1000. Thanks everyone for The group therapy. I know a few of you remain, but itā€™s close rest assured. Time to load lights and figure out the ARB compressor location.

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet F45C7613-E83E-4BEE-A8F6-E0A0B5B3126C

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sheā€™s here! Finally picked her up yesterday. šŸ˜Š Sheā€™s great! She lumbers, but think they filled her up with 87 octane. I loaded her with 93, so it should help a tad on the power, but breaking her in for that first 1000. Thanks everyone for The group therapy. I know a few of you remain, but itā€™s close rest assured. Time to load lights and figure out the ARB compressor location.

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet F45C7613-E83E-4BEE-A8F6-E0A0B5B3126C
Why did you think it was slow? What were you expecting?

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did you think it was slow? What were you expecting?
I was expecting it to be on the slower side for sure and I know itā€™s a lot of weight to slow down once rolling, so Iā€™ll adjust. I have the 2.7 and had told myself it would move off of the line quicker.

Just felt it was taking a moment to wake up meaning fire up the turbos which then come on with some oomph.. Iā€™d read and heard others whoā€˜ve said something similar, but nothing shaped like this should be quick.

Overall, I think itā€™s awesome. The stance, ride hight, and planted felling are much more important to me in an off-roader than acceleration. Iā€™m fine driving in the right lanes on the highway. :)

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was expecting it to be on the slower side for sure and I know itā€™s a lot of weight to slow down once rolling, so Iā€™ll adjust. I have the 2.7 and had told myself it would move off of the line quicker.

Just felt it was taking a moment to wake up meaning fire up the turbos which then come on with some oomph.. Iā€™d read and heard others whoā€˜ve said something similar, but nothing shaped like this should be quick.

Overall, I think itā€™s awesome. The stance, ride hight, and planted felling are much more important to me in an off-roader than acceleration. Iā€™m fine driving in the right lanes on the highway. :)
I think it depends on your expectations. I didnā€™t expect it to outgun my wifeā€™s Mustang GT.

Also donā€™t romp on it too hard until you break it in. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they nerfed it some until you get some miles on it. You know, to prevent certain people (ahem) from doing burnouts out of the dealership.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it depends on your expectations. I didnā€™t expect it to outgun my wifeā€™s Mustang GT.

Also donā€™t romp on it too hard until you break it in. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they nerfed it some until you get some miles on it. You know, to prevent certain people (ahem) from doing burnouts out of the dealership.
For sure, I know BMW does that, so other marqs likely dial things back a bit as well. Seems once past maybe gear 4 the power comes on well.

Itā€™s also the same adjustment I have to make going from the wifeā€™s SUV or my now former 440i to the old Disco which moves like molasses.

Had the chance to park in some of the more urban spaces this morning, it gets in and out very well. Contribute the ease of manuvering something so big and heavy to good engineering, being a 2 Dr, and those cameras are the tits! šŸ˜œ

Heading on over to your build thread for some updates Iā€™ll be doing as well.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For sure, I know BMW does that, so other marqs likely dial things back a bit as well. Seems once past maybe gear 4 the power comes on well.

Itā€™s also the same adjustment I have to make going from the wifeā€™s SUV or my now former 440i to the old Disco which moves like molasses.

Had the chance to park in some of the more urban spaces this morning, it gets in and out very well. Contribute the ease of manuvering something so big and heavy to good engineering, being a 2 Dr, and those cameras are the tits! šŸ˜œ

Heading on over to your build thread for some updates Iā€™ll be doing as well.
Letā€™s be real. Itā€™s not an F-350 Dually. I was in town yesterday and if anything you can see so much more from this high. But I was never worried about the size. The more I drive it the smaller it gets.

Just finished up more goodies. Youā€™re just in time.

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Around day 17 now sitting on the auto ramp at the Pearland, TX rail yard. I wouldnā€™t be the first to sit over a month waiting for a transport truck, but hoping I donā€™t end up with that badge of honor too after all the delays and waiting.

Each week that goes by I just buy another accessory to go on the Bronco and that way I at least have the excitement of SOMETHING arriving šŸ˜­

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Around day 17 now sitting on the auto ramp at the Pearland, TX rail yard. I wouldnā€™t be the first to sit over a month waiting for a transport truck, but hoping I donā€™t end up with that badge of honor too after all the delays and waiting.

Each week that goes by I just buy another accessory to go on the Bronco and that way I at least have the excitement of SOMETHING arriving šŸ˜­
It has a lot to do with how many vehicles are going to the same place as yours. And how many trucks are available. Hang in there! Soon youā€™ll be trying to figure out which accessory to put on first and it will be the best dilemma ever.

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It has a lot to do with how many vehicles are going to the same place as yours. And how many trucks are available. Hang in there! Soon youā€™ll be trying to figure out which accessory to put on first and it will be the best dilemma ever.
Yeah, I am still super excited and know it will come soon. My dealer had 40 orders there as of last week, so as you say, probably a bottleneck there too on where I am in the priority for pickup. I hear you on which accessories to tackle first. I think it's going to be the go rhino rock slider/steps and the diode dynamics fog pocket kit for me. should be able to tackle both in a couple of hours.

Last edited:

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It finally arrived yesterday! I hadnā€™t received a call from the dealer yet, but I saw it move to final preparation in the tracker so I of course immediately contacted them. They were swamped and wanted to wait until next week, but they were great to put priority on it and get me out the door.

75C48894-537B-4496-8A00-04C3CB865A01.jpeg

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It finally arrived yesterday! I hadnā€™t received a call from the dealer yet, but I saw it move to final preparation in the tracker so I of course immediately contacted them. They were swamped and wanted to wait until next week, but they were great to put priority on it and get me out the door.

Ford Bronco 11/21/2022 Build Week w/Spreadsheet 75C48894-537B-4496-8A00-04C3CB865A01
Did you threaten to camp out in their parking lot?

TXbasesqatchin

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you threaten to camp out in their parking lot?
Ha! Something similar. They said ā€œweā€™ll work you in, but it may take a few hours, so be patientā€. After 900+ days since my reservation, who hasnā€™t exercised patience so I brought my laptop and got a lot of work done in the dealership lobby.
Sponsored