Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

All of the above posts are the reasons I'm switching my order from a Big Bend to a Badlands. I glad all of you have reminded me that life is short and YOLO.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny, because as I sit here on my 6" phone screen reading about your story, I thought you were going down the path of how crazy we are for "needing" that 12" screen.

I watch tv, movies, just about everything on my phone... But when Bronco offered me up 12 vs 8, I had to have it!

...man that post can be taken different ways!

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok! So I’m highly entertained as my husband sits on the couch with a whiskey and watching a video on his phone!
he says “holy cow! The 2022 F250 is getting a 12” screen!” Mind you get just took delivery of his 2021 Iconic Silver F250 a week ago.
My response as I sip a beautiful Prosecco: “ OH I’m getting that in MY Bronco!! I spent a fortune and it’ll have everything, you’ll learn to love it!!! “

Yes. I get what I want but I work hard for it!!!
I have never in my life spent this on a vehicle. If 2020 taught us anything-life is precious, life is short, and I’m gonna drive The best looking vehicle in the subdivision! Lol 😂 I have been through a lot in life. Sometimes I wonder why or how I survived a few situations- but I’m here . I’m so grateful for what I have and will always be a hard worker! Please don’t take this as a brag situation but as a “HOLY SHIT “ I’m incredibly lucky situation! 😎.
Congrats on your bronco and your husbands f250 I also noticed you are a Cubs fan if my Phillies have no shot which is often I tend to route for the Cubs it was awsome to see you guys finally get that World Series couple years ago

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok! So I’m highly entertained as my husband sits on the couch with a whiskey and watching a video on his phone!
he says “holy cow! The 2022 F250 is getting a 12” screen!” Mind you get just took delivery of his 2021 Iconic Silver F250 a week ago.
My response as I sip a beautiful Prosecco: “ OH I’m getting that in MY Bronco!! I spent a fortune and it’ll have everything, you’ll learn to love it!!! “

I have never in my life spent this on a vehicle. If 2020 taught us anything-life is precious, life is short, and I’m gonna drive The best looking vehicle in the subdivision! Lol 😂 I have been through a lot in life. Sometimes I wonder why or how I survived a few situations- but I’m here . I’m so grateful for what I have and will always be a hard worker! Please don’t take this as a brag situation but as a “HOLY SHIT “ I’m incredibly lucky situation! 😎.
Thanks for doing what you do! My wife is a nurse as well, so I know of what you speak. No disrespect to Doctors, but Nurses are the backbone of the medical profession. Stay safe and enjoy that Bronco, (when it arrives).

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You’re a nurse and you made it through 2020 and thus far 2021... Time to brag a little ;)
Right?! They’re going to need to build a memorial on the Mall in Washington dedicated to the nurses of Covid.

yeah yeah, doctors whatever - we know who’s really doing the work on the front lines!

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yay @NurseA.J!
Happy that you're proud of this accomplishment. I feel the exact same way about this endeavor

I was raised and brought up on "go big or go home" and YOLO. Popular sayings that you know, I've taken on from my peers and rap music LOL. So it was natural for me to max the big Bronco out. But this was exasperated by 2020's mess!!

I too work for a hospital and our CEO reminds us every week how important out work is.. I just bought my first house and I'm getting night terrors at the thought of all this money going out 😭😭
About to drop a major load probably beginning of 2022 for the Bronco. But you know what in the end it doesn't hurt me. I'll be happy sitting in my brand new house and my brand new truck.

My Barber this morning oddly enough gave me a very similar speach about how we should treat ourselves similar to your post, that made me feel at ease. Must be in the air. Maybe because Spring is approaching 🤔

Last edited:

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

... If 2020 taught us anything-life is precious, life is short, and I’m gonna drive The best looking vehicle in the subdivision! Lol 😂 I have been through a lot in life. Sometimes I wonder why or how I survived a few situations- but I’m here . I’m so grateful for what I have and will always be a hard worker! Please don’t take this as a brag situation but as a “HOLY SHIT “ I’m incredibly lucky situation! 😎.
You're not kidding. I lost my GF of 23 years in December '19. She was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy and diabetes in early May '18. I went into full nurse and dietitian mode when she was able to come home after 2 weeks. Actually got her numbers so good after several months, that she didn't need meds any more for the diabetes. Got her down to ideal healthy weight, and through our efforts improved her EF from 5% to 39% MUGA scan after 7 months. They were so impressed they said see you in a year for tests! Life seemed great, and her condition seemed manageable. We squeaked out another 11 months together, before her heart just stopped one night in her sleep - just poof, gone. Even now I just still can't wrap my head around it. And only three weeks before her one year scheduled tests. Felt like my life had completely crashed and ended, I was a living ghost. Then BOOM pandemic three months later. It's pretty difficult to attempt to move on when you're locked up by yourself. You can imagine how dark things got.

She knew fully my love for "toys", and always supported my interests. So when the Bronco reveal came around, with the reservation process and all the research and fun on this and BN website - I'm telling you as dumb as it sounds - it kept me out of that really dark place that I could have so easily sunk further in to. It really helped pull me out. I finally had a much needed distraction and passion for something again. I never spent 50k+ on a vehicle either, but you're right damnit - life is short with no guarantee of tomorrow. Sorry to spill my life story, but yeah, I feel incredibly lucky as well, to still be with the living. Really makes you appreciate the little things.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're not kidding. I lost my GF of 23 years in December '19. She was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy and diabetes in early May '18. I went into full nurse and dietitian mode when she was able to come home after 2 weeks. Actually got her numbers so good after several months, that she didn't need meds any more for the diabetes. Got her down to ideal healthy weight, and through our efforts improved her EF from 5% to 39% MUGA scan after 7 months. They were so impressed they said see you in a year for tests! Life seemed great, and her condition seemed manageable. We squeaked out another 11 months together, before her heart just stopped one night in her sleep - just poof, gone. Even now I just still can't wrap my head around it. And only three weeks before her one year scheduled tests. Felt like my life had completely crashed and ended, I was a living ghost. Then BOOM pandemic three months later. It's pretty difficult to attempt to move on when you're locked up by yourself. You can imagine how dark things got.

She knew fully my love for "toys", and always supported my interests. So when the Bronco reveal came around, with the reservation process and all the research and fun on this and BN website - I'm telling you as dumb as it sounds - it kept me out of that really dark place that I could have so easily sunk further in to. It really helped pull me out. I finally had a much needed distraction and passion for something again. I never spent 50k+ on a vehicle either, but you're right damnit - life is short with no guarantee of tomorrow. Sorry to spill my life story, but yeah, I feel incredibly lucky as well, to still be with the living. Really makes you appreciate the little things.
This is the most touching story I've read here

Thank you
And I hope you keep finding whatever it takes to push on, and heal

DieselSmack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all the very best Bronco Brother. What a sad story and I am sending my condolences, you sound like you gave her final months everything you had to keep her condition managed. Nothing but total respect and admiration for you.

Drive that bronco and enjoy the hell out of it. I think this 'toy' might be extra-special ❤

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

all the very best Bronco Brother. What a sad story and I am sending my condolences, you sound like you gave her final months everything you had to keep her condition managed. Nothing but total respect for you.

Drive that bronco and enjoy the hell out of it. I think this 'toy' might be extra-special ❤
Thanks, I have no doubt she played a hand in me finding out about the Bronco. She lead me to 'Ol Blue for sure, but that's a story for another day. I wasn't shopping around or looking to buy either vehicle, but I think she's "paying me back" for the Camaro I bought her for her 50th, just 3 months after she got out of the hospital. I'm so glad she had time to enjoy her car, she loved it.

TellurideBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a choice to make to make your husband happy. Either downgrade to the 10” screen, or buy him three cases of his favorite whiskey.

Congratulations on the loaded Bronco.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

corey07

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100%!! I feel the exact same. I have put my work in, but I am also blessed! Not much of a materialistic person, and dang a new shiny rig is the definition of it. I had a bit of a hard time rationalizing the indulgence and "bad" decision of it for a bit. I don't "need" a bronco, but I sure want it in my stable! The Bronc will make a lot of memories. In the end that is worth way more than money in my book.

I love your attitude and perspective. Thank you for sharing!

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm 100% with ya! Medicine here, been working 60-80hr/week since last March. With my student loans I doubt I'd get approved for a loan on a sofa, but at this point I'm well in position to drop cash on my LuxTrak.
Sponsored